Info: CPD...... Expected ROI?

Korin Dante MDe

Prowler
Heard of CPD and seems new kind of Deeds... Require full form of these and when the revenue from them are expected to start coming?

After the game gets released next year - no idea when though.

They've quoted 30% ROI.

If you mean "Deed holders will receive 30% of the gross ComPet revenue."

Then I think your "grossly" mistaken. :silly2:

That 30% is referring to 30% of whatever revenue the compet app garners. Not 30% return (per year) on your invested 100 peds per deed.

For example:
If the compet app gets 100k peds of revenue, then you get 30k peds. Divide that by 200,000 deeds, and that's 0.15 peds per deed.

But then again, we don't even know its payout period basis...will it be daily? weekly? monthly? yearly?

Therefore, its pretty hard to know the ROI judging by what little we know about them.

Last edited:
3,4% ROI based on purchase price of 100 peds.

After the game gets released next year - no idea when though.

They've quoted 30% ROI.

And for the new players where..the CLDs..yes we are still waiting for MA to start that project as of 3 years ago.

The bad part is they gravely calculated their expectations.

As i said in another thread about it

Assumptions underlying the graph:

1. That the average user lifespan will be six months
2. That 80% of the users will play for free and 20% will pay to play
3. That the Average Revenue per Paying User and month (ARPU) will be 3 USD.
They do seem to mean ARPPU though.

It would be great if MA knew anything about the mobile game industry before making these assumptions.

Average user lifespan on mobile is less than 3 months for most games http://www.flurry.com/bid/108904/Ben...s#.U9VB67F0fw8
Getting 20% of the users to pay is as unlikely as me getting an uber in EU. Normally getting 3% of your players to pay is considered good in a freemium game. http://www.gamesbrief.com/2011/11/conversion-rate/
Also an ARPU (They do seem to mean ARPPU though) of 3 USD is nuts. http://www.gamesbrief.com/2011/11/ar...reemium-games/ (note that these numbers are for ARPPU (per paying user, thus it's higher) MA's estimate is for all users.

It's 30% of the generated revenue, not 30% ROI.

...with few other asumptions IF they will be met ( some call that "company wishfull thinking " ).

To sum all up - nothing we can rely on. No facts yet. Not even good record from the past.

Historically MA have aimed for 3 year return, well they based CLD on 3 year return even if slightly lagging.

So lets assume say they priced it for 3 year return.

Also lets assume it is open to the whole of EU player base that will likely give it a go, or at least go and look at it. without including new players that like browser games (plus moble and tablet use).

Now because it's a third of the price as Caly, it's fair to assume that the div will be 3 times as much with the exact same spend on Calypso right now (that's excluding Ark and other PP player base popping in too)

So I've done these simple calcs here:

Caly Dividend V Compet Div

((1.5/10)*3)/7 = 0.06 ped a day (payback 5.48 years)
((2.5/10)*3)/7 = 0.11 ped a day (payback 2.74 years)
((3.5/10)*3)/7 = 0.15 ped a day (payback 1.83 years)

So last example is caly deed paying 3.50 ped per week divided by 10 (as caly deed was 1000 at start, compet is 100), then multiple by 3 as 3rd the sold asset value as Caly, then divide by 7 for peds per day.

Therefore you can compare with Ark deeds which are half the price of compet and producing on average 0.01 ped a day.

All in all, I think MA might be underselling it....if its s "big hit" But who knows.

Hope useful

Rick

edit: you can added an extra 5% too as compet revenue is 30% where Caly is 25%
Not to mention what you might earn from the affiliate programme, which I'm sure will ring a lot of bells with the something for nothing crowd.

The only issue is you're buying off plan and have no idea what the game will look like.

Players should take independent financial investment advice before buying deeds, and the writer already owns 300+ deeds so has a vested interest in compet. (think that's the legal stuff covered lol).

Last edited:
Underselling ? There are vast amounts of similar games out and there are also browser games where you can win real money all made by companies that have more knowledge and experience in that field. Mindarks pet battle game is a drop in the ocean. If it were that easy to get rich fast investors would wait in line to get their money taken.

I believe 30% are quite optimistic

Underselling ? There are vast amounts of similar games out and there are also browser games where you can win real money all made by companies that have more knowledge and experience in that field. Mindarks pet battle game is a drop in the ocean. If it were that easy to get rich fast investors would wait in line to get their money taken.

I believe 30% are quite optimistic

Hi Fiona, I'd be pleased to know one of these games, as would be keen to try it myself (seriously). Not a gambling product though, I'm aware of those. I'm assuming this game is similar to EU in the current RCE offering.

PM with some details please :)

The real difference might be cost to play, which would undoubtedly effect returns. MA mentioned $3 a month, but they also used to band around $1 an hour for EU, which is enough to put me in stitches for week.

Rick

I think they are some RCE browser games (no gambling) ...but never played one of those...(can't the country I living block this websites) one game of this is Market Glory...

But there is no Pet Battles browser games (RCE)....I hope atleast for browser games they use Java or a Game engine for browser games...so we can have animations and such...Don't know about mobile games apps ...the most of fighting (duel) games sucks ..no animations..is just a click button Fight and a short description of the fight...very annoying apps...On tablets is another market but here too depends on the OS too(Windows,Android,Apple)...and the game engine used too ...

Any info from MA about game engine used,some videos with the game itself will help in selling those deeds they want to sell...That the strategy used by many devs on kickstarter and indiegogo ...if they give only words and no communication very hard they get the support from us (the gamers)...

I feel totally confident that I am making the right decision by NOT investing in compet deeds. I just cant for the life of me see how it (the game) could be successful :scratch2:

The history of CLD is a shame.
What about the stuf included in CLD? Political system, claiming land etc?

Now they move on to next project without completed the first one.
How on Earth can u buy a share of a Project that is not even done?
Ma is Selling something that dont even exist.

What happends when they have sold all deeds?
Will they deliver a Product?

With the history of MA this is the next scam!

The history of CLD is a shame.
What about the stuf included in CLD? Political system, claiming land etc?

Now they move on to next project without completed the first one.
How on Earth can u buy a share of a Project that is not even done?
Ma is Selling something that dont even exist.

What happends when they have sold all deeds?
Will they deliver a Product?

With the history of MA this is the next scam!

Well in all fairness, i'm really happy with my CLD and don't care about the political system and land claiming (although, i do find it terrible that they don't deliver what they promise), but I wouldn't call it a scam.

Also with crowd funding (what this basically is), it is normal they they get the money before they build something. If they would have already built it, there would be no need for the money.

It is abvious that the ROI will be negative. Once the comepets is online the expesese will be more than the income and it will automaticaly draw peds from CPD oners pedcards.

It is abvious that the ROI will be negative. Once the comepets is online the expesese will be more than the income and it will automaticaly draw peds from CPD oners pedcards.
Ow, that caught my interest! So it's basically the same as EU!?

* off to buy me some CPD *

Oh well you sure know how to sell it! Think I might just have to sink all my savings into these things...

Yes, I think he is right about the fact that PED or other currency of CP will be drawn from Deed holders Card.

Can you please stop giving MA stupid ideas ? They are reading this forum !

Well in all fairness, i'm really happy with my CLD and don't care about the political system and land claiming (although, i do find it terrible that they don't deliver what they promise), but I wouldn't call it a scam.

Im also happy with my CLD and ROI :)
But...
If u sell a product and dont deliver its a scam im my Point of wiev...

Anyway as I said before we don't know about ComPet how will work...
But read this article Skillz on iOS

Now just think some Compet tournaments in partnership with Skillz ......

Last edited:
Possibility of a Compets website that could become uber sticky like the Neopets website and so generate advertising and licencing revenue if the game takes off? http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/neopet2.htm

Owners benefit from logging in regularly and clicking through on ads to boost their pets attributes.

And licencing merchandise items.

Share of above revenue goes to Compet deed owners.

Or does this conflict with the new stables?

Don't know, is this in the mix or a bad idea?

Hi Fiona, I'd be pleased to know one of these games, as would be keen to try it myself (seriously). Not a gambling product though, I'm aware of those. I'm assuming this game is similar to EU in the current RCE offering.

PM with some details please :)

The real difference might be cost to play, which would undoubtedly effect returns. MA mentioned $3 a month, but they also used to band around $1 an hour for EU, which is enough to put me in stitches for week.

Rick

Go play a game called dark orbit (browser game)

If MAs offering to the market and their advertising (lol) are half as good as that then it should do well (just my speculation)

I think they are some RCE browser games (no gambling) ...but never played one of those...(can't the country I living block this websites) one game of this is Market Glory...

But there is no Pet Battles browser games (RCE)....I hope atleast for browser games they use Java or a Game engine for browser games...so we can have animations and such...Don't know about mobile games apps ...the most of fighting (duel) games sucks ..no animations..is just a click button Fight and a short description of the fight...very annoying apps...On tablets is another market but here too depends on the OS too(Windows,Android,Apple)...and the game engine used too ...

Any info from MA about game engine used,some videos with the game itself will help in selling those deeds they want to sell...That the strategy used by many devs on kickstarter and indiegogo ...if they give only words and no communication very hard they get the support from us (the gamers)...

IF they make it using unity it should cross platform fairly well. Im assuming it wont contain a lot of live action but rather be more of a turn based thing so it should work fine.

Back