My number one wishlist is an ingame stock market

mightymax99

Guardian
My number one wishlist is an ingame stock market, where you can invest in peoples shops and businesses. to grow the businesses and share in the profits, if any

Would be a bit limited wouldn't it? They would need to make "Corporations" a new game concept 1st. Anyway I think there was stock market or something similar long ago which lasted a couple of years?

Edit: You can share an investment in say an LA or some other Virtual Real Estate with a player(s), but at your own risk.

Last edited:
This is a slow developing game, which is good in some aspects because of the RCE.
I have always thought the idea of a stockmarket would be cool, and remember seeing the buildings at old hadshame.

With the CLDs, AUDs, and the new pet deeds, etc.... i think they are actually moving towards that goal pretty well. Within a few years there will be close to a dozzen different options for deeds players can trade in, and as the system develops there may be the chance to branch out in more risky (player organized) deeds, but who knows... time will tell.

For now though I am happy with the relativly 'safe' stock options we have now as compared to the risk and trust we would need for player run corperations. (even though it would make some of my personal projects much easier :) )

Would be a bit limited wouldn't it? They would need to make "Corporations" a new game concept 1st. Anyway I think there was stock market or something similar long ago which lasted a couple of years?

Edit: You can share an investment in say an LA or some other Virtual Real Estate with a player(s), but at your own risk.

ya I mean I am in agreement with you, corporations that produce profits and issue stock would be AWESOME as a base and groundwork. if they develop this and make it work like their economy works really well now, this game could really really take off and go to the next level worldwide

This is a slow developing game, which is good in some aspects because of the RCE.
I have always thought the idea of a stockmarket would be cool, and remember seeing the buildings at old hadshame.

With the CLDs, AUDs, and the new pet deeds, etc.... i think they are actually moving towards that goal pretty well. Within a few years there will be close to a dozzen different options for deeds players can trade in, and as the system develops there may be the chance to branch out in more risky (player organized) deeds, but who knows... time will tell.

For now though I am happy with the relativly 'safe' stock options we have now as compared to the risk and trust we would need for player run corperations. (even though it would make some of my personal projects much easier :) )

I wouldn't want to have to "trust" any other people or any other corporations. I would want the system they develop be automated so that as a shareholder that bought a share at this exchange you own the equivalent of XXX% of the issued shares, and % of the corporation. Whether or not you decide to buy the shares in the first place will be based on your own research and financials provided by the corp , just like any business, there would be buyer beware. would also create a new in game service of in game auditors etc

there are already "stocks" to invest in for a share of the profits, they are called calypso land deeds and Arkadia underground deeds and compet deeds, there might even be others i cant recall at the moment, there are plenty of ways of investing.

personally i do not think EU has anywhere enough of a population of players to make a stock market feasible.

there are maybe 3k players playing EU at the most active times in the year, and there are 10s of millions if not more people world wide buying and selling RL stocks

yeah I think there are a lot of cool ideas but at the end of the day, if the game cant like quadruple the amount of players who actually play and cycle ped through the loot pool then all this is pointless

Back