A week with customer support

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
Saturday, one week ago
On 2014-07-19 20:22:05 you wrote:
Every action on cyrene i get a pop-up message "Unexpected error": Scrap the Drone
Code: 0

This is very annoying

Later Saturday
On 2014-07-20 03:02:25 you wrote:
Furthermore, it appears i have lost counters for all the missions with a kill count. I should mention that the mission "Scrap the Drone" shows that the first step (kill 100 drill bots) is complete, but going to James Henry raises an error, like everything else.

Sunday
On 2014-07-20 22:00:14 you wrote:
This really makes it about impossible to enjoy participating the way it pops up two error messages every probe drop or almost any other event. Please fix ASAP.

Monday
On 2014-07-21 17:51:45 you wrote:
Knock knock. It's a weekday. Anyone home? :(

Tuesday
On 2014-07-22 12:43:49 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Doer,

We have forwarded this to the Cyrene team, as it is a planet partner it is most likely they who will have to fix this error.

Are you still experiencing it? in that case when and where?

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Wednesday
On 2014-07-23 03:23:13 you wrote:
Yes, every time i successfully gather sweat, every time i drop a probe, even walking around sometimes i get the error popping up, and all the missions except one i just got--meet the zyn'kimbro--are missing the counter.

Sometimes the unexpected error says Unknown Code: 0, and sometimes it says what i said in the first report. I basically don't do anything but sweat for now because all the mission counters are broken and the pop-up error messages every few seconds are too annoying.

Thursday
On 2014-07-24 05:26:24 you wrote:
Still unplayable. You're missing out on decay...

Friday
On 2014-07-25 02:26:50 you wrote:
Hello. Is anyone looking into this? Do you need any more information from me?

And here comes another weekend...

eek, that does sound like quite a hard one for them :confused: could be a while :(

Edit: is a long shot but because as far as we know it's only you so far, maybe some corruption client side with your cyrene data? So a repair or reinstall? At least then you are doing something other than waiting for them, and as it well be development who need to look into it, could take a bit of time...

I had the same problem on cyrene. dropping a few quests solved it for me.

1. Abandoning the mission usually fixes it.
2. From cyrene forum. http://cyreneforum.com/threads/bugs-july-1st.6552/page-2#post-18957
[QUOTE="Kris | Cyrene]Hey Manny,
I can verify that any kills you make during this mission will be counted. However, the counter is, for lack of better terms "Hidden".
Cheers,
Kris[/QUOTE]
3. Why post this on planetcalypso general discussion? This is a bug/s with a different planet. My advice to you, in the future read some about bugs on the respective planet partner forum before you enter it, known bugs are usually there. This will prevent disappointments and frustration.
Also cyrene staff usually very active and responds to support directly on forum because of the fee for every support case.

4. 1 week is nothing when we swedes go on vacation then nobody is in da house. Try over one month of a bug report and still no compensation of lost item (two 6A plates lost) even after several bumps in the support case.
http://cyreneforum.com/threads/made-improved-b-e-pilot-and-lost-plates.6534/
This is something the entropia universe support department is supposed to resolve but it appears nobody is in tha house :)

Last edited:
1. Abandoning the mission usually fixes it.
2. From cyrene forum. http://cyreneforum.com/threads/bugs-july-1st.6552/page-2#post-18957

3. Why post this on planetcalypso general discussion?
Well maybe technical subforum would have been better, but as far as i'm concerned this is entropia forum, the forum for all of entropia, regardless of whatever shady deal switched the nameplate. I have no interest in staying up to date on forums for each individual planet.

In any case thanks for the link. I read through that and there's nothing there of help to me. The missing kill count is of little concern to me if the kill count is actually being updated. The error pop-up every action i take, and the inability to complete the drone mission that is already done, are the real problems.

This is a bug/s with a different planet. My advice to you, in the future read some about bugs on the respective planet partner forum before you enter it, known bugs are usually there. This will prevent disappointments and frustration.
Also cyrene staff usually very active and responds to support directly on forum because of the fee for every support case. That may be why it took so long to get a response.

Hope this helps you.

-Sub-Zero.

So in other words, the built-in system for customer support is not the one i should turn to first? :eyecrazy: Anyway, one would think that known issues wouldn't take more than a week to respond to, regardless.

/mod note/ moved this to the 'other planets' section, as it concerns a bug on Cyrene.

/mod note/ moved this to the 'other planets' section, as it concerns a bug on Cyrene.

Yes, it does, but it's relevant to all participants that it takes three days for a response from MA customer support.

but as far as i'm concerned this is entropia forum, the forum for all of entropia,

Really? I thought more of you.....
You've been around long enough to know you would get a reply faster if you would have posted on cyreneforum (and apparantly even here), then when you file a supportcase.

Just drop the silly mission and enjoy the game, that's more fun then getting fed up by slow support.

Really? I thought more of you.....
You've been around long enough to know you would get a reply faster if you would have posted on cyreneforum (and apparantly even here), then when you file a supportcase.

Just drop the silly mission and enjoy the game, that's more fun then getting fed up by slow support.

Hmm you thought what? The majority of my posts here are under the banner entropia forum. It was changed to planet calypso forum with all my posts and threads, or else i'd be on entropia forum still. I don't see the need for separate forums for every planet, each one a ghost town. It's not like the traffic here is too high to manage...

As for posting vs submitting a case, i prefer not to bother players with something that's a support issue because there's nothing they can do about it. A lack of responsiveness from support is a problem worth bringing up, though.

That thread doesn't mention anything about pop-up errors being fixed by dropping missions. Spawn, did you have the pop-up errors? Did it reset your kill counts on the missions you dropped?

I dropped the Scrap the Drone mission and it seems to have fixed the problem. However, it reset it from being 100/100 to back to 0/100. What a crock.

Back