Question: A Mining Run?

Society
Freelancer
xo TRAP ox
What really is a legitimate mining run, ped wise.

I here people with all sorts of different amount mining runs, from 100 ped runs to 2k ped runs.
Plz tell me what a standard mining run is. Thanks

Proper spreadsheet unamped run equals ~500 ped.

With AMP's it's 3-5 AMP's burned of any level per run

edit:
It depends on your bankroll and available free time mostly

Last edited:
It is really up to you.
You can use amps to spice it up, or you can even go to a high risk location like FOMA, where you are likely to lose your stakes.

There are miners that go about it scientifically, measuring out every step, or miners like me that just wander about and drop whenever they feel a spot is nice.

For me I always took 100 bombs and 100 probes with me, so now that bombs are a thing of the past I always take probes for 150 peds with me and always search for ore and enmatter at the same time.

Also I do such a run once every 3-6 months to check if its fun again like it was about 6 years back, when I sometimes did two such runs on a day...
todays run was stopped short after 30 drops with a massive server crash :scratch2:

there is no "standard" i know players that go with 10 ped and a rookie finder, and others that take several thousands of peds and an inventory of amps and dont come back till they're done.

i typically take 1-2k peds with me into several areas and list what ive found for the day on the auction before i go to bed.

Sounds good, was curious thats all.

i would say 300 drops single drops

Heya

I do in my runs around 300-500 Drops with Lvl4Amped / DClass Amped Single drop

When i mine indoor Areas mostly around 1000-1600 Drops with lvl2/3 Amps

Greatings Sarian

Heya

I do in my runs around 300-500 Drops with Lvl4Amped / DClass Amped Single drop

When i mine indoor Areas mostly around 1000-1600 Drops with lvl2/3 Amps

Greatings Sarian

How long does a run on planet side take you? I usually do 3 lvl5 amps indoors and 300-400 on planetside with lvl 2 amp or no amp, and mostly single drops

How long does a run on planet side take you? I usually do 3 lvl5 amps indoors and 300-400 on planetside with lvl 2 amp or no amp, and mostly single drops

A 500 Drop run takes around 6-8 Hours with Drilling the Foma Runs around 3-4 hours Need a Little longer on planet im mining by foot dont use vehicles :)

if unamped, 100 drops per run is enough for a semi normal return, however if you want better overall average return per run, id say do about 300 drops per run... unamped that is...

I cant speak for amped runs

What really is a legitimate mining run, ped wise.

Are you playing for fun, or to compete with eve?

I haven't mined much lately but when I do its as many amps planet-side (I try to avoid indoor rules) as I can drop in an hour without drilling. If I have time for more then I drill, reset, and go again.

I would say that trying to do around 200 loot events should be fine (amped or unamped) - atleast thats what I usually aim for.

Are you playing for fun, or to compete with eve?

I haven't mined much lately but when I do its as many amps planet-side (I try to avoid indoor rules) as I can drop in an hour without drilling. If I have time for more then I drill, reset, and go again.

LOL, No I'm not trying to compete with EVE. I sometimes get the urge to mine and was wondering what a run might be to other people. I like hunting more then mining.

It really varies by the person and their preferences, but I'd say 100-200 drops is pretty typical for the minimum that people consider a run.

My method might be a little unorthodox, but I consider a run (in my ledger at least) running my finder from full condition down to unusable condition. That does mean cycling thousands of ped, but that results in having large amounts of most items so that the auction fee takes an even smaller percentage out of your sale. That's really a product of wanting to have all my items sold within a run before starting a new one. Otherwise, if I sold an item from one run during another, it would complicate my record keeping of how many ped in sales goes to which run.

Back