Trading Culture

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
I've often thought for years EU's trading culture in PCF is aggressive, stubborn, even arrogant and possible a little rude to potential buyers. Although recently I'm wondering if it's not a EU culture at all, and maybe it has something to do with Real Life and the countries players live in.

For some sellers I often read posts which are worded in such a way it kind of reads like this: My price is fixed at x, there is no negotiation if you don't like it then basically f*** o**.

So I'm wondering is this how things get sold in your countries? No one has any discussion or o-n-o (or near offer), or even open to offers?

It's interesting because I see a market where although things are getting sold, the stuff coming onto the market seems to be out stripping demand, yet the doctorial selling posts seem to be becoming more frequent not less....it does make me smile.

I'm not after items myself, just watching the market right now, however the game is down, and my mind was wondering. Maybe an interesting discussion to follow....hee,hee.

Rick

Well, there are traders that operate within the market value limits, buying on the low band and selling on MU.

Those traders do well, are open for discussions and add value to Entropia since they function as a failsafe for MU on everyday items during slow market times.

Then there are traders who buy on MU, or even over MU, and then try to sell for 1.5 * MU or even higher, those are the ones bumping their gun ( or whatever ) for ages without any success, and if you bid on MU they feel insulted cause its less than they paid :)

I blame RCE

It makes people greedy and 100-500 ped difference in price turns people mad

I blame RCE

It makes people greedy and 100-500 ped difference in price turns people mad

Way worse, actually.

And I blame not RCE, but small playerbase and VERY tight market + extra slow turnovers. It makes sometimes very idiotic situations.

BUT!

Is that question TS actually asking for?

So I'm wondering is this how things get sold in your countries? No one has any discussion or o-n-o (or near offer), or even open to offers?

Then there are traders who buy on MU, or even over MU, and then try to sell for 1.5 * MU or even higher, those are the ones bumping their gun ( or whatever ) for ages without any success, and if you bid on MU they feel insulted cause its less than they paid :)

Nice....Laughed for ages on that comment ermik

I have traded a little off and on, I have noticed the ones that would tell me. That the attitude people came across with depended a lot on age and there IRL money situation, and to a lesser extent there English skills.

In my country its unusual to barter with some expectations for example cars.

Most people see the price tag and decide I buy it or I don't buy it. If nobody buys the price will go down.
If you try to negotiate you must do this very subtle else people are offended (with examples)

The joke is, this is only between End user and Salesman. If you run a business its all of sudden pretty much normal to barter for discounts but go in a designer store and ask for a discount on the cloths and get laugh at and leave empty handed.

There's a third kind, the ones that come to your selling thread and bid 50% MU or less hoping for that dumb seller/newbie to grab their fast, quick and easy ped.

Let's say there are two kinds of Sellers:

The hardcore reseller, that has a fixed price. He does't mind keeping the item for years, if he can't get the price he wants. And selling things 1.5xMU is what drives his profits, if he finds a desperate buyer.

Then, a normal player. Sometimes, just trying to sell somethign more expensive than usual, but thinking it is the true market value. Let's say someone who doesn't check the market fully Before putting it up for sale.

Then we have two types of buyers:
One usually pay the listed price. In some cases try to get the price to lower a bit, but then using rational means.

The other is a "hardcore buyer". Someone who is the counterpart of the reseller above - someone who wants to squeeze out every single PED.

Problem is that most "normal" people gets annoyed when they are in Contact with a hardcore reseller or a hardcore buyer. And, a hardcore reseller doesn't want to waste their time with people who tries them to lower their margin.

Though, in the best interest, would be if the one who wants a fixed price tells it in a nice way, not by using aggressive language. Using aggressive languate just fires other people up, becoming more mad at them.

As for buying I belong to a third category: Too broke to pay several thousands of PEDs lol. Sometimes just offering what I have on my PED card if a seller screams too loud. I don't expect to get a mod fap for 0.97 PED... but I can Always hope :laugh:

Back