Item Loan Deeds

Kitch

Prowler
So what I am after more than anything, and I have raised it before and know others have too (I don't care) Is the ability to loan an item out and have it deposited back into your inventory after the loan period expires.

Here's how it could work, I will add ideas to this:

~The Loan trade window would look different to the normal trade window, so no confusion(scamming).
~MindArk could receive a MODEST fee dependent on the length of the loan and maximal TT of the item.
~A user could gain "Loan Deeds" from mission rewards, which can be traded with Mark Up. Consume on use.
~Item automatically go back to originator when loan expires regardless of who is logged in.
~The lender can ask a fee of-course, separate from MA's fee.
~Different levels of Loan Deed Tokens for duration, and level of item. Trade-able tokens

As far as safety goes, the benefits of this are obvious. And as for how would effect MU on items? Well nothing would change in the market would it? The only difference is now you don't need collateral, you just pay a fee. The same amount of items would still exists in the game so MU shouldn't be effected.

-kitch

Last edited:
This idea was bought up many times

Mindark's stance was against that feature because they are afraid a Group or a single person will dry the market of selected high demand items (mod/imp fap , mkII, merc ect.) and create a loan monopoly. The time this statement was made was around the relase of Bank buissnes inside entropia.

I found this ridicules but today I believe it is possible and it would happen.

Mindark's stance was against that feature because they are afraid a Group or a single person will dry the market of selected high demand items (mod/imp fap , mkII, merc ect.) and create a loan monopoly. The time this statement was made was around the relase of Bank buissnes inside entropia.

Yes, its exactly what would happen.

I didn't realize they had actually made a statement. Yeah I suppose that would happen yeah, kinda broken isn't it? Just like what already happens now with a certain few people hording resources to manipulate the market for those.

I myself am going for Gyro FAP-14 Smuggler monopoly! Hide yo kids, hide yo wives!

Last edited:

Easy, disable the feature for Rare items or items meeting a certain criteria. Boom!

We do not see much info about them, but isn't what you describing here the EU Banking system? And if so, I would guess if we knew who owned which banks we then could work with them to loan out our items for a money fee or something..but still We do have such a system yet not used all that much.

Well that point has been made before and I have also said that truly MinArk is the only one in control of items because they could just cause more to loot as needed.

People would hoard items to rent out to others as a service... I am one of them who would, others would too and all of would increase investment in EU and increase demand for all good items, but only short term if the rental system is t designed correctly.

Play that scenario out over months and years. Eventually the (L) market would be destroyed, and that's not the end of the world, but eventually it would get to a point were it doesn't make sense to buy unlimited items as an individual. Why would you pay 30k for a gun when you can just rent it for a small fee? Why would you buy (L) when your can rent a tiered unlimited item that's even better?

If we could rent out unlimited amounts of items, all balance would eventually be destroyed. The initial higher investment that rental systems would create would only be a bubble and after that, investment in EU would fall off the cliff and the game would crash and burn.

So if they did a rental system, the amount of items that any specific avatar could loan out at a time would have to be dramatically restricted.

If I were MA, I would make it so any specific avatar could only rent out 4 or 5 items at a time using the rental system. I would also devise a way so a set of armor would be counted as 1 item. Restricting it in this way would prevent unbalance caused by item barons.

Any possible rental system would have to be designed in a way that accommodates only the needs of the individual and not the needs of people who would use it as a profit center.

Play that scenario out over months and years. Eventually the (L) market would be destroyed, and that's not the end of the world, but eventually it would get to a point were it doesn't make sense to buy unlimited items as an individual. Why would you pay 30k for a gun when you can just rent it for a small fee? Why would you buy (L) when your can rent a tiered unlimited item that's even better?

If we could rent out unlimited amounts of items, all balance would eventually be destroyed. The initial higher investment that rental systems would create would only be a bubble and after that, investment in EU would fall off the cliff and the game would crash and burn.

So if they did a rental system, the amount of items that any specific avatar could loan out at a time would have to be dramatically restricted.

If I were MA, I would make it so any specific avatar could only rent out 4 or 5 items at a time using the rental system. I would also devise a way so a set of armor would be counted as 1 item. Restricting it in this way would prevent unbalance caused by item barons.

Any possible rental system would have to be designed in a way that accommodates only the needs of the individual and not the needs of people who would use it as a profit center.

Yes it would create a bit of a head ache for the balancing department. Which was what my loan tokens were supposed to counter

Yes it would create a bit of a head ache for the balancing department. Which was what my loan tokens were supposed to counter

Consumable Tokens would work as long as there were restrictions on how many a person could use at a time and would be good because it would allow MA to immediately end or restrict item loaning if there was a balancing issue that surfaced.

this would...

...so help UL item value...it would friggin rock....I have said this forever...there needs to be complicated agreement deeds for LA owning, large item sharing or renting/leasing items...

Brick

One area I think they definitely could and should improve is with services such as colouring and texturing.

I mean if you think about it the system is kinda flawed because you are supposed to develop a skill which not many people have, but then to sell the skill, you need to mess about giving someone collateral so you can colour someones Sleipnir or whatever.

You should absolutely be able to apply colouring/texturing in the same way you can with hair or body sculpting.

Back