FYI: Losing confidence!

There is one thing that should be fixed ASAP.

- During the loot lag you can manually click the corpse and the loot will be registered. (You can keep hunting, leave the area and u'll still receive all the loot later)
- Loot Collection Pill in the same situation does nothing. (If u keep hunting and leave the area u get no loot).

So, you pay for the special tool but it works worse than the free stuff. That's kinda backwards. :yup:

As for the rest of the discussion, some ppl have to learn when to post and when to keep away from the forums. Duh.

Some people also need to learn to read!

Last go at trying to explain my situation to some :dunce:'s.....

I was hunting LT every time I killed one I manually looted it, then the lag kicked in but I was still getting loots just not as soon as I looted the mob.... Following so far????

Now some time into my hunt (after the lag started) I decided I was waiting on too many loot's to come back to myself via the loot lag.... Still with me????

So I stopped hunting and decided to plant my ship and stand and wait till I had received all the loots due, 2 mins later I had received 2 loots and then boom CTD servers down.... Still reading or you started making your stupid reply post already?

Now when i've logged back in know my average cost per kill and being able to count how many kills i've been registered with via the kill point system I calculated I'm missing loot from 15 kills.

Yes some might be nova, blazar or even no loots but not all 15 so i've been robbed out of loot by this server lag issue. I have calculated it being 113.xx ped that is $11.30 just for me! Now take that and times it by 100 people that means they (MA) gained $1130, lets say it happened to 1000 people thats $11300!

Now look at it this way all you who are saying I should not be mad just accept it shit happens etc.....

You log into your online sports betting site you deposit $50 and place a bet but something happens when you press PLACE BET button and your money leaves your account but your bet is not placed.... Would you be happy with that?

You go see a live band play and tickets cost $100 but just as your about to walk into the venue the gig gets cancelled and your told you wont be refunded your $100.... Is this ok???

Point is regardless the value of the loss its not acceptable anywhere else so why do we accept it here?

Ok fanboys your turn to speak!

Where was I stealing mobs? You clearly never read it right.

Players might not weap over me leaving and I dont really care, but how many other silent others like me are falling into this boat? MA TAKES your peds and you deposit and continue to play? If a guy walks down the street and says show me your wallet then takes $10 and says thanks walks away no questions or quarells are you gonna accept that?

I've only just came back to playing for last 6 months after taking 18 months of to enjoy quallity family time and RL stuff, just looked at my deposit page and OMG what I could have spent that money on, but hey I had fun losing it! But this is just blatant theft and I won't stand for that!

So as I said if I dont get an acceptable conclusion to my support case, my playing days are over!

You are going to quit a game you have played and spent lots of money on for the past 7+ years because you lost $10?

Lol. I'd be pissed too but probably wouldn't quit.

If i lost 10$ because of server bullshit i would be pissed too.... for 5 minutes.

You seem to think its some principal issue that MA has somehow HUSSKED you when in fact server crashes are very much out of there control. In the past some crashes have favoured the player base(decay/ammo returned and loot from mobs still in inventory) and some haven't its not 100% reliable what will happen when a server breaks. But again should they improve? of course they should.

Bottom line is this: Do you think MA will do there best to get you your money back? If the answer is no(as i suspect it is from your op and all other posts in this thread) then why the hell are you still here doing business with someone you dont trust?

Best regards
Zweshi

You are going to quit a game you have played and spent lots of money on for the past 7+ years because you lost $10?

Lol. I'd be pissed too but probably wouldn't quit.

Did you read the post above?

How many others did this happen to? did others lose more or less than i did, should we all accept this?

nvm, this was covered in a later post.

Last edited:
If i lost 10$ because of server bullshit i would be pissed too.... for 5 minutes.

You seem to think its some principal issue that MA has somehow HUSSKED you when in fact server crashes are very much out of there control. In the past some crashes have favoured the player base(decay/ammo returned and loot from mobs still in inventory) and some haven't its not 100% reliable what will happen when a server breaks. But again should they improve? of course they should.

Bottom line is this: Do you think MA will do there best to get you your money back? If the answer is no(as i suspect it is from your op) then why the hell are you still here doing business with someone you dont trust?

Best regards
Zweshi

Dude you got my point exactly!!!!

I want to think any company who had a server issue crash what ever that caused its customers to lose MONEY would do its best to replace it, what baffles me is how so many of you just roll over and accept it then come on here and make me look like an idiot for deciding enough is enough.

Edited out the hyperbole.

Have you ever stopped and listened to yourself?

New mining system: good loot for one day out of every two weeks.

Currently there are HUGE SWINGS with almost all runs being BORING and average TT return is lower than it should be. So neither group is happy. I would say there are not more than a few miners who like the current system excepting the few who got a very recent big hof :p.

I wish they would just make it the way it used to be prior to january of last year... you could usually count on 2-3 globals per 1k drops and after 5k spent your average is almost always close to 95% TT return. Average without globals would be about 75-85% TT return. Why is that so hard?

Current average TT returns in mining (over many players) is about 87% on probes which is under 85% after decay. This is a huge change from last year and the returns just continue to drop month after month. To compare this to last year... the average TT return on probes was 100%. I really don't know what MA is doing. I have also seen a change in HOFs. HOFs tend to be mostly on low MU minerals rather than a representative sample of the available ores (this, too, is different from last year).

ESIs... didn't those use to drop in loot once upon a time? :laugh:

Mining is not the fun adventure it was before "mod loot" but that's not a recent change. It's an ongoing problem that Mindark won't address because "loot is functioning as intended". :dunce:

I think you are exaggerating,...........

I disagree. ........

Take your armor off and you won't get decay. :laugh:

Returns have fallen in mining also, so it's not just hunting.

Update: Sad to report MA has decreased mining returns even further. The past week, we cycled around 50k ped, 95% which was unamped. After targetting decent MU areas and selling the ores patiently on the market we have a net loss. Pretty sure that's the first time that has ever happened, had an entire week that was unprofitable.

Mining is not nearly enough fun for this kind of return.

I think they can just repost the state of the universe from last year, since most of it wasn't done (lowering cost to play, taming, space, TEN events on all planets).

Just an update, one month later and Mindark has actually decreased the average TT return for mining. Not only have globals and HOFs remained rare, but the overall TT return has been reduced 6% from normal, giving the average miner (mining properly) no more than 89% long term return. This sample is around 150k drops.

What this means: amps are more costly than ever, starting miners will have difficulty breaking even and are more likely to lose a lot, and mining is not a sure profit unless you choose your area carefully and expect to lose more than before, before you eventually make it into the profit zone. It means mining on untaxed land is now like mining on a 6% tax land area. Where are the extra peds going if they're not being returned to miners? Good question.

To sum up, Mindark continues to increase the cost to mine, which has been steadily rising since I started this thread.

I hope too many didn't rage quit over this issue :)

Yes mining has taken a nose dive since VU 14.4. Even lower TT returns, not the standard "95%" (or whatever number you were used to). The cost to mine is even worse than when I started this post. I really have no idea what mindark is doing. I guess trying to get us all to stop complaining... we complain at 80%, they lower it to 70% then after a while raise it to 75% and we are all happy.

Memory of a gold fish

I'd like to see a year without whining on the forums, I think it would be good for the game.

Blimey

I hate to break it to you but the people who do support often give incorrect answers.

Oh really....

This is very true. I suspect a lot of these threads are made in a misguided attempt to force MA into giving the OP an ATH in order to "shut them up". But it's really short sighted and well, actually just plain stupid. I'm sure this particular thread managed to turn away many prospective depositors and current depositors to run away in FUD. So if MA wasn't struggling before, they are having a harder time of it after this thread. Way to go!

Don't worry, the next subject of discussion will be "why don't more people play this game?!?!!"

I rest my case.

Who's Magam?

Can't be asked to read more of your threads, falling asleep.

night night

Rick

That's a really long post Rick.... What does it say?

My highly wisedom advise since this is happening lately if you dont get loot after 2 mobs just stand still dont shoot if you dont get it simple as that :D

My highly wisedom advise since this is happening lately if you dont get loot after 2 mobs just stand still dont shoot if you dont get it simple as that :D

Wise words! About time some normal people started talking instead of trolls and fanboys

Wise words! About time some normal people started talking instead of trolls and fanboys

So people with a different perspective or opinion, in your mind, are dismissed as fanboys and trolls?

So people with a different perspective or opinion, in your mind, are dismissed as fanboys and trolls?

People with nothing constructive to offer are dismissed yes!

Is it acceptable for a company to have a system error that costs its costumers money and not repay them?

I can accept hunting/crafting/mining losses as part of the game but how can anyone accept a system error that is the company's fault or not just taking the money? Anyone who does accept this, is MA's favourite kind of idiot!

People with nothing constructive to offer are dismissed yes!

Is it acceptable for a company to have a system error that costs its costumers money and not repay them?

I can accept hunting/crafting/mining losses as part of the game but how can anyone accept a system error that is the company's fault or not just taking the money? Anyone who does accept this, is MA's favourite kind of idiot!

Well, when you are done having a tantrum about $0.70 on a non-official forum, you might try sending a support case. Also, others say they didn't lose ammo during this period, so is that true for you? Furthermore, we still have yet to see what the outcome of MA's data recovery process is.

As has been widely posted throughout this forum, during the time of the outage there was significant storms in Sweden that caused blackouts. In my mind, it's hard to describe a weather related blackout as a "system error". I've seen people blame MindArk for a lot of stuff but this is the first time I've seen them blamed for the weather.

Reactions: SHY
Kinda reminds me of an old saying I had as my signature....

"I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either!"

:wtg:

Well, when you are done having a tantrum about $0.70 on a non-official forum, you might try sending a support case. Also, others say they didn't lose ammo during this period, so is that true for you? Furthermore, we still have yet to see what the outcome of MA's data recovery process is.

As has been widely posted throughout this forum, during the time of the outage there was significant storms in Sweden that caused blackouts. In my mind, it's hard to describe a weather related blackout as a "system error". I've seen people blame MindArk for a lot of stuff but this is the first time I've seen them blamed for the weather.

Dude has Mindark came out and said "the storms caused these server issue's"???????

So your just taking what people say on a "non-official forum" as the cause of the issue, don't you wanna wait to see the outcome of MA's data recovery process also?

I never lost anything after the first crash but the crash that led to this post I can assure you I have lost peds due to the crash regardless of what caused it the systems of the company i was interacting with had an issue/error/hack/powercut whatever you call it and I have posted a support case and being that its a PUBLIC forum I am allowed my say in here of how I feel!

You my friend have just got some kinda beef up your butt and have need to troll any post I make due to our disagreement about KSing. You've brought nothing constructive to this thread and if you have nothing constructive to ever add in any thread I make please just avoid it, i'm sure you have better things to spend your time on or am I THAT IMPORTANT to you?

I think i'm legend enough in your books that you took time to stand in a field of mobs and PM each of my soc mates you could find on player register and post a thread in MULTIPLE forums about me there is no need for you to follow me about like a lap dog honestly.

I have girlfriend and many friends from Sweden actually same city as MA Gothenburg and yes its been huge thunderstorm that night so its true .

That's a really long post Rick.... What does it say?

He was quoting my posts where I was reporting low mining returns last year, so I can only assume he meant to point out the fact that Mindark kindly brought mining returns back to normal at the end of March this year. Either that or he just really likes my comments.

He was quoting my posts where I was reporting low mining returns last year, so I can only assume he meant to point out the fact that Mindark kindly brought mining returns back to normal at the end of March this year. Either that or he just really likes my comments.

I can almost feel you smiling.

Every now and then someone will vent some frustration, it goes with the game. It eats away at you over time and builds up until someone blows off some steam on the forum, others might swear and scream at their pc instead. Give it a day or so and it all calms down. This is why generally I'm quite supportive when players have a rant, it's good for their soul, and I feel it's needed. It clears the air and lets them recover quicker. I just think when it happens players need some space...that's all.

On a personal level I think I've supported this game well over the years, god knows how many 10's of thousands of dollars. Although I've come to the realisation that at higher levels I can't make it scrapping by on the odd 1000 ped hunting, just doesn't work at high levels when the loot swings are huge compared to lower levels. (regardless what you might believe).

But I'm not ready to play off a fresh 5K or 10K ped hunting budget either, so I trickle it at them, making the situation even worse. I know that is not working, but I struggle to accept it, so hence why I get frustrated myself and add to others ranting.

So round two of the next big deed sale, this time compet and see if that helps prolong Ricks life here. But in the mean time I'm twiddling my thumbs which is not good either....lol.

Hey just saying let people have their breather, happy mining may lootius be with you.

Rick

know what...?

I am going to not even get involved and save what is left of my sanity :D

You seem to have a different opinion than everyone with common sense...

You should churn on that one a little bit, stop with your lazy-minded responses...

You seem to have a different opinion than everyone with common sense...

You should churn on that one a little bit, stop with your lazy-minded responses...

Can you explain again all the reasons why you think I'm an MA employee?

I forget what you said in those other threads.

Some people also need to learn to read!

Last go at trying to explain my situation to some :dunce:'s.....

I was hunting LT every time I killed one I manually looted it, then the lag kicked in but I was still getting loots just not as soon as I looted the mob.... Following so far????

Now some time into my hunt (after the lag started) I decided I was waiting on too many loot's to come back to myself via the loot lag.... Still with me????

So I stopped hunting and decided to plant my ship and stand and wait till I had received all the loots due, 2 mins later I had received 2 loots and then boom CTD servers down.... Still reading or you started making your stupid reply post already?

Now when i've logged back in know my average cost per kill and being able to count how many kills i've been registered with via the kill point system I calculated I'm missing loot from 15 kills.

Yes some might be nova, blazar or even no loots but not all 15 so i've been robbed out of loot by this server lag issue. I have calculated it being 113.xx ped that is $11.30 just for me! Now take that and times it by 100 people that means they (MA) gained $1130, lets say it happened to 1000 people thats $11300!

Now look at it this way all you who are saying I should not be mad just accept it shit happens etc.....

You log into your online sports betting site you deposit $50 and place a bet but something happens when you press PLACE BET button and your money leaves your account but your bet is not placed.... Would you be happy with that?

You go see a live band play and tickets cost $100 but just as your about to walk into the venue the gig gets cancelled and your told you wont be refunded your $100.... Is this ok???

Point is regardless the value of the loss its not acceptable anywhere else so why do we accept it here?

Ok fanboys your turn to speak!

That is a better explanation of what happened. All I know is I have had 6-10 loots backed up got DC'ed but knew my inventory not just average kills and when I logged in hours later I did have loot I never had in my inventory before I crashed out. I have seen this more then once so I do know as long as you pick up the mobs it is registered server side to give you the loot if connected or not.

Now there could have been some other issue with the prior days instability but seriously all you can do is submit a support case about it with as much clear detail as you can and go round and round for weeks trying to get compensation but most likely either they will just accept your complaint and give to you right away or you will never get anything back from it all depending on what proof you send them and their logs tell them. They are not just going to trust your word and hand you ped without you doing a lot of footwork to try to get it or they admit their at fault.

Just saying

BTW I am not a fan boy I have so many complaints about shit in the game and towards MA I probably register as a complainer. I just know and accept how things will most likely turn out because I've been there done that many times.

That is a better explanation of what happened. All I know is I have had 6-10 loots backed up got DC'ed but knew my inventory not just average kills and when I logged in hours later I did have loot I never had in my inventory before I crashed out. I have seen this more then once so I do know as long as you pick up the mobs it is registered server side to give you the loot if connected or not.

Now there could have been some other issue with the prior days instability but seriously all you can do is submit a support case about it with as much clear detail as you can and go round and round for weeks trying to get compensation but most likely either they will just accept your complaint and give to you right away or you will never get anything back from it all depending on what proof you send them and their logs tell them. They are not just going to trust your word and hand you ped without you doing a lot of footwork to try to get it or they admit their at fault.

Just saying

BTW I am not a fan boy I have so many complaints about shit in the game and towards MA I probably register as a complainer. I just know and accept how things will most likely turn out because I've been there done that many times.

Clearly your not, but I never explained in as much detail on forum as i did in my support.

This is not directed at you K-max, but it amazes me that people think I would have just came on here and made a whine thread without putting a support ticket in and that after 8yrs of playing i don't know how support work (need to explain dumb terms to them).

Back