Info: Watch out for the NBK

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I logged on this morning to find a PM welcoming me to the NBK Army. I had never been invited nor even talked to about joining. I also was not aware that one could be recruited with out applying or permission. I was in the NBK sometime ago and left when they became bookkeepers. We were required to update our stats every week. We were even required to put the dates in Euro format rather than USA format because I guess the guy issuing the order was to dumb to do the conversion:scratch2: Moreover they were obsessed with Soc standing other than helping other soc mates. This is just a little heads up if your are looking for a soc because if you are around for a while you just may become an NBK member without having to do anything.

Someone sent you the PM by mistake - they must be terrible, horrible, nasty folks over there! :argue:

I understand you got frustrated by having to update you soc info once a month it can be a real headache. I mean it takes sooooo long - and using a different format!!1!! What the heck? :eyecrazy:

But seriously, I think the NBK's a great group of people, especially the Army branch where new players are welcomed and helped. Granny is a fantastic leader. And yep, it's a requirement that people update the terminal every so often, it helps the administration clear out the new players that leave EU. With 100+ new players (under 50K skill) in the Army branch some are going to find that EU isn't for them.

If you are interested in the NBK, get in touch with a member, or apply at the Soc terminal.

Well, blind society invites are usually bad form but it's possible that it was sent on accident. As we just confirmed in game, there is no pop up message to me confirming that I want to send you a society invite.

You old me in game that you logged on this morning to find yourself a NBK member and that you had bought something from a NBK member. So what I'm putting together here, when you traded a NBK member he/she accidentally sent you a society invite, which you accidentally accepted. Then I'm guessing that someone from that NBK soc saw your app sitting in the society terminal and approved it.

So it's highly probable that this was simply a series of accidents on your and their part.

I logged on this morning to find a PM welcoming me to the NBK Army. I had never been invited nor even talked to about joining.

Sorry, but reading the above put the above song into my head. First I've heard of being able to login to find yourself in a new society without applying though. :scratch2:

Well, blind society invites are usually bad form but it's possible that it was sent on accident. As we just confirmed in game, there is no pop up message to me confirming that I want to send you a society invite.

You old me in game that you logged on this morning to find yourself a NBK member and that you had bought something from a NBK member. So what I'm putting together here, when you traded a NBK member he/she accidentally sent you a society invite, which you accidentally accepted. Then I'm guessing that someone from that NBK soc saw your app sitting in the society terminal and approved it.

So it's highly probable that this was simply a series of accidents on your and their part.

After our discussion I agree that it could have been an accident, I don't remember anything but the trade screen popping up but could have missed. If that was the case I apologize for that part. Having said that I do not, however, apologize for the rest of the comments. And to Kal it was once a week not once a month and yes that is a pain in the butt, once month no. The final straw was the date thing that is flat plain BS period. I also was not in the army I was in the elite so maybe things different there, however, and not saying this in a bad way, but with the low requirements for the army I would wonder who is going to help. Also Granny was not the person I was talking about as I don't even remember the name.

Actually I accepted you to Army yesterday when I found an application on the soc terminal... it seems you were invited by Avalon butterfly erupter and must have accepted.
As you were offline when I did the accept I sent you a Welcome message via the message centre, and went on to explain that new members should register at our forum and do an application form there.
This application form is neither long nor onerous, but does let us know a little about the new member such as skill level time spent in game as well as asking for confirmation they have read and agreed our soc rules. This helps us ensure they are in the correct soc within the NBK group, and also how much help/guidance they may need.

I was a little offended to find a fairly curt reply later in the day, saying you had been NBK(captain) and had no interest in the soc as we had turned into bookeepers.
I totally fail to see how our checking for and removing inactive players so that we have space for new members makes us 'bookeepers'.

I am also concerned that instead of speaking to me to establish the facts, you have tried to smear the good name of our soc. It may not have been the ideal soc for you, but it has worked well for hundreds of others.

Oh and by the way I am Granny Rowan, General of NBK Army.. the very person you said you hadn't spoken to.

p.s As for soc terminal updates.. these are and always have been a monthly ..not weekly requirement across all of the NBK.
We ask for dates in the format 28 July 2014 as there are not only differences in format between SA and Europe but at least a 3rd format in use out there. by asking for month as a word all becomes clear and less time is wasted.

So there is indeed a warning here for Entropians about the NBK.. we are an active soc, we want to stay an active soc, but we do ask a few minutes a month from every member to help us with keeping it thus.

Last edited:
I have invited by mistake before, and maximus accepted by mistake. We had a new (well known) member and neither of us new what happened lol

So yes it does happen

Rgds

Ace

PS we had a good laugh about it, there was no harm done!

Actually I accepted you to Army yesterday when I found an application on the soc terminal... it seems you were invited by Avalon butterfly erupter and must have accepted.
As you were offline when I did the accept I sent you a Welcome message via the message centre, and went on to explain that new members should register at our forum and do an application form there.
This application form is neither long nor onerous, but does let us know a little about the new member such as skill level time spent in game as well as asking for confirmation they have read and agreed our soc rules. This helps us ensure they are in the correct soc within the NBK group, and also how much help/guidance they may need.

I was a little offended to find a fairly curt reply later in the day, saying you had been NBK(captain) and had no interest in the soc as we had turned into bookeepers.
I totally fail to see how our checking for and removing inactive players so that we have space for new members makes us 'bookeepers'.

I am also concerned that instead of speaking to me to establish the facts, you have tried to smear the good name of our soc. It may not have been the ideal soc for you, but it has worked well for hundreds of others.

Oh and by the way I am Granny Rowan, General of NBK Army.. the very person you said you hadn't spoken to.

p.s As for soc terminal updates.. these are and always have been a monthly ..not weekly requirement across all of the NBK.
We ask for dates in the format 28 July 2014 as there are not only differences in format between SA and Europe but at least a 3rd format in use out there. by asking for month as a word all becomes clear and less time is wasted.

So there is indeed a warning here for Entropians about the NBK.. we are an active soc, we want to stay an active soc, but we do ask a few minutes a month from every member to help us with keeping it thus.

Granny I did not remember you from my previous membership in the NBK and didn't not notice your name when I replied because I was seeing red at the time. I beg to differ with you on the weekly updates and the date thing is the reason quit that very day. Moreover on the date thing I was not asked I was told that is how it was going to be, period.

Anyway having said all of that please read my post on my apology to the NBK.

Back