What do you think, one big deposit or several smaller ones.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I know, I know MA says that deposits have nothing to do with loot. However the guy that got the 300K+ stated he was a depositor and MA confirmed he was (as I recall but that doesn't matter for this discussion) so maybe it does have and maybe not. From what I read on the forum and some "I heard talk he was a fairly larger depoer from someone that knows him". Anyway makes no diff to my question.

So lets just say you have decided that you will put in 200 USD a month even it you don' really need to (ofc we are not saying you get an ATH). So do you think one 2400 USD for the year or 200 USD a month is better ? I made a larger depo to buy something and never saw squat from it BTW. Then I make a 100 USD depo and had a bit of luck it seemed. I have also tried a 300 USD depo just to see and it didn't seem to be much difference in the two. However, when making a 100 USD depo it seems to put a little pressure on a person to get something so you are not broke in 2 days:). If, you make a yearly depo and have 24000 ped, less the %ofc, I don't think you would feel the pressure as much and maybe play better if you are not worried about going broke in 2 or 3 days. I think the harder you try the worse it is, but that's just me. I have noticed that type of pressure when playing poker. When players are down on their lucky they take crazy chances to "Make it back" and just get further in the hole.

Anyway I would like to hear your experiences and thoughts.
TIA

I strongly believe that the perceived link of depo --> high loot is based on two elements:

1) Coincidence
2) Higher level of activity after the deposit, as players have the PED available

A company which links loots directly to deposits would be doing very dangerous business, as people would soon find out what deposit-schedule pays best loot. Furthermore, programming it in a way that it does not pay too much (resulting in a liquidity crunch) is way too difficult, and there is a much easier alternative: randomness (or "dynamic").

So just go for the $200 a month, and have fun doing it. Unless, of course, you intend to make a few big purchases, then just deposit what you need (and can afford to pay).

Find an amount you are comfortable with depoing and adapt activity to that bankroll. Having a cushion is crucial to react to market conditions that are dynamic. This way you can get best % MU when you sell stuff ( ride the waves get hight tide) or when you buy stuff. ( Catch the low tide. ) When you see that your cushion vanishes consider stepping down in activity to find out at which mobs you can raise your cushion together with your planned deposits. Take this as your baseline to plan your further activities.

I believe you have a threshold, of ped spent which takes into account how much you deposit.

So depositing larger means you hit the threshold sooner, but then the threshold is also bigger.

So whatever you do, big or small.

Makes no difference, what so ever.

( My own opinion )

Without debating whether deposits influence your returns, from a bankroll perspective I think its better to make one larger depo then making a smaller one each month.

A bigger one time depo lets you play for longer without having to worry about your money running out.

im 100% sure that deposit have nothing to do with loot or loot pool, from my personal experience. 10 years ago when i deposit quite alot, i didnt made any ped in the next 2 years when i still made deposits. Only after i start to learn and stay and hunt and work alot i start to take many hofs 6 or 7, more smaller, like 20k average, even one 27k or so,one in minign one in crafting,around 10 k these, one ath or two ,smaller one is out from ath lyst, big one is still there i think. So im extremly sure that deposits have nothing to do with the loot you take back. Deposits have to do only with gaining experience and put gear, skills on you. You need to concentrate on your job in game, hunting mining or crafting or what you do. This is my personal opinion from my experience.
Hofs will come only if you spend alot hunting minign etc.

Just depo what you need..
I've done 10k ped depo's in the past & can't say it lasted a month so...

What do you think, one big deposit or several smaller ones.

It depend what you want to do in EU.
If you want to play as an investor then deposit big and invest in LA's, deeds, rocks and similar and log off and wait that victims fullfill your pockets with taxes or other form of income.

But if you want to play EU for what EU is not and was also addvertised that is not and is more than what is not (we had several years of brain washing that is not a game and is more then a game each time we tryed to compare it to other games) - then patiently chose several smaller deposits as you need and work hard to pay various taxes and other income for investors.

+ One big might be better from purely financial perspective (transfer fees).
+ A big bankroll tends to give better ROI than the same amount on your bank account - provided u use it to get better gains from loot MU, buy stuff when it's low MU, not buy when it's high, etc

- Better chance u will waste it chasing HoFs.
- Big pedcard tends to make ppl lazy and careless.

U have to know yourself... ;)

One big depo, but dont use it to buy new gear, how tempting it may be to buy gear, a big bankroll is crucial to surviving the swings.

I strongly believe that the perceived link of depo --> high loot is based on two elements:

1) Coincidence
2) Higher level of activity after the deposit, as players have the PED available

A company which links loots directly to deposits would be doing very dangerous business, as people would soon find out what deposit-schedule pays best loot. Furthermore, programming it in a way that it does not pay too much (resulting in a liquidity crunch) is way too difficult, and there is a much easier alternative: randomness (or "dynamic").

So just go for the $200 a month, and have fun doing it. Unless, of course, you intend to make a few big purchases, then just deposit what you need (and can afford to pay).

I agree with both 1 and 2:). But I am also thinking more of the pressure aspect than those two.

I believe you have a threshold, of ped spent which takes into account how much you deposit.

So depositing larger means you hit the threshold sooner, but then the threshold is also bigger.

So whatever you do, big or small.

Makes no difference, what so ever.

( My own opinion )

Would you say the more you spend the more chances to win, right?

Without debating whether deposits influence your returns, from a bankroll perspective I think its better to make one larger depo then making a smaller one each month.

A bigger one time depo lets you play for longer without having to worry about your money running out.

I think that you basically agree with one of my premises, not as much pressure to succeed right away:).

One big depo, but dont use it to buy new gear, how tempting it may be to buy gear, a big bankroll is crucial to surviving the swings.

Agree with that. Have a buddy, not a big depoer, and if a gets a decent run or two or a big run he goes and buys something and wonders where his money goes:laugh:.

Good comments all. And I really don't think the depos has anything to do with loot, just superstition:).

I agree with both 1 and 2:). But I am also thinking more of the pressure aspect than those two.

Could you specify the "pressure aspect", I have no clue what it means...

The only two considerations I would be influenced by:

1. Is if there are bank fees involved during deposit.
2. Exchange rates.

If there are fees, then one big one.
If the exchange rate is bad currently then small one.

Generally when people deposit, they play longer that day. Time is a factor in loot, the more you do it the more chances of globals/hofs. :) I have found that activity for less than an hour is not as stable, regardless.

Could you specify the "pressure aspect", I have no clue what it means...

What I mean by pressure is when one is gambling, which this game mostly is IMO, and you are losing, particularly when you are low on funds, I see a lot of people play harder, foolishly if you will, to regain their losses. I have seen mates lose several 1000 ped and turn around and buy more just to lose that also and their thinking is "My luck has to change". They may hire a FAPer and hunt a mob that is above their level because they think it will give them more loot only to lose more. It may be better to take a break because you can not force your luck, it will change when it wants to not when you want it to. Hope that all makes sense.

If loot were directly related to deposits it would be too easy to exploit, Mindark would never design a loot system that way.

If you are a spontaneous person, choose an affordable amount to deposit every month and stick to it.

If you're the kind of person who plans and sticks to your plans meticulously, then get a good plan and deposit the whole amount at the beginning.

There is one other option the "Whenever I need it plan" which is not really a plan but maybe better than having a plan.

What I mean by pressure is when one is gambling, which this game mostly is IMO, and you are losing, particularly when you are low on funds, I see a lot of people play harder, foolishly if you will, to regain their losses. I have seen mates lose several 1000 ped and turn around and buy more just to lose that also and their thinking is "My luck has to change". They may hire a FAPer and hunt a mob that is above their level because they think it will give them more loot only to lose more. It may be better to take a break because you can not force your luck, it will change when it wants to not when you want it to. Hope that all makes sense.

Ah, I see your thoughts. I don't agree though, because I don't treat this game as gambling. I treat it as a game, with the RCE aspect adding *just* a bit of realness.

Ah, I see your thoughts. I don't agree though, because I don't treat this game as gambling. I treat it as a game, with the RCE aspect adding *just* a bit of realness.

I see. I don't think this is a pure form of gambling, like rolling dice, either because of the skill factor involved, as MA says. I think you do have some influence over the outcome when playing hence it is not really a pure gamble.

1) Coincidence

I'll second that.

For a players' loot return to be affected by the mere fact that he or she regularly deposits would be blatant imbalance and too easy to manipulate. Not hard to figure this one out and surely MA doesn't lack the intelligence to create such an obvious imbalance. This is just my speculation, as is everything in this thread. I can see how easy it would be to make that perception as Wollongong has already mentioned above.

Greater PED = Greater Opportunities
Greater Opportunities = Greater Risks
Greater Risks = Greater Rewards

Last edited:
Back