Too many spies...

Kitch

Prowler
Does anyone think there are too many people either "Incognito" or "Asleep", "Invisible" whatever? Why do people do it? I put myself as AFK if I am but that's it. Doesn't people think it's weird?

Also, can you message an incognito person who is in your fl? will they receive it? Is there a clear definition of what the 5 or so different status actually do differently?

I put myself invisible because people don't understand that I want to do other things than healing sometimes, and even get mad at me.

So I no longer try to explain and just play in incognito when I want to.

PS: You can PM "Invisible" players since they are online really, but I think you can't PM incognito ones and you get the "send a mail insted" popup.

Could they be using the Android app thing to be semi-logged in?

Sometimes you have one of those irl days that means all you need is time to chill out n play - thats whats incognito is for :) (and pirates i guess). :)

Ya but when someone is incognito it shows as incognito? Doesn't that defy the object of being incognito? Also what state is someone in when they are showing as offline and yet they are definitely online? Are they invisible?

I suppose this thread really is a bout my thinly veiled dissatisfaction with the new and still totally crap UI chat mess. :rolleyes:

There are a few people I know who are bugged. They are trying to show as online but it won't let them. They do not appear on the player register, and are offline on peoples friends list, even while they are standing right there infront of you! Highly annoying when trying to add to team etc.

So many not all of them are "spies" :)

Also what state is someone in when they are showing as offline and yet they are definitely online? Are they invisible?

They show as offline, but they can send and receive PMs normally.

Ya but when someone is incognito it shows as incognito? Doesn't that defy the object of being incognito? Also what state is someone in when they are showing as offline and yet they are definitely online? Are they invisible?

lol very good point :D

I would be willing to bet there is a strong relation of players who are drawn to this MMO, and anti-social tendencies overall.(despite the oxymoron) More so than other mmos.

Sometimes I feel like hiding myself, but don't use the feature because it doesn't hide your joins/quits, so it can look quite insulting for one's friends.

sometimes you just wanna play

tired after work
just check auction half asleep
chat with son in rl as he sitts besides me doing other stuff
running a soc but too tired to bother ; )
used to trade with ores and didnt want all customers send me pms as fast as i logged

there is many times one just wanna play and relax

Back