Recovery expectation?

Server issues - July 26
Entropia Universe had an unexpected production disturbance. It turned out that the root cause of the disturbance was hardware issues that resulted in failing servers. The failing hardware has now been removed. In the meantime we are running EU with reduced HW resources and that is the reason for the exceptional lag.
Replacement hardware is scheduled for delivery beginning of next week. With the new and more powerful servers installed, end next week at the latest, we should see a considerable improvement of the lag situation.
We are very sorry for this inconvenience and will get back to you when we have more information.

I just wanted to say I very much appreciate the direct and honest answer, not an optimal expectation, but it is what it is. That is frustrating, and at the same time, just may end up being a good upgrade.

Thanks again for the update.

I just wanted to say I very much appreciate the direct and honest answer, not an optimal expectation, but it is what it is. That is frustrating, and at the same time, just may end up being a good upgrade.

Thanks again for the update.
Agreed! :)

Anyone know if the migrations will be extended due to this downtime? I have an LT mission to complete and wanted to start on Eomon.

I just lost 250+ peds because of the lag + disconnect. Does anyone knows if i will ever get back those peds?

Last edited:
Yes, we will be upgrading the database infrastructure significantly which will hopefully make a lot of issues disappear.

Wasn't there a bunch of hardware upgrades done during a recent VU a few months ago?

I guess they failed under warranty .......

As far as I know, most business / mission critical hardware tend to have 3 hours to at most 24 hours response time / replacement. Unless of course you using desktops parts as part of your servers.

I understand that you may have to rebuild the software, especially your proprietary stuff. Although you may not have a hot spare running for all servers and network devices, I would expect that you have backups of your systems, configurations, etc.

Have you ever tested disaster recovery? Do you test this sort of scenarios so you know what to do and how long it takes?

For a company which is dependent on the net and servers and other associated devices and services, I will rate your servers and other devices used in the DC as mission critical. I hope you have a better plan then, oh crap! Who do we call? And running around like headless chickens trying to fix things.

Back