Question: Should a new payment option be introduced?

Many players such as myself are unable to deposit due to the country/region we currently live in. Would it not be more sensible for MA to at least somewhat cater to these players by introducing a new payment option?

Here some advisable other payment options:
  • Sexual Favors
  • Pubes
  • Cacti

Thanks,

Captain.

Many players such as myself are unable to deposit due to the country/region we currently live in.

Where do you live and in what way are you unable to deposit?

With the range of options available, at least one or two should be possible in most parts of the world? :scratch2:

Yes a new payment option should be introduced and it's called Bitcoin. From anywhere in the world, no cacti or pubes needed.

Yes a new payment option should be introduced and it's called Bitcoin. From anywhere in the world, no cacti or pubes needed.

I was actually about to suggest this. There are a lot of payment operators now that could really make this work and work very well for MA and the RCE. It would probably have to be a cash in option only though as there are too many problems with scammers using the cash out option

+10

Only for deposit obviously and without holding any on their sides.

Withdraw should only be paid back in Fiat.

I said it before, but the only fact that they would accept it would most likely produce a very good free marketing exposure, together with an increase of deposit.

And one interesting thing is that EU has always been seen as highly positive, and highly negative.

Eu is a tough game, based on real money, it's reputation is not that good generally, and it's not well known.

Now looking on cryptos and bitcoins these days, especially the last year.

It generated loads of positive as well as loads of negative.

Fears all around, and lovers.

What I am trying to say I guess, is that.. A real cash economy game such as EU, with a link to bitcoin, make me think it's especially very advantageous for MindArk as I see similarities between the two things.
And they would be the first ever real cash economy game, that also allows for a "virtual commodities" to be spent.

I also think that many people that do not know about EU, will prolly want to get a look at it.
And perhaps decide to play, invest, and diversify their assets aswell, which seems like only a good thing to me.

Without trying to use it, we can never know the impact of it.

The big question is "can it bring negative to MindArk" ?
I fail to see how, unless they do accept it, and some kind of taxes regulation come in sweden.
But then it will be just the same than holding USD/SWEDISH KRONOR / Insert whatever fiat.

So really...MindArk has always wanted to act as innovator, here is a good chance to ride a huge PR wave in my opinion only.

Ps: Today I had my first Bitcoin transaction from EU, where someone wanted PEDS for bitcoins worth 1000$ about.Just saying, so to me it was my first ever bitcoin link to EU.

Ps2: However, judging from servers capabilities inside EU lately, people should never put a cart in front of the horses, so there is some things to fix as usual in the first place I guess.

Last edited:
The only downside I can see, is that a small percentage of people are unfortunately retarded. I can imagine the threads and support cases now about people who sent the bitcoins to the wrong address or some other crap and expect MA to fix their mistake.

The only downside I can see, is that a small percentage of people are unfortunately retarded. I can imagine the threads and support cases now about people who sent the bitcoins to the wrong address or some other crap and expect MA to fix their mistake.

Those that would use them, would know how to use them for the most part.
Also, everyone do errors for sure.
It's not rocket science to copy / paste an adress and double check before spending.
So if that is one downside of it, i don't think it's a huge one.
What do you think Overstock or recently Dell (since Dell has been accepting bitcoins not long ago also)
would think ?
Odds that customers sent to wrong adress, is the law of probabilities and human mistakes,
Which when it comes to being your own banker by sending bitcoin just -have to happen-.

When you look at overstock turnover on bitcoin since they accepted it, it just had to happen,
And well.. guess that's life, there will be no mindark to change rule over something that way, unlike when it is possible to put an item in a trade terminal, that it takes 2 minuts to check out where, and when it happened.

Last edited:

+1 for Bitcoin

I forget the name but there was a payment provider out there that was running the most popular 8-10 cryptos for merchants for a 2% or so fee and just delivering the revenue to the merchants in fiat.

MA wouldn't really need to deal with the bitcoins themselves at all

I forget the name but there was a payment provider out there that was running the most popular 8-10 cryptos for merchants for a 2% or so fee and just delivering the revenue to the merchants in fiat.

MA wouldn't really need to deal with the bitcoins themselves at all

Coinbase charges a 1% plus $0.15 fee to convert bitcoins to a merchant’s local currency after the first $1,000,000 in sales (although getting paid in bitcoins is free).

Bitpay: Free Plan (0% fees). Premium plans start at $300/mo - mere peanuts when you think about the total volume in deposits MA gets every year.

Compare both of the above with credit card companies and other payment processors who charge, 3% and up to process transactions.

Bitcoin would just be another option to go along with the other various options already available. No one who didn't want to use it would be forced to use it. Those who would rather pay the higher fees that MA passes along to them when using a payment option other than bitcoin may happily continue to do so.

If they used bitcoins they'd no longer be able to advertise as a 'real money game' ;)

If they used bitcoins they'd no longer be able to advertise as a 'real money game' ;)

As long as you can cash in and out into USD with the other methods still that claim should still be fine. Also didn't the US high court rule that bitcoins were "real money"? isn't that what caused the price to surge from $120 to $1050 a while back?

Bitcoin IS real money.
As real as USD is.

Actually, it is more real than USD.

New york is also attempting to regulate bitcoin in abusive ways lately, and they will fail.
But those little thing between thousands proves that it is more than real, and that bankers are scared about it,
because they just can not control it.

This couldn't be more real ;)

I don't think bitcoin as a payment option will happen anytime soon(if at all) its a risky proposition for a company to support bitcoins as it stands right now, The infrastructure behind bitcoin is growing but it is by no means stable yet. For Mindark to dump money into building a payment process chain with bitcoin i think is a risk not worth taking, atleast not for the moment.

Most of the ideals bitcoin builds upon i agree with, do i think bitcoin is a good implementation of those ideals? no, not really.

Bitcoin is in a wierd place as its certainly not fiat currency but it is also not money(money as in the actual definition of money, fiat currency as in USD or EUR is not money either by the way) as it lacks the vital pillar "store of value" and one could even argue that it lacks a standard of deffered payment which is also needed.

Governments won't really be able to regulate bitcoin which means its either going to remain classified as a commodity and live or its going to be reclassified as legal tender and any hope that once was for bitcoin will be gone as no government will allow unregulated legal tender under the current system.

isn't that what caused the price to surge from $120 to $1050 a while back?

No, the IRS not the supreme court basically said that they regard it as property not money which means that its technically safe from most standard banking regulations for the moment, although transactions are taxed under capital gains and mining is taxed as income.

Edit: Maybe im mixing up two different market surges here, there was a federal judge who referenced bitcoin as currency when i come to think of it. Its worth noting that federal court isent the same as the supreme court though :).

Bitcoin IS real money.
As real as USD is.

Technically bitcoin is not money, neither is USD if we are using the actual definition of money and not fiat currency ;).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money

P.S. Was there ever a clarification of VAT tax on bitcoin? was a while since i looked into that.

Best regards
Zweshi

Last edited:
This thread is full of people who have accumulated some bitcoins and don't know what to do with them. Frankly, pubes appear to be a more reliable medium of exchange, especially those harvested at full moon :ahh:

On the other hand, I'm all in for MA to accept all possible forms of currency - wampum, bottle caps, cattle - as long as it goes to the pool and converts to US$ :thumbup:

This thread is full of people who have accumulated some bitcoins and don't know what to do with them. Frankly, pubes appear to be a more reliable medium of exchange, especially those harvested at full moon :ahh:

On the other hand, I'm all in for MA to accept all possible forms of currency - wampum, bottle caps, cattle - as long as it goes to the pool and converts to US$ :thumbup:

I wonder why giants like Dell with over 60 billion $ in annual sales did not think of pubes yet :D.

They are missing opportunities the dumb ass.

Whats the conversion rate between wampum and bottle caps? :scratch2:

I guess ma already pass the charges onto us currently for card transactions. If I want to depo $100, I get 984 ped. I then get a charge on my side too. So I pay £60.32 ($101.53 ish) for 984 ped. Essentially losing 31 ped in fees each time.

If there was an a cheaper ( and easy) way of depositing, id be all for it.

Edit - Not sexual favours! ;)

I guess ma already pass the charges onto us currently for card transactions. If I want to depo $100, I get 984 ped. I then get a charge on my side too. So I pay £60.32 ($101.53 ish) for 984 ped. Essentially losing 31 ped in fees each time.

If there was an a cheaper ( and easy) way of depositing, id be all for it.

Edit - Not sexual favours! ;)

What's your fee on bank transfers? They are very cheap in Europe.

£25 for an international transfer :(

What? In EU (or is that info under your avatar outdated?)? If so I think your bank is just rapping you. :eyecrazy:

...For Mindark to dump money into building a payment process chain with bitcoin i think is a risk not worth taking, atleast not for the moment...

Best regards
Zweshi

MA wouldn't need "to dump any money into bulilding a payment process chain with bitcoin." They would just need to use Coinbase or Bitpay or one of the other Bitcoin payment processors. It would be just as easy to set up as any other payment processor if not easier. I don't know the exact cost, but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be a money dump.

And there would be no risk to MA as far as the daily fluctuations of Bitcoin's price as whatever Bitcoin processor they were to use would convert BTC instantly into fiat which MA would receive and convert to ped.

That is to say, when someone deposits $1000 US worth of BTC to MA, the BTC payment processor would instantly lock that price for the transaction and convert it to whatever currency MA uses, ie - MA receives $1000 US for $1000 US deposited and no need to pass along any costs to the depositor.

...Frankly, pubes appear to be a more reliable medium of exchange, especially those harvested at full moon...
Great stuff! Hilarious! :thumbup:

Reminds me of an old quote way back when... "What do I need e-mail or internet for when I have a perfectly fine fax machine that takes care of all I could ever need?"

What? In EU (or is that info under your avatar outdated?)? If so I think your bank is just rapping you. :eyecrazy:

For a card payment its the . "For non-sterling (foreign currency) transactions we will charge a fee of 2.75% of the sterling amount of the transaction." Which is this I wrote previously -

I If I want to depo $100, I get 984 ped. I then get a charge on my side too. So I pay £60.32 ($101.53 ish) for 984 ped. Essentially losing 31 ped in fees each time.

What's your fee on bank transfers? They are very cheap in Europe.

But for an actual International bank transfer it would come under an ETF/chaps rather than a simple bacs/faster payment like we do in the UK to UK banks. So would cost £25 :( I guess I could open a more foreign friendly bank account to send money to MA, but its all a bit of a faff!

*Edited to add (Now you've got me reading the T&C's ;) ) - just found it I can now do it via SEPA, with just a £4 charge ;) Still more than the 30 ped Im losing via card payment though... and a faff ( id have to call the bank, chat with foreign services etc etc) that's not handy when I am usually depositing at 3am after a few glasses of wine ;)

Last edited:
For a card payment its the . "For non-sterling (foreign currency) transactions we will charge a fee of 2.75% of the sterling amount of the transaction." Which is this I wrote previously -

But for an actual International bank transfer it would come under an ETF/chaps rather than a simple bacs/faster payment like we do in the UK to UK banks. So would cost £25 :( I guess I could open a more foreign friendly bank account to send money to MA, but its all a bit of a faff!

*Edited to add (Now you've got me reading the T&C's ;) ) - just found it I can now do it via SEPA, with just a £4 charge ;) Still more than the 30 ped Im losing via card payment though... and a faff ( id have to call the bank, chat with foreign services etc etc) that's not handy when I am usually depositing at 3am after a few glasses of wine ;)

Deposit less frequent but in larger quantities and you'll save some ped on those fees with a bank transfer. :)

Deposit less frequent but in larger quantities and you'll save some ped on those fees with a bank transfer. :)

You are very correct in that, however, it leaves one assumption, that I have any self control over spending peds in Eu... :laugh:

I live in space so I cant buy more clothes :ahh:

I would really like to see more options with less fees. Apparently bank transfer has less fees, but takes awhile, and credit card is at a rate of 9.65 then my bank charges fees for international on top of that.

I think it would be pretty cool if I could go to the convenience store (or Fry's Electronics or Best Buy etc..) you know that section where they have "Game Gift Cards" to give you credit for the game that you play. Mindark should have a Game card that you can buy and it contains PED.. then you buy the card from the merchant, the merchant pays MA, and we enter the code in the game to redeem for PEDS.

It's a brilliant idea.
Wouldn't be surprised is MA took this post right here seriously and moved to implementation with this.:yup:

Just pass a few hofs my way for the idea XD

I would really like to see more options with less fees. Apparently bank transfer has less fees, but takes awhile, and credit card is at a rate of 9.65 then my bank charges fees for international on top of that.

I think it would be pretty cool if I could go to the convenience store (or Fry's Electronics or Best Buy etc..) you know that section where they have "Game Gift Cards" to give you credit for the game that you play. Mindark should have a Game card that you can buy and it contains PED.. then you buy the card from the merchant, the merchant pays MA, and we enter the code in the game to redeem for PEDS.

It's a brilliant idea.
Wouldn't be surprised is MA took this post right here seriously and moved to implementation with this.:yup:

But it is costly to create some gaming cards, to deliver it to merchants and then a merchant want a cut..
So such thing don't add much benefits from what we got right now (actually it add no benefits at all ,only ped sink for trying to implement that, apart from a card labeled entropia that -could help marketing wise- but seems pointless)

Regarding bitcoins, the whole points of bitcoins is to allow one to be his own banker, to be able to send money anywhere in a fast way, and it is tax free about, that's why it's very convenient also.

It should not cost much money to implement a payment processor using it since it's supposed to be a -better way- to use bitcoins over about any system, if we put volatility from prices of bitcoins aside, which is irelevant for what has been said.

It should not cost much money to implement a payment processor using it since it's supposed to be a -better way- to use bitcoins over about any system, if we put volatility from prices of bitcoins aside, which is irelevant for what has been said.

True, and as for volatility, Bitcoin has been very stable lately, hovering between $500-600.

It's a brilliant idea.

When u buy gaming cards which provide $x value to you, the gaming company pays for the cost of creation/delivery of the card because once you have used the value there is no liability on the gaming company for the $'s. In short, $10 card would cost say $1 all inclusive and the company considers the value from the client as nett $9 although thats an internal valuation.

In terms of Eu that is not possible as you see the direct cost of conversion when u convert from $10 to 100 peds. That 100 peds becomes a liability to MA and can be withdrawn at any point and as such the cost of creation/distribution of such cards cannot be at MA's expensive..

You will need to wait for the HOF's a bit ;)

Bit coins is a very real possibility that MA needs to explore and there are easy ways of making it happen through existing infrastructure. One of the many options would be to allow ingame banks to allow bitcoin transactions with MA as mediator. Many such solutions can be done if MA does not want to be doing the trading in bitcoins themselves as there can be financial implications of those at MA's end..

Back