FYI: Watch out for summons please

Status

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Yes, it's back. And they target the weakest part of the population of course, the poor newbies.

In short: Summons are being sent to players hoping to loot them in space. In particular the danger zones are:

1. The noob rig.
  2. Camp icarus.
  3. The Migration spawn areas.

Please, give a warning to everyone in your soc to not accept the summon. << I will remove this part until we have more info >>

As soon as I know the name of the ship I'll post here again.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Interesting.

The avatar <name removed> apparently owns a pathfinder, and has so for around 1 year, lying pretty much dormant -afaik.

Could well be an alt of some well known pirates, now having off loaded their MS, wanting to play again. Could be a new band of pirates, trying some old tricks. Could all be related to some other recent space items worthy of discussion.

Or could have been a genuine mistake. Although from what you are saying that doesn't add up.

Either way, nice work with the heads up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Support cases with screen shots need to be sent ASAP

if it would be me i would send out a message to all that own ship and if they someone to loot them MA should tt there ships

i cant see why this is still not fix

the posibelity to rob someone out of there own money whit out them knowing

The idiots that do this kind of thing should be banned permanently.

Especially that everyone who witnessed it last year could have assumed what would happen during next mindark vacation time if the previous people involved in this would get away with it - which they kinda did...
Better expect the same for 2015 vacation times if noone cares to fix things and put a stop to alternate avatars and anonymousity during registration.

Alternately - dodge summons and make all ships aproach a planetary spaceport for boarding, this would also fix a part issue of the scam.
But as long as unknown people can offer secure transports through lootable pvp without the customers getting a clear notification about the survivabilty record of the respective ships there will always be potential for fraud.

Last edited:
Or could have been a genuine mistake. Although from what you are saying that doesn't add up.

I think it's pretty clear it was not a mistake. The guy that got summoned from my soc is a newbie that started like a week ago or something, he was at the noob rig when he was summoned and thought it was a trade request, so he accepted it.

H4mmer also got a summon request seconds after his 5k HOF on eomon (I know because he was streaming), so it is clear the pirates are trying really hard to steal from people that will probably carry something on them.

What I hate the most is that they target the newbies at noobrig/icarus/pa, because they don't know what's going on and most of them will leave the game forever if they are robbed.

And MA still doesn't care.

I think it's pretty clear it was not a mistake. The guy that got summoned from my soc is a newbie that started like a week ago or something, he was at the noob rig when he was summoned and thought it was a trade request, so he accepted it.

H4mmer also got a summon request seconds after his 5k HOF on eomon (I know because he was streaming), so it is clear the pirates are trying really hard to steal from people that will probably carry something on them.

What I hate the most is that they target the newbies at noobrig/icarus/pa, because they don't know what's going on and most of them will leave the game forever if they are robbed.

And MA still doesn't care.

Well clarified thank you :)

Maybe they're doing it to take attention away from Goldy's bid on the stable.

Especially that everyone who witnessed it last year could have assumed what would happen during next mindark vacation time if the previous people involved in this would get away with it - which they kinda did...

Beet me to it, it's vacation time at MA so let the scams begin!!!

I personally know this ship owner and they are not a pirate. She only does summons when she has people to come up to the ship (also known as customers and crew requesting the summons). Perhaps she should be more diligent and kick people from her GL, but that can be a huge pain with the current way the GL is set up and also a pain for repeat customers.

Perhaps a little research when an accidental summons is taken before jumping to the conclusion of pirate would be a good idea for situations like this.

I don't know about the others, but the few people I've asked never booked any service with her/him. That includes a couple of complete newbies who never touched space until today.

Anyway, whatever is the case with this particular owner, just be careful with those summons. It's that time of the year you know...

If the impossible happens and this is a mistake I offer my sincere apologies.

Pity its a privateer, if it was a MS we should all accept summons, spawn our quads and let the battle ensue!

Or.. even with it being a pirvateer, it may be possible for a few of the bigger ships to intercept it if it tries again, would take some pretty precises timing and locations mind you..

I am just thinking if MA cant act, maybe the players can. I am all for turning my gun on scammers if that is the case :handgun:

Last edited:
What a shame no-one checks the facts

<name removed> provides a very efficient VIP service. She is not and never has been a pirate or scammer. She is however a new avatar if scanned because her interest is and always has been space which she was introduced to by a friend.

What all users of warp services must understand is that unless they remove themselves from the ships guest list, or request that they are removed specifically by an owner then they remain on the list.
They will then receive a summon each and every time that one is sent by the ship, if they are on the nearest Planet or spacestation. This is because MA have not in any way enabled owners to be selective in a summon. It is a case of everyone or no-one.

The responsibility therefore lies with the avatar receiving the summon to check what it is (Trade / Friend request /Summon) and who it is from, before they accept.

Please do not blame the owner because of your own failings or MA's failings.

It is also my understanding that the mistake was quickly realised and the avatar was given a free lift back to planet by Frye at his own expense. They therefore incurred no expense or untoward risk.

I am shocked and disappointed at the names I see in this post who have jumped on the bandwagon and talked of banning and scamming etc without first establishing their facts. Many of you know better as you are involved in operating ships yourselves.

<name removed> provides a very efficient VIP service. She is not and never has been a pirate or scammer. She is however a new avatar if scanned because her interest is and always has been space which she was introduced to by a friend.

So a mere hapless set of coincidences perhaps?

It is unfortunate that such a scam had been elaborated in the past, and hence forth all suspicious summons are treated with contempt.

Fortunately however, we live in a community where dialogue is possible, and we have mediums such as this for cautions to be noted in case of real danger, and facts to be clarified. Thank you for the further clarification Granny.

On a side note, it is also good house keeping to clear ones guest list of non travellers/crew from time to time. Sure it takes a little bit of effort, but not only does it avoid this problem, of those who were genuinely unaware, but also so other are not spammed with summons continually. But I am sure you have already advised <name removed> of that. :)

So a mere hapless set of coincidences perhaps?

It is unfortunate that such a scam had been elaborated in the past, and hence forth all suspicious summons are treated with contempt.

Fortunately however, we live in a community where dialogue is possible, and we have mediums such as this for cautions to be noted in case of real danger, and facts to be clarified. Thank you for the further clarification Granny.

Yes we do, so let us always accuse first before researching. How about we just perm ban everyone who has ever hit the summons button because they could be a scammer. (PLEASE NOTE MAJOR SARCASM).

Sounds more like a witch hunt to me. Not all of the facts were presented, as the OP never mentioned that the person that took the incorrect summons was brought back down to the planet at frye's expense.

Had that been mentioned, I don't think anyone would be crying scammer, which by the way is against the forum rules.

I know as a community we are fantastic at looking out for each other. But when a false accusation is made, it can only serve to hurt someone's reputation, and in a game like this, reputation is everything.

I have personally flown with <name removed> many times, she's a kind and honest and imo way too polite (I hate being called ma'am lol)

I'm just a 7 year old noob in this game, but I will vouch for her not being a scammer, pirate, or badly dressed :)

removed as duplicated

Last edited:
Moderator please remove this thread.

2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of scamming that name specific real-world persons, Entropia Universe avatars or PlanetCalypsoForum.com members are NOT permitted. Providing other identifying information about accused persons or avatars is also not permitted, such as but not limited to: society names, nicknames, owned gear, equipment, estates, etc. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread:

While I note that the OP has now temp removed the name of the avatar he/she accused. It was too little too late as others myself included have used the name in our posts. Since this is a wholly unfair accusation .. no scam and no piracy has taken place and indeed efforts were made to correct the situation at the expense of other members of the EFA.

Yes, it's back. And they target the weakest part of the population of course, the poor newbies.

In short: Summons are being sent to players hoping to loot them in space. In particular the danger zones are:

1. The noob rig.
  2. Camp icarus.
  3. The Migration spawn areas.

Please, give a warning to everyone in your soc to not accept the summon. The summons are being sent by <name removed> right now, which of course is a fresh new avatar (what a coincidence...).

As soon as I know the name of the ship I'll post here again.

Good luck.

LOL stop the drama and slandering people name without facts.

<name removed> is my pilot that work for me for over 1 year. She have a customer that called her for VIP warp flight so she did the summon for this customer and came out of the blue this guy accept her summon which were not the customer that wanted the VIP warp. So she waited for him to exit the ship safely and then looks for his name to remove him from the ship guest list, she spent 30 minutes looking for his name and still didn't find him on the guest list, hope he removed himself from her ship guest list and hope not another space bug. When she asked him did he removed himself, didn't get an answer from him.

-The avatar that accept the summon were a prior customer of her.
-At no time did she move the ship out of safe space.
-When I got the info, I went to Calypso Space Station and took him safely back to planet without expensive to this avatar.

If you still have questions, feel free to PM in game or post it here.

If that is the case I offer my sincere apology like I said in post #13. I also removed her name by the time of that post, even tho I never accused anybody of scamming, just sending summons.

You might want to edit your quote to remove the name too.

Some things still aren't very clear in my mind.

EDIT: I just noticed you registered today and this is your very first post, very nice.

Have been flying with <name removed> many times and never any problems. Good vip warps :wtg:

Wait, what happens on summon?? They try to kill me if I board the ship??? That cant liot w/o killing??

So say me and 4 friends can put on some PK gear and enjoy ourselfs??? :)

Wait, what happens on summon?? They try to kill me if I board the ship??? That cant liot w/o killing??

So say me and 4 friends can put on some PK gear and enjoy ourselfs??? :)

The pirate scam was to summon unsuspecting players onto a ship, with the ship a fraction off dead, on the border with pvp. When they spawned on board, the pilot would fly out, and the team would destroy the ship, leaving the poor unsuspecting passengers floating around with 10% health ( as is in space). A few shots later, and it was one of the scams of the year.

Op thought it was happening all over again, Hence the warning, being the right time of year and all. Which is he duly entitled to do.

However it has transpired to be a mistake of the summoner, in poor house keeping, and thankfully the scam, as it seems, is not being repeated.

The items prior to the personal flaming point to a genuine mistake, and hopefully the end of the matter. As such scams are both serious in terms of participant leaving our game, and pirates tipping the balance just that smidge too much in their favour using pre existing game mechanics. In the last round of this scam, the pirates directly involved were punished to a degree, but whether that was proportionate or not is another question.

@Alainax,

Since this appears to be a mistake I will say sorry for the third time, I have no problem admitting I was wrong. The explanation that the pilot summoned EVERYONE just for a VIP flight never came to my mind to be completely honest.

im_so_confused.jpg

:scratch2: So is there a problem or not?

I did this suggestion to simply give us the option to DISABLE the summons.
This would have removed once for all, all possibilities of mistakes, people being summoned by error to be stolen in other words to be scammed. Scammed in an already scam feature, lootable space.

Everyday i'm annoyed by summons, that i "IGNOR", but if the ignor option is bugged, and i'm effectively summoned, ,the support dpt will give me the usual hypocrit answer, saying their policy do not refund people... (this is mindark).

disable_summon_option.jpg

But no, Mindark decided to show to us their vision of the subject by encouraging troubles.
Nothing new.
And all this for what ? pay the stupid tp fee of 7 peds... this is really low...

It seems they prefer new players to be immediately disgusted, and advertise the game saying, don't go there, loots are pure shit with all misses, mobs appear on your head with disgusting ninja respawns, and you get ripped off / scammed in many ways, so avoid this game...

/mod note/
Looks like a lot of angst and speculation over someone accidentally accepting a summons to space, despite them being returned safe and unharmed to the planet.

I'll remove the name of the shipowner from the posts, as making accusations of scamming and fraud against someone isn't permitted here. Particularly when the accusations turn out to be incorrect.

I'll also remove what appears to be personal issues.

Given that this seems to have been a storm in a teacup on this occasion, I'll close this thread.
If you want to discuss potential changes to the summoning feature generally, please make a new thread in the appropriate forum.

:locked:

Status
Back