Lag explanation?

delver

Mature
James Tinker Delver
I am on a limited gigabyte plan. this week I found out I have used 6 gigabytes over my 10 for the month. I have all the planets but calypso unchecked in my dynamic content download folder. Last night I noticed that all the unchecked planets are being downloaded. For example Arkadia went from 85% to 92% complete. Today I am back to 85% complete. So I keep DLing content when I play and it is not saved . This has cost me a extra $90 so far this month in overage charges and I still need to DL 6 more GBs. I wonder if MAs bandwith is being used by everyone DL unwanted content ?

My friend I bet with you more then 75% of this entire forum dont have limit on downloads per month :D

True MJ, but if everyone does not have the whole game downloaded because they don't have those areas checked, then large amounts of MAs bandwith is being used to do so. I live far from a city and can only use a phone as a modem. It sucks, but beats dial up.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to find some open wlan in the city and download the content there? You can transfer the files from the laptop/computer you download them on and into your desktop later.

Me and a friend tested the data use of playing entropia once all content is downloaded and both of us had so small numbers that on a dataplan like yours it's nothing you even have to calc in. Refreshing your favourite newspaper once every 30min would use more data then entropia does in 1hour.

Yes for VU I go into town and DL at a coffee shop wifi. I was able to play for years on dial up, but the VUs took nearly a week to DL.

Come to my home if you want i can offer u 68MB/s bandwich max 5mb per second on downloads.
But this is nothing few of them have much more...

Just move the place where you leave and start to play Entropia as a professional...
Good luck out there...

I am not able to download the game :( The download page doesnt work

I am still downloading about 200 megabytes of unwanted and un saveable per hour of planet content I do not want. How can I turn this off? Everything but planet Calypso is unchecked. This is costing me $15 a day.

I don't have any limits but my router logs all usage and Entropia rarely uses more than 50 mbytes a hour (I'm on 80/40 mbit fiber), often less. Not counting VUs, of course, and I have all content downloaded.

I am still downloading about 200 megabytes of unwanted and un saveable per hour of planet content I do not want. How can I turn this off? Everything but planet Calypso is unchecked. This is costing me $15 a day.
Here's how it looks like for me:
dyncontent.jpg

Unchecked items are rarely 0% - there's some shared content etc. So, this is normal.

U saying those numbers on unchecked planets/areas are growing, and that later they get back to what they were before? That sounds really really strange.
If u right, then yes, you have found a huge bug the main reason for this whole lag issue and whatnot... Regretfully, the chances this is the case are pretty close to zero.
Nevertheless, i would make a support case, put in as many facts, numbers, screenshots i could and see what they will say about this.

Lag explanation

The first image shows all planets unchecked just before I logged in.

The second one shows how much was downloaded during 3 hours of play.

The third shows all new content was gone when I went to relogged in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Failed at image inserting :(

/mod note/ I've fixed the links - hopefully they were loaded to the Gallery in the same order that you wanted them displayed.
Also merged the new thread today with the earlier one on the same topic.

Last edited:
The first image shows all planets unchecked just before I logged in.

The second one shows how much was downloaded during 3 hours of play.

The third shows all new content was gone when I went to relogged in.

OK, i can see the percentages changing. I can also see that Megabytes "left to download" never changes.
Again, 2 possibilities: either the "left to download" is bugged or the percentage. Common sense seems to suggest, if u have 321Mb to download that's more like a solid data and the percentage might be calculated wrong sometimes.
But, it doesn't have to follow the common sense always and something in there is definitely bugged.

Make a support case and tell us too what they said, when u get a response!

Back