ATH: #2 ATH ever. Shared loot!

i whish i was there hehe but well, Rly cool ATH - made many ppl happy :)

Thanks very much! I thought you were on-line for it - I'm confused about that - but anyhow.
I really appreciate your feedback and some tips. I almost always go to shared loot events cause I think it's mad fun. One point I should take from this is that - I wasn't having fun on this one. If I take what you are saying to heart - then I shouldn't stay or go at all and I'd be fine. (if i'm not having fun)
I also have done a strategy similar to what you described above for an Oratan attack. I'd notice when it seemed like a bigger one was coming and "amp" up or when it seemed bad I'd attack as Slasher and got some nice globals, or just shoot with my small gun or something. This event seems much harder to tell at least - it takes so dang long to kill every mob - and I think that is part of the problem as far as perception.
Maybe because this is the first time I've experienced it like this - I can try to not care in the future like you said. As I wrote in my post - I didn't spend nearly as much as other people - so I know my $ reasons are less than others.
My experience in game told me something wasn't right.

positives: I got level up in dodge and evader while there! I played with LB and Taco. I talked to Ark Team.

;)

np :)

And yeah I worded that sentence badly, and fixed it. I meant "when it occurred (big loots) in the past when I was offline..." I was in fact there for this current one :)

SO true...it was really luck and consequences...most of my ped is tied up in loot I have to auction in the future. And is also part of a bigger future plan...so when I saw the news about the event, I determined my ped wasn't enough to participate it in the way I need to do in shared events to make it worthwhile (see my reply to felth on this page) and also figured it would be a ctd fest with the server problems...Basically I had only like 1k free peds on ark. However, right before the event, I sold a coat for +1500 on au, and a bunch of other auctions were bought out just before that...pure luck. Having almost 5k ped freed up, I decided to participate. But it was the one player that wanted the coat that pushed me over the edge and made me decide to participate :D I cancelled some plans for a short road trip with some guys, and decided to hit the event. Glad I did. Total was over 20k ped profit on the event, so if I hadn't done that, I would be nursing a hangover and a $500 bar tab for a weekend that I probably wouldn't have even gotten laid during, much less remember. This was one of my few good decisions :)

Nice story...smiles.

Rick

oh my god, I missed the ATH by being lazy. I decided to give up on shares but felt that an unl gun or a big one is comming... damnit

huge gratz to you guys

Actually pretty cool to see so many people sharing in a big drop like this. I wasn't there, but GZ to all those who got a piece!

Back