ATH: #2 ATH ever. Shared loot!

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
Figured I'd start a thread for this one. I am sure many people are itching to blame their bad loot on something :)

We had been grinding all weekend.

Lunch got tired of pulling (cuz he had been doing it like 12 hours straight) so kintradum crux took over...and kc even joked to not blame him if the loot was bad.

Few minutes later:

Yes I know I overestimated the amount i got a bit due to my excitement :)

You seem to be very lucky lately! I want to do a teamhunt with you! :eyecrazy:

gratz!

while analyzing what happened i noticed a few interesting things:

attachment.php

big thanks again to the horny guy behind my chatwindow, and to everyone who made this possible!

:wtg: :smoke: :yay:

gz guys nice one :D

OMG, this is the best of ATH of all, million gratz to those that got it :)

while analyzing what happened i noticed a few interesting things:

attachment.php

big thanks again to the horny guy behind my chatwindow, and to everyone who made this possible!

:wtg: :smoke: :yay:

Yeah man, that weird mob we saw that I killed....what was it? The mystery! I love it!

Really jealous not my sorta time zone though :( any items drop from that???

Massive gz though.

I agree, this is a great ATH. A lot of happy players. Wish I was there :). Gz to all of you.

Big gratz!!!! :yay:

Congratulations!!!

:jawdrop:

We need comics on Smugglers too... Gz :)

Congratulations to all of you:woot:

well god damn :)) eomon people ain't gonna be happy :))

Team loots $7100 in real money on Planet Calypso
[SIZE=-1]Gamasutra[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Large loots such as this one do not affect other players' chances, and thus are always possible within the Entropia Universe system. All team efforts are shared with those showing the most skill, whether its doing the most damage or healing their ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=du-8wbbvMvQ-NwM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

A little low for such a big planet? Ark dropped 194k like it was nothing :)

Big gratz guys, and Good Going Arkadia, thanks for giving back to the dedicated community.

Keep up the good work , you might even get one or two haters for celebrity status :cool:

awesome ath
grats everyone involved !

sweet, gz taco and to all who got a piece :)

Yep , I have to be one of the haters - I am sorry. Let me say first - I like you all - especially Taco and Lunchbox and few others there I can't think of off hand. I have nothing against the players and do not want you to mistake my frustration for jealously. I am happy that many people experienced that and got a fatty loot.
BUUUUtTTTTT that being said:

I am angry - and after almost 24 hours have cooled somewhat. I'm angry mostly with MA and partially with Arkadia Team. I KNOW Arkadia team does not control loot - they are however responsible for this event - so they are involved. I am angry at the extreme loot swings. I thought loot was supposed to be more balanced now. I guess that is wrong. At one point over 10 hours had gone by with what I think was no loot over 800 or 900 peds. Once I discovered the loot on Entropia Life I felt a knot in my stomach - seriously. Did I expect to see a big loot..? YES But the 2nd biggest of all time - OMG. What I am upset about is the HUGE swings in loot. Someone said it perfectly in that - so for 10 hours (or more) loot was set to 1 on the "dial" and then all of a sudden for 10 minutes it was cranked to 1000? That is pretty much the definition of instability. A large mob such as that SHOULD produce a huge loot like this. But what happened seemed to be at the expense of all others that had hunted there. Hours and hours went by with complete loss and devastation of players cards. One can say all they want about theories and how loot works, or how big mob/shared mob hunting works. Point is this is pure instability. If anyone thinks this isn't a "FU if you weren't there!!!" then please share with me how you feel that way. If it can produce something this big... where are more of the sizes in-between? I know there was a 31k some 11k and others. But why for almost half a day nothing over 1k or 2k for that matter?

ArkTeam - to their credit spent time and effort to reset the servers. Even they recognized something wasn't right. Loot slightly improved after they did, but just a little - and more like "back to normal" as it should have been.

For my part: I spent several hours way into the night and did all I could. I came back the next morning and hunted for long time. I TTed stuff that had MU to keep going - I had almost no weapon left. I even deposited more for ammo. There were no more guns for me to really use on Ark so I flew to Calypso - not intending to return anyhow. I then went out to see a movie and returned to discover the ATH size. Make it known - I did not spend nearly as much as others did or have. I spent as much time and $ as I could. I honestly had not lost that much ped in that amount of time in as long as I can remember. I logged back in to just see what's up. I was left feeling hopeless. I felt like "what is the point". The point and MY point isn't to get tons of loot, it isn't to get rich or make a profit. Believe me when I say this. When I deposit I expect fully that that money is totally gone. I just don't think I should be left feeling !!!!!, angry, and all around upset.

So - I fully expect some hate for my comments as well. That is fair - I am trying to be as tactful and respectful as I can. I honestly feel like if I saw an ATH of 80k or something I wouldn't feel the same. It is the fact that loot was soooo bad and then the 2nd largest loot ever drops. Something is not right there. I also know some people agree with me. I only want enjoyment for myself and all players. We have been saying here and I hear in game that people rather see 100 happy people than 10 happy people. I thought MA responded with changing loots - and I know some people didn't like that either. You can't make all people happy all the time - and that is acceptable. I am just left feeling bad - I just want to feel better and have some faith and hope restored.
I will be depositing again today to finish my LT mission, and strive to take a break from game after that.

Please know - I wish everyone the best. I am not trying to rain on your parade -I just wanted to be heard. I am happy for those that got a big loot! I wish that for everyone. Good hunting all! Congrats Taco!

Um Taco.. Can you be in my team? :ahh::laugh:

Super cool, gz! :D

Yep , I have to be one of the haters - I am sorry. Let me say first - I like you all - especially Taco and Lunchbox and few others there I can't think of off hand. I have nothing against the players and do not want you to mistake my frustration for jealously. I am happy that many people experienced that and got a fatty loot.

I am angry - and after almost 24 hours have cooled somewhat. I'm angry mostly with MA and partially with Arkadia Team. I KNOW Arkadia team does not control loot - they are however responsible for this event - so they are involved. I am angry at the extreme loot swings. I thought loot was supposed to be more balanced now. I guess that is wrong. At one point over 10 hours had gone by with what I think was no loot over 800 or 900 peds. Once I discovered the loot on Entropia Life I felt a knot in my stomach - seriously. Did I expect to see a big loot..? YES But the 2nd biggest of all time - OMG. What I am upset about is the HUGE swings in loot. Someone said it perfectly in that - so for 10 hours (or more) loot was set to 1 on the "dial" and then all of a sudden for 10 minutes it was cranked to 1000? That is pretty much the definition of instability. A large mob such as that SHOULD produce a huge loot like this. But what happened seemed to be at the expense of all others that had hunted there. Hours and hours went by with complete loss and devastation of players cards. One can say all they want about theories and how loot works, or how big mob/shared mob hunting works. Point is this is pure instability. If anyone thinks this isn't a "FU if you weren't there!!!" then please share with me how you feel that way. If it can produce something this big... where are more of the sizes in-between? I know there was a 31k some 11k and others. But why for almost half a day nothing over 1k or 2k for that matter?

ArkTeam - to their credit spent time and effort to reset the servers. Even they recognized something wasn't right. Loot slightly improved after they did, but just a little - and more like "back to normal" as it should have been.

For my part: I spent several hours way into the night and did all I could. I came back the next morning and hunted for long time. I TTed stuff that had MU to keep going - I had almost no weapon left. I even deposited more for ammo. There were no more guns for me to really use on Ark so I flew to Calypso - not intending to return anyhow. I then went out to see a movie and returned to discover the ATH size. Make it known - I did not spend nearly as much as others did or have. I spent as much time and $ as I could. I honestly had not lost that much ped in that amount of time in as long as I can remember. I logged back in to just see what's up. I was left feeling hopeless. I felt like "what is the point". The point and MY point isn't to get tons of loot, it isn't to get rich or make a profit. Believe me when I say this. When I deposit I expect fully that that money is totally gone. I just don't think I should be left feeling !!!!!, angry, and all around upset.

So - I fully expect some hate for my comments as well. That is fair - I am trying to be as tactful and respectful as I can. I honestly feel like if I saw an ATH of 80k or something I wouldn't feel the same. It is the fact that loot was soooo bad and then the 2nd largest loot ever drops. Something is not right there. I also know some people agree with me. I only want enjoyment for myself and all players. We have been saying here and I hear in game that people rather see 100 happy people than 10 happy people. I thought MA responded with changing loots - and I know some people didn't like that either. You can't make all people happy all the time - and that is acceptable. I am just left feeling bad - I just want to feel better and have some faith and hope restored.
I will be depositing again today to finish my LT mission, and strive to take a break from game after that.

Please know - I wish everyone the best. I am not trying to rain on your parade -I just wanted to be heard. I am happy for those that got a big loot! I wish that for everyone. Good hunting all! Congrats Taco!

Couple problems with your wall of text. You must first understand how loot works, then you can complain about it.

MK droids are hundreds of ped to kill, up to around 1000-1500 for an MK5. If one got a nice size multiplier 1000x on say the MK5, barring regen, we could be looking at a 1,500,000ped loot. In the scenario of this MK2, I believe they are around ~300ped.. (going by memory) and if so.. we are looking at a 500-750x which happens. So in short, with bigger and bigger shared loot mobs (like immortal), we will see more of these in the future. Loot is not paid in arrears either. So, if you think the 194K is why your returns are crap, then you are dealing with perception bias. I've dealt with 8 people complaining to me in PMs the last couple of days about loot returns. When I ask what their setup is or what they are crafting, I want to smack them in the head.

Btw, that 3600 you got on my LA a few days ago was around a 500-750x multiplier (depending on your kill rate/regen). So, basically you got the same thing they did, the difference is that they shot a lot more into a mob that gave that multiplier.

Take this time, post-rage, to have a long, hard look into what you are doing in this game and determine if the math is for you or against you.

Superb massive gratz

If there's something I've always liked about EU it's 'consequence'. The action of luck on something else, gives you the ability to do something that possibly creates another opportunity.

If it wasn't for your fat eomon maybe you wouldn't have been there and hunted so heavy. That is EU to a tee really, and that makes me happy. Because that's how it should be.

Wasn't there myself, as we all have our own EU plans, so I'm saving at moment myself. There will always be other loots.

Maybe MA were hoping for another awesome video to go with that, is there one?

Anyhow super duper massive gratz to you all, enjoy those peds.

What will the game make you do now!!!!!!

Rick

No offense taken :) Trust me, when big loots occurred in the past when I was offline, I have felt a bit of rage, and most of all, a broken heart, knowing how much I grind shared loot, and how much I love shared events in general.

In the time before the last event at Solfais, I began learning exactly what I need to do at these events in order to maximize my return. At Solfais, I finally was experienced in shared loot enough to make my understanding of shared loot profitable.

I have been part of 6 ATH's at shared loot (not counting the one with Stig). Obviously, during those ATH's, profit was no problem. Other times, I have woken up to look at the HoF list and been so broken-hearted that I wanted to leave the game forever. It has happened so much, that I am simply numb to it now, and understand it happens, and feel no emotion anymore when I see I missed something big. It happens. People for years now say "omg taco, you missed such-and such" when I am in TS or via PM...which infuriates me, because NO, I DIDN'T MISS SHIT!!! I was not on, I didn't miss anything. It was not mine to get! The only mob that owes me is the one I shoot at. Once I understood this, the broken-hearts stopped. The first rule of shared club is you CANNOT care about the loots that occur when you are off-line.

The key to withstanding ALL the other times I have spent at shared loot (minimizing losses, breaking even) is many-fold. You HAVE to establish your parameters (time available, and free ped available). You need be there constantly, shooting. You need to see the waves. You need to back off dps when you see the low loot wave...you need to max dps when you see the hot wave, or when your avatar is on an item wave. You have to figure our how long you ped will last and use the average dps that will make it last the WHOLE event (when I do this, I allow for roughly 50% of my loot to be tt-able, therefore allowing more time to shoot, but you must balance this, because you can't tt everything) You need to save your mu loots and not sell right after the event. You need to see if the small shit mobs surrounding the bosses are on a global streak, and increase dps on those. You need to be there every waking hour that you can. You need to have portable tt and repair. Never once, since solfais, did I miss a mob when I was in shared loot shooting, because I had to repair. Before the portables, if I knew I had to repair, I would go to the outpost when the current mob was at 20% hp, and I would be out of the outpost shooting when the next boss was at 80% hp, insuring that I still did my share of damage on each mob. I don't miss mobs during the time I want to shoot, and when I am done, I walk away and log out.

The main key, however, is that you need to determine the right dps, one that allows you to shoot the ENTIRE time that you can be online during the event, and NOT burn all your available ped in a few hours. Yes, if you are there a short time, you might get hella lucky, but you also might lose hella bad. Short bursts of shooting with limited ped on massive HP mobs is the biggest gamble there is in this game. Period. Treating it like I have explained above is the only way that you don't go home empty handed. Massive hp shared loot mobs have the same loot as other mobs, so hours of shooting with 10%-90% the cost to kill loots are therefore inherent in it.

I say all this out of respect. From what I know of you on forum and in game, you seem like a good person. I want you to do good at these, because for years I have seen you at these events often. So just remember. If you can go 2-3 hours with no multipliers on LT or evis, or wtf...then you can go just as many hours with non-multiplied loot on these too. The key, the only key, is maximizing time spent shooting.

Last edited:
Superb massive gratz

If there's something I've always liked about EU it's 'consequence'. The action of luck on something else, gives you the ability to do something that possibly creates another opportunity.

If it wasn't for your fat eomon maybe you wouldn't have been there and hunted so heavy. That is EU to a tee really, and that makes me happy. Because that's how it should be.

Wasn't there myself, as we all have our own EU plans, so I'm saving at moment myself. There will always be other loots.

Rick

SO true...it was really luck and consequences...most of my ped is tied up in loot I have to auction in the future. And is also part of a bigger future plan...so when I saw the news about the event, I determined my ped wasn't enough to participate it in the way I need to do in shared events to make it worthwhile (see my reply to felth on this page) and also figured it would be a ctd fest with the server problems...Basically I had only like 1k free peds on ark. However, right before the event, I sold a coat for +1500 on au, and a bunch of other auctions were bought out just before that...pure luck. Having almost 5k ped freed up, I decided to participate. But it was the one player that wanted the coat that pushed me over the edge and made me decide to participate :D I cancelled some plans for a short road trip with some guys, and decided to hit the event. Glad I did. Total was over 20k ped profit on the event, so if I hadn't done that, I would be nursing a hangover and a $500 bar tab for a weekend that I probably wouldn't have even gotten laid during, much less remember. This was one of my few good decisions :)

Couple problems with your wall of text. You must first understand how loot works, then you can complain about it.

MK droids are hundreds of ped to kill, up to around 1000-1500 for an MK5. If one got a nice size multiplier 1000x on say the MK5, barring regen, we could be looking at a 1,500,000ped loot. In the scenario of this MK2, I believe they are around ~300ped.. (going by memory) and if so.. we are looking at a 500-750x which happens. So in short, with bigger and bigger shared loot mobs (like immortal), we will see more of these in the future. Loot is not paid in arrears either. So, if you think the 194K is why your returns are crap, then you are dealing with perception bias. I've dealt with 8 people complaining to me in PMs the last couple of days about loot returns. When I ask what their setup is or what they are crafting, I want to smack them in the head.

Btw, that 3600 you got on my LA a few days ago was around a 500-750x multiplier (depending on your kill rate/regen). So, basically you got the same thing they did, the difference is that they shot a lot more into a mob that gave that multiplier.

Take this time, post-rage, to have a long, hard look into what you are doing in this game and determine if the math is for you or against you.

Thanks for the response. I feel anyone can complain about loot without knowing how it works. MA has never explicitly told us how it works. I do not doubt your understanding at all either - I just say no one but them really knows exactly 100% how it works. At the end of the day - this is a game, this is a product, and I am a consumer. I want to complain if I feel I'm not being treated well by the company or if I'm being taken advantage of, or whatever the case may be. They need to show me why I should keep dropping money into something. Maybe not , but that's how I feel at least.

That is a good point about perception bias. I do not think my returns were cap because of that though. One of my main points was about instability - hours and hours or whatever of awful loot - "balanced" by 2nd largest loot ever. I even saw one of the Ark staff say they ran those mobs on a test server and the biggest they got was 131k or something like that.

That Bela that I got - I thought that was a freak occurrence and was really startled by it. Now if I and any other hunter goes there and get 50 pecs on every mob or whatever all day long - I would say that is BS. I don't think anyone should say "well it's ok, it'll be worth it cause I might get a 3600." There is no guarantee that a huge loot would have ever come during that event.

I don't know what else to say to do if the math is for or against me.
I maintain full respect for you - and hope you do not view any of these responses of something against you. You are helping me process this event..

No offense taken :) Trust me, when it occurred when I was offline, I have felt a bit of rage, and most of all, a broken heart, knowing how much I grind shared loot, and how much I love shared events in general.

The only mob that owes me is the one I shoot at. Once I understood this, the broken-hearts stopped. The first rule of shared club is you CANNOT care about the loots that occur when you are off-line.

The main key, however, is that you need to determine the right dps, one that allows you to shoot the ENTIRE time that you can be online during the event, and NOT burn all your available ped in a few hours. Yes, if you are there a short time, you might get hella lucky, but you also might lose hella bad. Short bursts of shooting with limited ped on massive HP mobs is the biggest gamble there is in this game. Period. Treating it like I have explained above is the only way that you don't go home empty handed. Massive hp shared loot mobs have the same loot as other mobs, so hours of shooting with 10%-90% the cost to kill loots are therefore inherent in it.

I say all this out of respect. From what I know of you on forum and in game, you seem like a good person. I want you to do good at these, because for years I have seen you at these events often. So just remember. If you can go 2-3 hours with no multipliers on LT or evis, or wtf...then you can go just as many hours with non-multiplied loot on these too. The key, the only key, is maximizing time spent shooting.

Thanks very much! I thought you were on-line for it - I'm confused about that - but anyhow.
I really appreciate your feedback and some tips. I almost always go to shared loot events cause I think it's mad fun. One point I should take from this is that - I wasn't having fun on this one. If I take what you are saying to heart - then I shouldn't stay or go at all and I'd be fine. (if i'm not having fun)
I also have done a strategy similar to what you described above for an Oratan attack. I'd notice when it seemed like a bigger one was coming and "amp" up or when it seemed bad I'd attack as Slasher and got some nice globals, or just shoot with my small gun or something. This event seems much harder to tell at least - it takes so dang long to kill every mob - and I think that is part of the problem as far as perception.
Maybe because this is the first time I've experienced it like this - I can try to not care in the future like you said. As I wrote in my post - I didn't spend nearly as much as other people - so I know my $ reasons are less than others.
My experience in game told me something wasn't right.

positives: I got level up in dodge and evader while there! I played with LB and Taco. I talked to Ark Team.

;)

Hof

Well done to all who shared :cowboy:
I missed it ahhh :bump:

Regards
theViper

Last edited:
gratz ^_°°°

Big day for many good ppl. Gratz!!!

On the flipside... There's no other being in the known Universe who has so immense ability to adapt as Homo Sapiens. It's a blessing and a curse.
Blessing, 'cuz that's why we survived and became a dominant species on this planet.
Curse 'cuz we'll get used to anything very fast. What felt good or bad pretty soon will be just boring.

I believe the creators of EU knew this. So, it's never an endless party here. Sooner or later we're dragged through the Valley of Death. We can appreciate the sunshine much better when we come out of it, alive...
Not everyone survives thou. I have ragequit this game once and was away for 2 years... so i know.
And, i wasn't nearly as nice in this situation as DavinFelth. Respect, man! For what it's worth, i wish you luck.

Back