need help with Entropia Tracker

dabrixmgp

Old
So I been running this and its supposed to take screenshot every time I get a Global. The screenshots dont work at all because when I go to them its just a black screen. How do I fix this?

So I been running this and its supposed to take screenshot every time I get a Global. The screenshots dont work at all because when I go to them its just a black screen. How do I fix this?

Might help to list your operating system because I remember a while ago I was having similar problems with another program and it came down to having Windows 7 Aero theme operating.

Not sure if thats your issue here but someone with more brains should be along shortly :dunce:

You might also have more luck posting it in this part of the forum.

There may already be some threads about it in there somewhere.

You might also have more luck posting it in this part of the forum...

/mod note/ or a mod could just move the thread there ... done.

I dont know if this is in the right section, but...

mine won't take my global screens at all - no black screen, no nothing.

It does what it is supposed to do when I press the print screen button (time stamp, location stamp, and saves the screencap to the delegated folder)

any insight? win7 64, playing in windowed mode

I use Windows 7, you could try this: go to your Entropia shortcut, right click, go to properties, go to compatibility tab, and check "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition", apply and restart Entropia. Hope it helps! :)
properties_1.jpg

Last edited:
Ill try that and report back. thx and +rep

no luck there.

Apply the desktop composition disable on the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32\ClientLoader.exe" file itsself, then restart the clientloader.

Or wherever the shortcut points to. Don't do it on the shortcut itsself.

isnt the desktop composition disable just for black screenshots?

isnt the desktop composition disable just for black screenshots?

Yup, that's what the OP was about. If it won't take yours maybe tick the box "Take screenshots of my globals" and set a proper folder.

Or most likely goto Setup tab, Entropia Universe subtab and fill system settings chat log location.
C:\Users\any user\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log in my case.

Just browse to documents, then entropia universe and select chat.log.

it reads chat log fine, because combat and team loot functions work perfectly

it just WILL not capture a global. yes i have 'take screenshots of my globals' checked.

Hi everyone,

We're working on a new client release which will address various symptoms that have been reported. The client issues are a result of the evolution of EU. We're hoping to have the release out soon, but no date has been set as of yet.

Kind regards,
Chad | Entropia Life Support Team

Hi everyone,

We're working on a new client release which will address various symptoms that have been reported. The client issues are a result of the evolution of EU. We're hoping to have the release out soon, but no date has been set as of yet.

Kind regards,

awesome. I'll hold off on more attempts at setting changes till after this. thanks

a small update: I've noticed that it doesn't auto time stamp / location stamp when I global either....so it basically doesn't 'catch' that I global at all

Hi all,

Members have been reporting various symptoms, which is a result of the evolution of EU. We are currently in development for a new Tracker Client release which will stabilize the client and also pave the way for new features. We hope to have it out soon!!

I had a problem with tracker too. It worked fine up until a few months ago..then just stopped working. Thankfully, it was a simple little fix that a soc mate brought to light. In the HUD options menu, somehow I had managed to "uncheck" the enable main chat logging. If you don't have this option selected, screen grab wont work. Hopefully it's as simple as this for you guys.

Hi all,

Members have been reporting various symptoms, which is a result of the evolution of EU. We are currently in development for a new Tracker Client release which will stabilize the client and also pave the way for new features. We hope to have it out soon!!

Is there a new client already? Just made a screenshot and it is black..

Back