Twin Peaks Bank - Bringing Liquidity and Exposure to You

Very nice to see this bank up and operational again!! Gratz on the purchase! :)

Last edited:
Gratz on ur achivment m8 and good luck with it :)

Huge gratz bro! acquiring the bank :cool:

I am very glad that you have accomplished one of your dream goals lot of good things will be happening in Twin Bank ;)

Thanks bro as always :)

Gz on having a bank!

For all you complainers there who say 50% is high interest rate... think for a moment.
90% (if not more) of items are losing value over time ingame, in real life most collaterals dont lose that much value over time.
50% is cheap loan i guess, as i use bank services quite often (ingame).
Example: someone lists 9000ped worth of unrefined stones on auction, i dont have free peds, i pawn few things, buy the ore, refine, sell, and pay back the loan (1 day later). So i have to pay 12ped extra for 9000ped loan to make probably 200peds profit.

There are many cases where you need fast peds to either make money or to avoid losing money (you need to buy esi to chip out some skill that is dropping in price etc).

50% interest rate for economy so unstable is very good interest rate.

For the OP , Twin peaks bank is the best location bank, you could think about renting out spots for others to place their shopkeepers (for example they pay you 2k a month to have their shopkeeper with their stuff standing near the exit (as it is clearly more accessable for clients than any other shopkeeper ingame) Only downside is that you have to fill those shopkeepers yourself (as you are the owner of the estate), anyways something to think about.

Thanks for the gratz m8. Now regarding the location , if u read the OP i have mentioned that the item points will be rented out immediately. What i believe you are suggesting is basically to go for L items/stackables etc besides the ul items we plan to cater to. The problem with that is the time commitment required to get that functional and the fact that stackables etc i believe are best sold through AH ( much better reach and its highly competitive anyways).

When it comes to high value items, the AH fees becomes very high and since the market is sort of restricted in that field, once people realise that the bank is a one stop solution for there needs , both as buyer and seller I expect it to do a very good service to the community. It might be premature thinking on my part but then we cant know without trying. This is the reason i am ready to adapt based on experience of running the bank.

A pawn shop in germany for example for cars, if your car is worth 4 K Euro you will get 2500 Euro loan on it max, you pay for this service:
1 % interests per month
+ like 3 Euro parking fee per day
+ some more fees
= like 200 Euro costs for your loan/month = close to 100 percent per year

and people still use it, ofc usually not for long times

Thank You for your comparison. Makes sense.

Congratulation on fulfilling your dream!

Thank You for the congratz

I would not like to run banking business to be honest, mostly you profit from stupid people going broke :D

50% is a ripoff of course, but it's the way it is right now, and if there are stupid people out there to pay it, then let it be :D

I do not agree with you here. The bank is a tool like a hammer. You can either build castles with it or turn them into rubble. I also do not agree that people who use the bank are stupid.

Stupid People (IMO) : Take a loan on an imp fap, get the money and go to foma to burn lvl 13 amps :). They can still get lucky and hit an ATH and make good profit but regardless, I dont recommend that.

Smart People (IMO) : When there is event or another going on and stackables are low in mu, instead of tt'ing them they hold it for a week, use the bank for it as they have limited funds and then a week or two later they sell it for more then what they had to pay the bank in interest. Or if u see an opportunity and dont have funds to depo ( depo with cc would cost 2-3% anyways) you can just loan for a week and make good use of opportunity. Plenty of uses i can come up with where people are smart to loan peds from a bank.

My Objective : Help you build that castle and get you to pay me the rent for the hammer :)

Very nice to this bank up and operational again!! Gratz on the purchase! :)

Thank You for the wishes

Gratz on ur achivment m8 and good luck with it :)

Thanks m8 :)

Last edited:
Need funds.. Need to sell your item.. Contact me and we shall figure out the best way to get it done.

The teller still needs updating. Awaiting some work from MA's end. Feel free to contact me with any loan requirements.

Congratulations on this new bank! Will be great to see the Twin Packs Bank active!

Since banks haven't been used all that much in the years that I have been in EU, can you please update us on what exactly you are able to do with the bank and more what features MA has given banks? Will you be working on a trust loan or has MA setup a system where you are able to loan out items as item deeds?

Gratz on the new bank, Div! It'll be nice to see some added action at Twin Peaks and I know you will do well with your plans. Now I think I'll contact you about a certain pair of gloves I need sold........:D

I see the banks and the shops and the real estate (although not a lot of problems with them) as works in progress for the game. They have SOOOOO much potential but I have faith that they will develop properly over the long run for this game.
very simple fixes could be added currently to banks and shops to make them more user friendly for the customers and owners of the bank and thereby increase the real world value of the assets in the game and create more revenue for MA by selling these similar types of assets in the future.

Congratulations on this new bank! Will be great to see the Twin Packs Bank active!

Since banks haven't been used all that much in the years that I have been in EU, can you please update us on what exactly you are able to do with the bank and more what features MA has given banks? Will you be working on a trust loan or has MA setup a system where you are able to loan out items as item deeds?

Thanks a lot m8. To explain in short as of now all banks can do is provide loans against collateral. The value of the collateral is typically more then the loan + interest amount. It is up to the bank to decide what markup ( if any) they would assign to the item and based on that you can get the loan for any item you possess. Once you pay back the loan+interest , the item is automatically yours. There is no way a banker can keep your item as long as you have paid your dues. However, in case you are unable to pay your loan by the end date ( typically a month) then you either need to contact the banker to notify him and work out a deal ( this is between the borrower and the bank with no MA intrusion) so that you are able to get back the item or an extension on the loan.

Gratz on the new bank, Div! It'll be nice to see some added action at Twin Peaks and I know you will do well with your plans. Now I think I'll contact you about a certain pair of gloves I need sold........:D

Thanks a lot Tee. Will discuss the details with you in game. Cheers :)

I see the banks and the shops and the real estate (although not a lot of problems with them) as works in progress for the game. They have SOOOOO much potential but I have faith that they will develop properly over the long run for this game.
very simple fixes could be added currently to banks and shops to make them more user friendly for the customers and owners of the bank and thereby increase the real world value of the assets in the game and create more revenue for MA by selling these similar types of assets in the future.

To be fair , MA's plans to integrate these banks with there banking license did not come to fruition. As a result what we have right now is basically what people refer as "glorified pawnshop". There are plenty of ideas I have for MA but i am presently waiting for there server issues to be settled as that is a priority at the moment. We shall see if they manage to make something more out of these banks going forward.

Thanks all for the reps and support.

Cheers,

Divinity

Well, that was fun.

Anyway....

So was my DAR the first consignment item to sell?

Well, that was fun.

Anyway....

So was my DAR the first consignment item to sell?

Seems i missed the fun totally :scratch2:

Gratz on being the person who's item SOLD first from the bank ^^. Cheers and login soon for the peds :)

Tee, your shadow (F) gloves are sold.. Login for the peds .. :) Doc updated.. Max got the peds..

Get me more items..lol :)

Sweet! I'll be on tonight!

Would there be any prequalification requirements to getting a loan? Something tells me some might not be mature enough to do this! :)

Congrats on your purchase :) Good luck. I remember Twin Peaks from 2006. It sure was busy there. Best place to buy low and sell high! :)

Hey Div, is there any chance the Bank could be used as an intermediary to loaning items to people.

Say I have an event DPS gun and I want to loan it to people, but I don't want to manage the whole loaning process, so the Bank can loan it for me and provide the collateral, and we can split the rent money 50% - 50%.

Just an idea :)

Would there be any prequalification requirements to getting a loan? Something tells me some might not be mature enough to do this! :)

Congrats on your purchase :) Good luck. I remember Twin Peaks from 2006. It sure was busy there. Best place to buy low and sell high! :)

Heya there, no pre qualifications but you need to have items for collateral :)

Hey Div, is there any chance the Bank could be used as an intermediary to loaning items to people.

Say I have an event DPS gun and I want to loan it to people, but I don't want to manage the whole loaning process, so the Bank can loan it for me and provide the collateral, and we can split the rent money 50% - 50%.

Just an idea :)

Hey buds, am afraid right now the banks are a one way lending system, as in lending peds with item as collateral. I think what you are referring to would be a rental system, which banks dont have right now. Will discuss what you have in mind in game in case i am mistaken.

A few milestones have been reached so far

1. We have reached 50k peds in loans (non cumulative and at a given period as of today) which while a small amount is indicative of progress. I would like to thank my friends and everyone who has interacted with the bank. We are looking to make it easier, faster and better for you.
2. 3 items have been sold from the Outside shopkeeper on consignment basis. I am personally very happy with the lounge setup we have at the twin peaks. Need to get pics of it uploaded.

Last edited:
Want to Bid on an item and not deposit without knowing whether you actually win the item.. Visit the Twin Peaks Bank :wtg:

Is there a great deal to be made? Want quick cash? Reach out to Twin Peaks Bank.. Fast and friendly :)

Be Smart..Use a Bank
------------------------

Promotion For the Week : Offering 100% tt on Output Amps

Case Analysis: You expect output amps to rise a fair bit after migration is over. You have a sufficiently large stack already. Not enough peds to do more. Take the 100% tt loan and buy another stack. Basically *almost* doubling your investment in output amps without having to deposit. If you can beat 4% on a monthly basis, its worth it to do so.

Think outside the box. Be creative. Opportunities are only as good as the person who decides to use them :)

I missed this thread! I need to rent a spot please. Miau >.,.<

Careful Div, the last time she "rented a spot" Kity and her friends left beer bottles and food everywhere. It was a disaster.

Anytime :)

Careful Div, the last time she "rented a spot" Kity and her friends left beer bottles and food everywhere. It was a disaster.

Well guess that depends on who are the "friends" she brings along with i guess ;)

Special Announcement : I am very glad to announce that "Aurora Linzey Zamperath" is now partnered in the Twin Peaks Bank.

Well guess that depends on who are the "friends" she brings along with i guess ;)

​Certainly they would all be beautiful disasters, just like me ;)

​Certainly they would all be beautiful disasters, just like me ;)

Disasters are welcome as long as they are as beautiful as you :)

On a side note, I would like to share a few accomplishments for the bank

1. 120k+ in loans reached within 10 days from start of operations.
2. All but 1 item space rentals have been sold within 15 days from the shopkeeper @ outside Bank. Sadly the system is broken and as such i only get to know of sales through ped flow center.
3. This one gives me a lot of personal satisfaction and that is i got the outside display area looking almost as i had pictured it out to be. Still need to get the throne textured but will get that done :)

Thank You for your support ,

Divinity

"At its core, banking is not simply about profit, but about personal relationships." Felix Rohatyn

The perfect bank at the perfect spot, and the perfect guy to run it!

Congrats! :)

The perfect bank at the perfect spot, and the perfect guy to run it!

Congrats! :)

Appreciate the complement :) Thank You..

Notice to Users of All Banks

Please make sure that u have enough peds on ped card while trying to check out the status of the loan at the bank. It has been known to cause a bug which basically removes the item from the bank status window and you will be left unable to claim it. If at Twin Peaks Bank this happens, no worries. Just contact me with a screenshot of the loan deed and I shall sort it out. Kindly contact me at the earliest once you have identified the issue. I have sent a few support cases to MA with regards to this but have not received any acknowledgement of the same yet.

"At its core, banking is not simply about profit, but about personal relationships." Felix Rohatyn

I prefer this one:

"...The first thing is character...before money or anything else. Money cannot buy it...because a man I do not trust could not get money from me on all the bonds in Christendom."

— J. Pierpont Morgan, 1912

Back