price check for following items please

Fair enough. I agree to disagree :)

Agreed.

Your purposes are different then mine, and others play on a much more serious level then you or I do.

For you the low TT blades suit your needs

For me the medium TT blades suit my needs, for now.

For others, the high TT blades are the better fit

So I guess we should thank MA for giving us choices. :)

I think I've answered those questions a couple times already

If the higher cost better blades aren't for you, then they aren't for you....

MA has made different kinds of blades for different people, pick which one fits you.

And no, i don't have a Firefly for sale. I do own a Ranked a Combat Knife but it's not for sale. I'll probably sell it when I have the short blades skills for an Arcspark. I do own an Aakas and most of the other low TT Arkadia blades but for right now, they also are not for sale.

The problem is that you label all melee hunters who use arkadian blades as "non serious melee hunters". And only melee hunters with high tt blades are serious hunters.
It would seem judging from the reactions that there are a lot of people that like amped ark blades and don't value high tt that much or give much about high tiered blades. And since this is originaly a pricecheck for a firefly a lot of the responses seem to indicate that for the low tt blade hunters,doesnt justify the 15k ped tag neither does high tier.

Who is the more "serious melee user" - the person who reached, for example say, level 70 melee, cycling 1000's of peds a day over a shorter time, or the person who reached that same level 70 melee cycling only hundreds of peds a day over a longer period of time?

The problem is that you label all melee hunters who use arkadian blades as "non serious melee hunters". And only melee hunters with high tt blades are serious hunters.
It would seem judging from the reactions that there are a lot of people that like amped ark blades and don't value high tt that much or give much about high tiered blades. And since this is originaly a pricecheck for a firefly a lot of the responses seem to indicate that for the low tt blade hunters,doesnt justify the 15k ped tag neither does high tier.

Well:

Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Hunting Stats
Favorite Mob: Atrox
Highest Loot: 2 588 PED
Total Loot: 55 453 PED
Hunting Rank: 975 of 3 478

The numbers don't lie. And to be fair, my own:

Max HardWrath Mayhem
Hunting Stats
Favorite Mob: Longtooth
Highest Loot: 3 765 PED
Total Loot: 184 509 PED
Hunting Rank: 65 of 3 478

And by my definition of a "serious hunter" I would not make the cut either so try not to make things personal. Yes for the month I'm top 100 in global quantity, but that doesn't mean a thing. Total loot is the real indicator along with current activity. By my total volume, since I've been in EU for the entire time EntropiaLife has bee tracking this, my total volume indicates sporadic hunting with a medium turnover level.

Who is the more "serious melee user" - the person who reached, for example say, level 70 melee, cycling 1000's of peds a day over a shorter time, or the person who reached that same level 70 melee cycling only hundreds of peds a day over a longer period of time?

Level 70 is respectable regardless...

The fact is that there are guys and gals that cycle far more than 1k or 2k ped in a day... More than 3k or 4k and those are the ones who would need the high TT top end blades more than anyone.

Last edited:
Thousands of ped a day will not get you to level 70 in a short amount of time.
Just saying :)

Well:

Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Hunting Stats

Max HardWrath Mayhem
Hunting Stats

And by my definition of a "serious hunter" I would not make the cut either so try not to make things personal. Yes for the month I'm top 100 in global quantity, but that doesn't mean a thing. Total loot is the real indicator along with current activity. By my total volume, since I've been in EU for the entire time EntropiaLife has bee tracking this, my total volume indicates sporadic hunting with a medium turnover level.

The fact is that there are guys and gals that cycle far more than 1k or 2k ped in a day... More than 3k or 4k and those are the ones who would need the high TT top end blades more than anyone.

Interesting...

While I personally am not one of those who cycles 3-4k or whatever a day, I would disagree with your opinion that those who do cycle more than 3-4k "need" the high tt blades more than anyone. Those people may "want" or "desire" the, as you put it, "top end" blades, but I don't think those high tt blades are necessary to be able to do long runs/cycle multiple thousands of peds.

Again, I've never cycled 3-4k or more peds at a time, but as a low tt sword user with portable repair terminal as part of my regular gear, I can still easily see how doing long runs and cycling 3-4k or more can be done with a portable repair terminal and one single "low tt" blade, amped and tiered with 5 dam enhancers essentially as easily as with a high tt blade of comparable dps, level requirements aside. Repairing one's single weapon even 4 or 5 times an hour for how ever many hours because of having multiple damage enhancers doesn't seem that much of a hassle to me.

Not saying there aren't people out there for whom this isn't a hassle for, but as already been mentioned by others, it takes 3-5 secs and only costs 7 pec per use. And in this age of portable repair/TT, there is simply no need to buy multiple of the same weapon, each of them amped seperately and tiered equally in order to do long runs and cycle thousands of ped. That's just absurd.

To me, and this is just my humble opinion, when one pays 10-20k more for a high tt, "high end" blade - regardless of whether one could easily afford it or not - they are locking that 10-20k ped into that blade. If one plans to keep the blade forever, then that 10-20k becomes a sunk cost and the owner has to hope they can recover that sunk cost from hunting and/or thru some other way like renting it out or by some other means altogether. If one plans on reselling it after having finished using it for their needs, then he/she has to worry/hope that its value doesn't drop significantly due to unforeseen market factors by the time they resell it. Things change all the time in this game. Price discovery for melee items is going to be an ongoing thing for a while it seems.

On the otherhand, buying a single low tt blade of comparable dps with its accompanying amp, 5 dam enhancers and investing in a 20-30 ped protable tt terminal, allows that person to put that untethered 10-20k ped to work making them more ped in some other way in the world of entropia. In the right hands, that freed up 10-20k ped could make someone a pretty penny - errr, pec I should say.

I would think that you of all people would be able to see the value in that. *wink

As far as "level 70" and however thousand ped I stated in my previous post, I was just using that level and those figures as an example. I could have easily have substituted level 50, 40, 33, 85, 113, 22, and millions of peds or whatever. Point being that, if two or more people are at the same melee level, does the fact that one person cycled more peds at a faster rate in less time than the other(s) to get to that same level make them "more serious" about using melee?

Anyway, it's good to see so many sharing their varying opinions and possibilities and what other's perspectives are. It helps everyone better make their own decisions about things, whether they agree or disagree and that's what makes eu so much fun. As the saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks."

Thanks for reading.

*steps off the soapbox and passes the conch

Well:

Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Hunting Stats

Max HardWrath Mayhem
Hunting Stats

Yeah yeah.. U got more luck to show off with.. Does not say anything.
- Oh well for some, i guess.

Thanks Spawn for the advice of the Melee, sucks i did not listen earlier. hehe :scratch2:

Sorry for litle off topic.

//Sliver

Yeah yeah.. U got more luck to show off with.. Does not say anything.
- Oh well for some, i guess.

Thanks Spawn for the advice of the Melee, sucks i did not listen earlier. hehe :scratch2:

Sorry for litle off topic.

//Sliver

To be fair it tells us something about experience, even if it does not give the complete picture. If u had to consider the advice of a doctor regarding a surgery whom would u give more credit , the guy who has 10 successful operations or the one who has done 1000 :)

Anyways, I think people are brow beating the melee issue a bit too much. I'll tell my honest experience. I was a calytrek MKII ten user for last 6-7 months. Had 5 of them so never was a time i could not use one. A week back to my surprise all of them sold and i was left with no ul sib gun i could use. I said, wth lets go melee. 5 hrs of hunting with melee and i felt like giving up hunting. Nothing personal to melee hunters but for me its a pain in ass to tag and then wait for mob to come to me and i start damaging it ( was on longtooth) . Had an imp fapper and at same dps (roughly) i did less mobs/hr and cost me decay wise 160% on decay cost ( it was imp fap so it dint matter in terms of peds but still).

Everyone keeps telling me that melee is gonna do this and do that, but in my experience i found it *rather limited* in its use , so much so that it will never be my main weapon anymore. The point is if i have 5k peds I would rather go with a 150 ped melee weapon which gives good result at the cost of some inconvenience. If i had 10k+ I would go for a weapon I would not need to repair every 20 minutes. If i have 40k+ ( please dont be hung up on figures as i am just giving an estimate/idea) I would go for something more dps wise and if i had more I would not mind paying 40k for a gun for the range/dps/convenience.

The good thing about melee at the moment is it provides everyone an option to work within there limits. Everyone has there needs which is largely budget related. With more peds I would want more convenience then someone working on a tighter budget much like everything else in real life.

Cheers,

Divinity

Everyone keeps telling me that melee is gonna do this and do that, but in my experience i found it *rather limited* in its use , so much so that it will never be my main weapon anymore. The point is if i have 5k peds I would rather go with a 150 ped melee weapon which gives good result at the cost of some inconvenience. If i had 10k+ I would go for a weapon I would not need to repair every 20 minutes. If i have 40k+ ( please dont be hung up on figures as i am just giving an estimate/idea) I would go for something more dps wise and if i had more I would not mind paying 40k for a gun for the range/dps/convenience.

The good thing about melee at the moment is it provides everyone an option to work within there limits. Everyone has there needs which is largely budget related. With more peds I would want more convenience then someone working on a tighter budget much like everything else in real life.

Cheers,

Divinity

Well, ranged is by far the more economical hunting solution. For most people, the primary reason to hunt melee, aside from personal preference, is to boost HP and skill count as well as defensive skills. Some people just like hunting with melee... beyond that, melee provides unique opportunities to be at a high DPS level with a SIB level thats reasonable, while also being over 2.9xx DPP and having a very reasonable cost. Compare the DPS of a mid tier ArkSpark to ranged for example and you then see how affordable that "expensive" melee weapon is... relatively speaking anyway... its economical high DPS on a budget.

For the person who has 5K ped, as in your example, the smarter solution would be to buy a SIR-40 / SIR-50 or RAW-404 or similar.. then use that gun at max range to predamage and wipe out the majority of the mob's HP before it reaches you. The 2.8xx DPP of the affordable long range guns usually is a lot cheaper than armor and fap decay... then use your 2.9xx DPP low TT melee weapon to finish.

For me, I want to skill melee up as fast as possible. After skilling longblades, brawler, and clubs, I'm now working on shortblades. I want to take my Ranked Combat Knife to a high tier, which is a slow grinding pain in the ass and I cant imagine the point in doing it on a low TT blade. I hunt with damage enhancers all the time, especially with melee.. I want as much DPS as possible, not just to save on defensive costs, but also to cycle peds as quickly as possible, in order to skill up as fast as possible. Thats why for my purposes at the moment, the Ranked Combat Knife is the best choice. By the time I'm level 55 shortblades, I'll own an ArcSpark.

When somebody calls me an amateur because i know how to use higher dpp and higher dps weapons it brings a big smile to my face... ;)

Well, ranged is by far the more economical hunting solution. For most people, the primary reason to hunt melee, aside from personal preference, is to boost HP and skill count as well as defensive skills. Some people just like hunting with melee... beyond that, melee provides unique opportunities to be at a high DPS level with a SIB level thats reasonable, while also being over 2.9xx DPP and having a very reasonable cost. Compare the DPS of a mid tier ArkSpark to ranged for example and you then see how affordable that "expensive" melee weapon is... relatively speaking anyway... its economical high DPS on a budget.

I had forgotten to mention the HP and skill count but yes they are definitely one other reason for people to skill melee, however i feel that for most grinders melee will be an additional tool in the basket. As in similar to what I do, have a mainstream sib gun ( if u'r not lvl 100 already) for the shooting and use melee once the mob is on to you. So it does not replace ul sib ranged guns but adds to the kitty much like the various lenses on a dslr.

For the person who has 5K ped, as in your example, the smarter solution would be to buy a SIR-40 / SIR-50 or RAW-404 or similar.. then use that gun at max range to predamage and wipe out the majority of the mob's HP before it reaches you. The 2.8xx DPP of the affordable long range guns usually is a lot cheaper than armor and fap decay... then use your 2.9xx DPP low TT melee weapon to finish.

Depends a lot on what we want. Big mobs like prot with slow speed would work perfectly, whereas low hp mobs would cause overkill ( unless u switch guns every mob ) or the speed of the gun becomes a bottleneck if the mob is fast and reaches u in mid hp and u need to fap. So it depends on the hunting style of the hunter and what he prefers to hunt.

For me, I want to skill melee up as fast as possible. After skilling longblades, brawler, and clubs, I'm now working on shortblades. I want to take my Ranked Combat Knife to a high tier, which is a slow grinding pain in the ass and I cant imagine the point in doing it on a low TT blade. I hunt with damage enhancers all the time, especially with melee.. I want as much DPS as possible, not just to save on defensive costs, but also to cycle peds as quickly as possible, in order to skill up as fast as possible. Thats why for my purposes at the moment, the Ranked Combat Knife is the best choice. By the time I'm level 55 shortblades, I'll own an ArcSpark.

Thats the reason i said no shoe fits all. Your purpose dictates that u feel arcpsark is what suits u best. For me, I would prefer calytrek mkII ten's 72m range with 5 less dps then arcspark and same eco at the 2x cost of the arcspark mainly because of range and the mobs i hunt.

PS : I am a EcoFag[SUP]TM[/SUP] and more a believer in cost/kill rather then dpp on the weapon.

Last edited:
I think when people get to the point where they list their tracker stats in a price check thread they should stop posting that thread (or the thread be closed) as they have clearly run out of arguments. A Godwins's law of sorts.

To be fair it tells us something about experience, even if it does not give the complete picture. If u had to consider the advice of a doctor regarding a surgery whom would u give more credit , the guy who has 10 successful operations or the one who has done 1000 :)

Anyways, I think people are brow beating the melee issue a bit too much. I'll tell my honest experience. I was a calytrek MKII ten user for last 6-7 months. Had 5 of them so never was a time i could not use one. A week back to my surprise all of them sold and i was left with no ul sib gun i could use. I said, wth lets go melee. 5 hrs of hunting with melee and i felt like giving up hunting. Nothing personal to melee hunters but for me its a pain in ass to tag and then wait for mob to come to me and i start damaging it ( was on longtooth) . Had an imp fapper and at same dps (roughly) i did less mobs/hr and cost me decay wise 160% on decay cost ( it was imp fap so it dint matter in terms of peds but still).

Cheers,

Divinity

TB honest it only tells that I am a happy family man.

Well:

Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Hunting Stats

Max HardWrath Mayhem
Hunting Stats

And I like teamhunting and shared mobs.
You could add most lithium teamhunts 2004-2006, church of lootius teamhunts, 2006-2008, divine justice teamhunts 2008-2010, ck shadows and odysseus unbound teamhunts. Maybe the picture is different then. For example I did stage iv longtooth entirely at jurra, shared loot. Doesnt mean I got no globals.

You could add most lithium teamhunts 2004-2006, church of lootius teamhunts, 2006-2008, divine justice teamhunts 2008-2010, ck shadows and odysseus unbound teamhunts. Maybe the picture is different then. For example I did stage iv longtooth entirely at jurra, shared loot. Doesnt mean I got no globals.

Try not to take things personally, you are missing the point because it's not about who hunts the most. All that I'm trying to say is that there are people with substantially more loot turnover volume then both you and I, and as a result, the high TT/DPS/DPP blades are better suited to the needs of some of those people.

What you and I are willing to spend for a blade right now isn't relevant... What is relevant is that there are others who are willing to purchase those other blades that carry the high price tag and those are the people who determine the market value.

Since melee amps, some people (not you) are walking around talking like their Shagadi is one of the best SIB weapons in game... Well dude, sorry to inform you that your 500 PED sword isn't actually the same as a 40K+ CalyTrek TEN.

We are just a few weeks into Melee Amps and as a result, some people are beginning to explore melee for the first time. There are subjective pros and cons to all the blades and hopefully this debate we are having helps shed light on some of them.

TB honest it only tells that I am a happy family man.

OR

Which one? :D

Jokes aside, i never look at people's tracker ( i know most do) because 10 minutes of conversation with a person or reading what a person writes tells more about the persons knowledge then a look at the tracker. I know of people who have < 100k in total loot in EU having more in depth knowledge about loot and EU mechanics then those i know with 1 million+ on tracker. My own tracker doesn't show shit about what i have done, most of my activities i don't like being on tracker and for hunt i hunt solo in teams to make sure it does not at times. :)

Ok.. I am done as far as melee is concerned (I mean talking about it) ^^

I thought we were discussing/debating low tt melee vs high tt melee, not melee vs ranged. Melee and ranged are two completely different playstyles with different factors, costs and skill/attribute gains to consider, so a different discussion.

But since it was brought up and we're done talking melee, how about this question for analogy sake:

Hypothetically speaking - and ignoring any player rage toward MA it would cause and suspending disbelief that MA would even consider it - what if there existed a rifle (or rifles plural) that had similar or even slightly better stats - dps,dpp, range, ammo burn, etc - compared with the 40K Calytrek TEN and could use the same amp. The only significant difference in stats is that its tt value is, i don't know, some number that it would require it to be repaired five times per hour with continuous use because of damage enhancers. Level requirement doesn't matter since we'll assume you are max skilled to use both. The current market price of this low tt gun is only 2k - 3k ped because there are relatively more of them around.

So...

The Calytrek TEN costing 40k+ ped with max tt of 125 ped and no-hassle repair

or

The Hardwrath Divinity Mk.1 costing 2k ped with max tt of 12 ped which needs to be repaired ~5 times an hour with portable repair terminal(7 pec per use)

Both have similar dpp, dps and range. Which do you choose? 40k+ ped w/no repair or 2k ped w/5x repair per hour?

Again, this is just hypothetical. No need to dodge.

if it has the same eco i chose the cheaper one take 3 sec to repair the other one is only good for events were time is a factor

Is it just me who repair its Unlimited armor during a hunt.. seems so.. Damn im Eco for once :yay:

Repair ALL.. 1 Click.. :wtg:

For they who dont know, Damaged armor gives less protection but still cost same. :wise:

So, when u repair armor you repair your UL Sword at same click, easy :tongue2:

// Sliver

For they who dont know, Damaged armor gives less protection but still cost same. :wise:

it was my understanding that decayed armor protected less and cost less at an equal ratio?
I haven't tested it though, so maybe I am wrong.

Back