Shaolin
Tees Maar Khan - Formerly The Crouching Tiger 2006 - 2011
Law 30 smuggler
law 40 smuggler
firefly shortblade

Lets go with tier 5 as a basic

Thanks
TMK

waaattt.... 80 people viewed and no input.... what the.....

7ped or so each

Not sure how accurate this would be, but owning a Genesis Firefly T4.5 (11-12k MU approx). For T5 it would go from here to topz of 13k imo. Hope this helps.

-Vi

I bought a T6 Stingury late last year for roughly +16k (Stronger than the Firefly but all I can offer as a guide).

As much is mine is never gonna be for sale-with the new melee Amps-I wouldn't even consider anything less than 20k for it,Ofcourse it isn't worth what I want for it but what the buyer is willing to pay so you need people who are looking to buy these items to post in here.

There is a selling out thread asking +16k for a T1 Firefly,bit much in my opinion but if it sells then you can at least add the teiring costs to that.

I am aware of some Genesis Firefly that sold for +12K and higher before melee amps and right now someone is asking +16K. I think that a lot of what was driving the price of the Firefly is speculation about the price rising after melee amps. There is three problems with that logic:

1. There have been a TON of new blades that have looted, many of which have enough TT value for a long run unlike the cheap Arkadia blades that need to be repaired after killing a few creatures. One example of a good knife is the Ranked Combat Knife from Cyrene

2. The Ranked Combat Knife and other blades also take melee amps which means that now there are more blades that have usable DPS and DPP. That dilutes the market by a considerable amount.

3. The prices of melee amps, to everyone's surprise, have not crashed.

Here is the weapon compare of the Ranked Combat Knife vs the Firefly.

ranked_combat_knife_vs_genesis_firefly.jpg

The Firefly clearly has a DPS and eco advantage plus it can take a Trauma VI however most people who own a Trauma VI also have the peds and probably the skills for a higher level blade.

Both the Ranked Combat Knife and the Firefly are maxed at level 38. With the Trauma IV, both are doing similar damage and dps with a small advantage going to the Firefly.

There still is a huge disparity in the cost difference of the Ranked Combat Knife and the Firefly. The Firefly shouldnt be selling for twice or three times as much as the Ranked Combat Knife..

I think 5K is too low for a Ranked Combat Knife and 12K is too high for a Firefly. Its only a matter of time before the market recalibrates and these cost disparities start to go away.

Hopefully that helps

Last edited:
Guys thank you sooo much for the info greatly appreciated....

I am aware of some Genesis Firefly that sold for +12K and higher before melee amps and right now someone is asking +16K. I think that a lot of what was driving the price of the Firefly is speculation about the price rising after melee amps. There is three problems with that logic:

1. There have been a TON of new blades that have looted, many of which have enough TT value for a long run unlike the cheap Arkadia blades that need to be repaired after killing a few creatures. One example of a good knife is the Ranked Combat Knife from Cyrene

2. The Ranked Combat Knife and other blades also take melee amps which means that now there are more blades that have usable DPS and DPP. That dilutes the market by a considerable amount.

3. The cost of melee amps, to everyone's surprise, have not crashed.

The Firefly clearly has a DPS and eco advantage plus it can take a Trauma VI however most people who own a Trauma VI also have the peds and probably the skills for a higher level blade.

Both the Ranked Combat Knife and the Firefly are maxed at level 38. With the Trauma IV, both are doing similar damage and dps with a small advantage going to the Firefly.

There still is a huge disparity in the cost difference of the Ranked Combat Knife and the Firefly. The Firefly shouldnt be selling for twice or three times as much as the Ranked Combat Knife..

I think 5K is too low for a Ranked Combat Knife and 12K is too high for a Firefly. Its only a matter of time before the market recalibrates and these cost disparities start to go away.

Hopefully that helps

Songkra sells for 300-450 ped... and is close in dps. and can also take a VI amp. Just buy a portable repair terminal and you can save yourself a lot of peds..

3. The cost of melee amps, to everyone's surprise, have not crashed.

Hopefully that helps

Songkra sells for 300-450 ped... and is close in dps. and can also take a VI amp --> 2,964 eco, 64,7 dps at tier 0, 86.59 at tier 5 (outperforming the firefly)
Buy a portable repair terminal, or 4 songkra daggers and switch the amp when one breaks.. the amp will last 4 blades.

So in my humble opinion.. both above mentioned swords are heavily overpriced.. as is ranked scorpion.. compare that to the songkra, and you will see it's nearly identical in dps.

Songkra sells for 300-450 ped... and is close in dps. and can also take a VI amp --> 2,964 eco, 64,7 dps at tier 0, 86.59 at tier 5 (outperforming the firefly)
Buy a portable repair terminal, or 4 songkra daggers and switch the amp when one breaks.. the amp will last 4 blades.

Songkra also doesnt have a usable TT level for people who want to do medium to long runs without having to repair their blade.

Last edited:
Songkra also doesnt have a usable TT level for people who want to do medium to long run without having to repair their blade.

so you would rather pay 12.7k more ped for a blade with lesser dps and eco because you don't need to repair it that much?
I wonder how many portable repair terminals fit in 12.7k ped.
or how many extra songkra blades at tt+300.

It's a good thing I don't like math, Otherwise I would have even calculated it.

Maybe you could even buy 2 VI amps and some songkras for that amount..

Let's face it.. the UL sib ped sky is falling really hard.. if melee amps keep dropping.

so you would rather pay 12.7k more ped for a blade with lesser dps and eco because you don't need to repair it that much?
I wonder how many portable repair terminals fit in 12.7k ped.
or how many extra songkra blades at tt+300.

It's a good thing I don't like math, Otherwise I would have even calculated it.

Well, would you really put a 6K ped amp on a 500 PED blade?

Well, would you really put a 6K ped amp on a 500 PED blade?

Yes I would! well I have the IV... but it really helped me with my longtooth mission as I was outdps-ing everyone at Jurra. Thank heaven for Longtooth shared and melee amps!

Yes I would! well I have the IV... but it really helped me with my longtooth mission as I was outdps-ing everyone at Jurra. Thank heaven for Longtooth shared and melee amps!

The reality is that the people who can afford to buy a Trauma IV and especially the Trauma VI can also afford to buy a blade with a useable TT value.

No one wants to sit their with their dick in their hand, trying to repair a blade with a portable repair unit, while an Eomon is chewing their face off.

The reality is that the people who can afford to buy a Trauma IV and especially the Trauma VI can also afford to buy a blade with a useable TT value.

No one wants to sit their with their dick in their hand, trying to repair a blade with a portable repair unit, while an Eomon is chewing their face off.

Well some people have more than one weapon.

I have 3 shagadi longblades , 2 firedaggers, 2 songkra's, an archon and some philosophers and then I always pack my trusty justy mk5 etc etc. I don't care about tt that much, I simply switch to another weapon.
The curse of being mediocre in all skills is also a blessing.. your dick doesn't sit in your hand, but you got the babe to blow you while you conveniently kill the fucker with a justy/a106 combo.

Well some people have more than one weapon.

I have 3 shagadi longblades , 2 firedaggers, 2 songkra's, an archon and some philosophers and then I always pack my trusty justy mk5 etc etc. I don't care about tt that much, I simply switch to another weapon.
The curse of being mediocre in all skills is also a blessing.. your dick doesn't sit in your hand, but you got the babe to blow you while you conveniently kill the fucker with a justy/a106 combo.

I have about two dozen unlimited SIB blades and about a dozen unlimited SIB guns so yes I know something about owning more than one weapon. Aside from the fact that the Songkra comes from a gumball machine on Planet Arkadia, the only viable purpose of use is as a backup for when your ammo runs out, or as as a finisher for the kill shot because you are using a high damage or DoT primary weapon.

With any unlimited weapon, the only way to keep up with falling prices is to tier the thing... Blades are 100% decay and so every time you increase the tier, you are increasing the decay per hit by 10% which only accelerates how fast it gets used up.

Would you really take a Songkra to tier 5? Probably not

On top of all of that... the Songkra requires level 44 before the sib even starts... in this thread, we are talking about level 35 blades.

All that aside.. with a Songkra, Aakas, etc, you will need to own two or three of the same blade for hunting runs. People usually want to be able to tier their blades and now you are talking about doubling and tripling your tier costs which becomes a big deal at high tiers... not to mention you are also doubling or tripling (at least) the time it will take to tier the blades.

There is a reason why low TT value blades have low value... its because of the low TT!!

...just like comparing an A106 with an Improved A105

Same stats, same damage, same eco... different TT value.

Last edited:
All that aside.. with a Songkra, Aakas, etc, like with what you do, you will need to own two or three of the same blade for hunting runs. Well that's great and everything, but people usually want to be able to tier their blades and now you are talking about doubling and tripling your tier costs which becomes a bid deal at high tiers.

There is a reason why low TT value blades have low value... its because of the low TT!!

...just like comparing an A106 with an Improved A105

Same stats, same damage, same eco... different TT value.

So here's the question you're so anxiously trying to avoid:

Would you rather have something with better eco and better dps, or high tt? With a price tag of 300 ped vs 14k ped I know what my answer is. I can swing songkra for half an hour before it breaks. that doesn't equal as finisher. If I bring 4 songkra and simply switch the amp, or carry a portable repair unit, low tt can easily be overcome.
can lower eco and lower dps easily be overcome? Ofcourse you are right with the tier V story. Enhancers break more easily on fast swinging things with lower dmg. But when you need the dps it can be there for you during events when dps is more important than eco.
and yeah, level 44 is not level 35. But again..
We're talking shortblades and this shortblade costs 300 ped vs 14k ped....

why no one want mk V or mk VI club, roughly same eco with amp now and more dps for lower mu??? and tt isnt crazy high or crazy low at 1200tt just right for about 90min hunt or 1 hour if u got it to say +5 tier with dmg enhancer.

3. The prices of melee amps, to everyone's surprise, have not crashed.

Hopefully that helps

Well quite frankly buds I do not agree with you on the assessment.

Firstly, anyone who owns a firefly would definitely want a trauma VI and not a trauma IV. That would bring a dps difference of around 7 with a much better eco. That sort of difference is not a small difference imo.

Secondly between ranked combat and firefly, the biggest difference is the fact that one can be auctioned and the other cannot. This might seem like a small difference but in reality this is way more intricate to deal with and limits the MU of an item as finding a buyer can be a nuisance. This might not be an important factor for u or me ( resellers) but for an end user this becomes a big handicap.

Example : Gun DPP Range DPS
MarCorp Kallous-7 2.954 73.7 50.17
Ranked HK1750 2.918 66.0 48.93

Both the above guns with with a106 have minimal difference except for fact that ranked hk1750 is non auctionable and kallous-7 is. There is at least a 5k peds difference between the guns in terms of trade value. Just to give an idea of the difference a single factor can make along with small differences in other values as well.

Bottomline : I am ready to sell my t4 ranked knife at 5k anyday but if i had a t4 firefly I would not sell it for 12k peds.

PS : I own a ranked knife but i dont have a firefly

Reactions: jod
So here's the question you're so anxiously trying to avoid:

Would you rather have something with better eco and better dps, or high tt? With a price tag of 300 ped vs 14k ped I know what my answer is. I can swing songkra for half an hour before it breaks. that doesn't equal as finisher. If I bring 4 songkra and simply switch the amp, or carry a portable repair unit, low tt can easily be overcome.
can lower eco and lower dps easily be overcome? Ofcourse you are right with the tier V story. Enhancers break more easily on fast swinging things with lower dmg. But when you need the dps it can be there for you during events when dps is more important than eco.
and yeah, level 44 is not level 35. But again..
We're talking shortblades and this shortblade costs 300 ped vs 14k ped....

Im not avoiding the question... the answers should be obvious

You are talking about a level 44 blade here and we are talking about level 35 blades so in more than one way you have an apples to oranges comparison.

If you want to match your Songkra to something closer to its level, try the Stingury or the Arkspark.. I can tell you that I most certainly would prefer to have those blades and so would any other serious melee user with enough peds... as is shown in the price.

In terms of level 35ish short blades, we would be talking about the Firefly, Ranked Combat Knife and then the Aakas Fire Dagger. The Aakas is too low TT, i would need 3 or 4 of them for the kind of runs that I do.... in fact I own one and it sits in storage unused. The Ranked Combat Knife has enough TT value... the Firefly is considerably more expensive than the Ranked Combat Knife.. so as a result the shortblade that I grind with is the Ranked Combat Knife since its the all around best value of the three.

Last edited:
why no one want mk V or mk VI club, roughly same eco with amp now and more dps for lower mu??? and tt isnt crazy high or crazy low at 1200tt just right for about 90min hunt or 1 hour if u got it to say +5 tier with dmg enhancer.

Primarily because few are maxed or near maxed in clubs ( not many options to skill with) and a lot of people including myself would not want to chip skills to max something even if its slightly lower cost along with skills. The mu on the blade can rise or drop but the mu on the skills is pretty much a guaranteed loss. Had clubs been more versatile with more options available the market for them would have been different.

Im not avoiding the question... the answers should be obvious

You are talking about a level 44 blade here and we are talking about level 35 blades so in more than one way you have an apples to oranges comparison.

If you want to match your Songkra to something closer to its level, try the Stingury or the Arkspark.. I can tell you that I most certainly would prefer to have those blades and so would any other serious melee user with enough peds... as is shown in the price.

In terms of level 35ish short blades, we would be talking about the Firefly, Ranked Combat Knife and then the Aakas Fire Dagger. The Aakas is too low TT, i would need 4 of 5 of them for the kind of runs that I do.... in fact I own one and it sits in storage unused. The Ranked Combat Knife has enough TT value... the Firefly is considerably more expensive than the Ranked Combat Knife.. so as a result the shortblade that I grind with is the Ranked Combat Knife since its the all around best value of the three.

I guess I am not a serious melee user then, although I do have enough ped.

I guess I am not a serious melee user then, although I do have enough ped.

Try taking two or three Songkra to tier 6 or 7 at the same time... let me know how long it takes you and how much it costs for all three.

Try taking two or three Songkra to tier 6 or 7 at the same time... let me know how long it takes you and how much it costs for all three.

Now that there are amps, I don't care much about tiers anymore. My tier 2 shagadi does 99 dmg at 54 reload with trauma IV. That's enough dmg for me for the stuff I hunt. I guess I will take the songkras to tier 2 or 3 as well, as they are just a bit more powerfull than my shagadi. Maybe if price drops I will upgrade from IV to VI. 6k is a bit too steep for an amp.

Now that there are amps, I don't care much about tiers anymore. My tier 2 shagadi does 99 dmg at 54 reload with trauma IV. That's enough dmg for me for the stuff I hunt. I guess I will take the songkras to tier 2 or 3 as well, as they are just a bit more powerfull than my shagadi. Maybe if price drops I will upgrade from IV to VI. 6k is a bit too steep for an amp.

Well, that's another fundamental difference, because I care a lot about tiers... I want that extra DPS to be there if I need it. The other difference is that I dont want to have to hunt with multiple blades or fiddle around with a portable repair terminal every few minutes.

Last edited:
Skilling up on SB's used to be a complete pain the butt sourcing enough blades and effectively paying MU on your ammo (before buying Unl SIB blades).

I'm sure that has changed a bit with new blades but I would not want to have to go through that again.
And Tiering up multiple blades would just be too painful,as an example my stingury hasnt gained a single point of increase after 6.4 over 50k cycled,and thats with a 144 tier rate,I couldnt imagine how long it would take with multiple blades.

The way enhancers work now-decreased breakage-they are a massive bonus I consider very important,more so than amps imo.Its essentially a higher lvl weapon without having to upgrade the old way(sell what you have to buy the next level weapon) and you can customize it to any level of mob you want,its like owning multiple weapons.

So yeah I was happy to pay the premium for that advantage,did I pay too much? Some would say so but if you want it and thats all they will sell it for then thats what you have to pay.

What they are 'worth' and what your gonna have to pay for one are 2 different things also.

If this is a true price check not just an opinion piece and people are charging 12k for something like this then I would try to get it for 10k so my price range would be 10-12k.

The Tiers may not be important to you at the moment but they may be important to someone else should you ever decide to sell it so they shouldn't be underestimated.

Last edited:
So all we need now are some portable repair terminals to use those lower TT weapons! Someone suggest this to MA!

Hardwrath touched on it, but something that you seem to be really overlooking is the SIB requirements.

Firefly/Dragonsbreath are SIB recomended 34 and maxed at 38.
Unenhanced and unamped nothing compares with these at that level.

Skill enhancers give you 1/2 of a level per slot, so with 6 slots of skill enhancers you are maxed at level 35 which is easily skillable into with cheaper blades or chips.

When I got my firefly I used skill enhancers and each 1/2 level I gained I would swap them out for damage enhancers. The time period to maxing the Firefly went pretty quickly, since then though skilling has slowed down tremendously.

The cost of skilling/chipping to an equal dps tremendously effects the resale value of a blade.

Also someone at higher levels will be looking for an upgrade in terms of dps not in terms of sib level.
The ark blades are nice, but they are not Genesis blades, and for a serious user no amount of arguing will change that.

With the release of the amps my estimate is,
Firefly t0 ~= 12k
t5 ~= 15k
~1k more for each tier after that.

Well quite frankly buds I do not agree with you on the assessment.

Firstly, anyone who owns a firefly would definitely want a trauma VI and not a trauma IV. That would bring a dps difference of around 7 with a much better eco. That sort of difference is not a small difference imo.

Secondly between ranked combat and firefly, the biggest difference is the fact that one can be auctioned and the other cannot. This might seem like a small difference but in reality this is way more intricate to deal with and limits the MU of an item as finding a buyer can be a nuisance. This might not be an important factor for u or me ( resellers) but for an end user this becomes a big handicap.

Example : Gun DPP Range DPS
MarCorp Kallous-7 2.954 73.7 50.17
Ranked HK1750 2.918 66.0 48.93

Both the above guns with with a106 have minimal difference except for fact that ranked hk1750 is non auctionable and kallous-7 is. There is at least a 5k peds difference between the guns in terms of trade value. Just to give an idea of the difference a single factor can make along with small differences in other values as well.

Bottomline : I am ready to sell my t4 ranked knife at 5k anyday but if i had a t4 firefly I would not sell it for 12k peds.

PS : I own a ranked knife but i dont have a firefly

I dont disagree with anything in your post. Also I think that a mid tier Firefly can get more than 12K right now, possibly 14K to 15K, maybe more with good tier rates.. It really just depends and right now, as you know, there is no shortage of people buying high end things.

There is however a wide disparity between the prices of some blades and it likely will close a little bit, People are starting to discover the Ranked Combat Knife, Ranked Psy-Blade, Ranked Psy-Sword, and on a little lower of a level the Ozpyn blades which can be auctioned. So either the new blades will go up in price, or the old blades will come down, maybe a little of both.. I don't know which.

I do think that the Aakas, Songkra, Shagadi, Dehera, etc will go up in value. The reason they haven't yet is simply due to excessive supply. Eventually Arkadia will stop continuously looting them and as a result, the balance between supply and demand will change.

Last edited:
Back