Lost/Missing Loot due to server failure

Fenyx

Young
Society
NBK Elite
Andy Fenyx Draven
I feel violated...

In past days, the loot lag's been getting gradually worse, longer delays during certain periods in certain areas but it _has_ been catching up, be it 2 mins, or 10 mins after killing the mob, the loot has eventually caught up...

Tonight I fell in that trap... Was waiting for a fapper friend, but he wouldnt be available for 30 mins or so, so I started killing some argonaut scav elites outside Troy, before i prettymuch realised, i was about 20 kills ahead of the first loot i recieved, then was killing around another 4 before another loot was recieved.... When i lost count of how many mobs i was 'owed' i stopped hunting, waited by the side of the pack, and a couple more loots came though, to a total of around 65 peds worth.

Problem is I had used a tad over 200 ped of ammo in killing mobs, thats how far ahead of myself i got... then entropia totally lags out, boots me off and tells me when attempting to re-log back in that the server is offline, do I wish to use another...

Just before the hunt, I had purchased a couple of items on the auction (which was a whole different pain in the ass as one item decided to go directly to storage and another sat in the won tab on auction... (had to log into the site item list to find out where they were...)

I know I am not the only person affected by this, however after recent displays of their customer services to friends in similar positions for alot less amounts, I have absolutely no faith in them actually doing anything useful or to repay a little faith in the fact that during the migration I have deposited around £200-£350 a week while rebuilding my character since coming back.

Part of me is curious what jurisdiction mindark falls under, I feel like contacting the British gambling commission for advice, as i know full well if something similar happened on a British based bookies site, IE taking bets but a site error leading to it deducting from wallet, but not placing the bet, they would have to resettle the lost ammounts or face probably legal action.

Probably spite talking but i feel utterly burned right now by Mindarks failure to supply a reliable service, they should just take the bloody server down until fixed instead of this bullshit ductape repair they seem to currently be attempting.

Jurisdiction hmm... it's swedish company so Sweden :)

Jurisdiction hmm... it's swedish company so Sweden :)

Well, yes, but under which official body, is there any form of regulation ?

I don't think they need to obey gambling regulations and laws. As this is just online game/service. That's all I know. Have you tried contacting support first?

Well, yes, but under which official body, is there any form of regulation ?

No since it's legally not money you are playing with.

Entropia isn't a betting service, it's a game.

Problem is I had used a tad over 200 ped of ammo in killing mobs, thats how far ahead of myself i got... then entropia totally lags out, boots me off and tells me when attempting to re-log back in that the server is offline, do I wish to use another...

Sounds harsh I know, and I've lost peds due to server outages before, but I (hope!) I've learned my lesson: when EU is acting up, don't go out on a limb.

• If you get more than 2 loot lags in a row, stop what you're doing and wait for it to catch up.
  • Don't do risky things like instances until servers are reliable again.
  • Don't leave mining claims lying around, mine them as you get them.
  • DO play on less laggy servers if it's possible (I think loot lag is universal tho, everyone experiences the same lags there no matter where in the universe they are).
  • Don't log out on a really bad server (on ark, this is Celeste, on caly probably Twin peaks/PA).
  • DO be extremely careful with trades (I've had very strange things happen today due to trade lag... fortunately I was only trading with trusted players).

or just simply stop playing.. if a game that is played with real money cant keep their shit together it doesnt deserve any players

or just simply stop playing.. if a game that is played with real money cant keep their shit together it doesnt deserve any players
I'm kinda in line with this, they have mentioned that they have severe lag and server problems.
And that they are doing some preparations (which causes some disturbance) while waiting on the new hardware.
So, the servers are atm. wobly 'cause they're not working at full capacity, they have broken hardware, and are preparing DB's for the new hardware.
The new hardware "should" be arriving this week, and, well, no idea how long it takes for them to install and get it running.

I just check dailies, CBA playing with the lag (took 6 hours to even get logged in today).

Same here.. Missing loot from yesterday lag/crash. Sent a support case yesterday immediately but had no answer yet.

Unstable server = ATH's. So it's a good thing :)

Last period with unstable servers 330k
This period with unstable servers 194k.

Maybe we will c another ATH ? =D

Back