Question: Why doesn't NVIDIA support EU?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
When getting my latest NVIDIA driver I had a look at what games NVIDIA supports and EU isn't listed? Surely having a relationship with NVIDIA would be useful in helping players with their graphics settings and graphics card support? It would be a nice symbiosis.

And how much is it going to cost MA?

Looking at the list I realized its mostly for big names only, quite sure even if MA wanted to deal with them, their e-mail would end up in junk folder (unless they are ready to pay crazy amounts).

Iirc, EU is optimized for Nvidia... :scratch2: But yeah no official settings made for it by them...

I can vouch for this game running 10x better on nvidia. I have a PC with a 560 gtx and it runs so smooth, and on a laptop/mac with an AMD card (better one on the mac than the nvidia) and it stutters like crazy.

As long as u don't customize your engine much, i think the title being listed or not is more about advertising then real support issues.
If the engine you are using is not supported, then it's a serious issue. Also if u have basically rewritten half the engine code. Idk how much they have customized CE2 code for EU?

Last edited:
in the list is World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria only
and EU is constantly changing MMO
EVE is not in the list

will you feel better if in the list was EU VU 11 or something

As long as u don't customize your engine much, i think the title being listed or not is more about advertising then real support issues.
If the engine you are using is not supported, then it's a serious issue. Also if u have basically rewritten half the engine code. Idk how much they have customized CE2 code for EU?

Wild guess :
- rendering: none
- network : fair work
- ai : they disabled that part and put basic AI script tutorial from irrlicht3D
- interaction : fair work
The rest of client is game/internal code not engine related

EDIT: Sorry for the OT replay. While related to gfx, it's not nv-only.

Wild guess :
[snipped what MA may and may not have modified]
What many fail to consider (seemingly MA itself when they started) is the (almost unbound) large amount of different textures (and shaders?) in areas where many avatars with different clothing/armor/tools/<whatever> are.

I may be wrong, but I think EU is the only MMO, or at least application of the CE2 engine, not having everything compiled down to "levels"/"maps"/<whatever>, making it relatively straightforward for "the others" to throw away even leaked buffers on "area change". EU is a slightly less static environment.

While I haven't experienced the specific issues after switching to the 64-bit client, while on 32-bit it often seemed like the client loads up all mipmap levels of all textures for an avatar just entering visual range; even if you can't even see the avatar, it could load up megabytes+ of textures, and hog VRAM until it crashed due to VRAM exhaustion. Even if that speculation is wrong, the client at least wastes tons of memory, that much is clear.

You made me laugh with the idea about where the "AI" came from. I didn't know Irrlicht was in such a sad state in that area. ;P

Last edited:
Back