Eating and drinking

Timewarpman1

Dominant
I'd like to suggest the concept of eating food and drinking.

Since we pick up fruit all the time, we should at least be able to eat it.

Maybe food and water can grant temporary boost to skills and what not.

Also if you don't eat or drink, you suffer negative benefits and your health never recovers.

And then make food only available through crafting so only the people with money can afford to eat.

I think that would be a great addition to the game.

Sounds like a good idea. We should be able t make mild boosters from scavengable materials like indeed, fruit.

Also if you don't eat or drink, you suffer negative benefits and your health never recovers.

And then make food only available through crafting so only the people with money can afford to eat.

This part is a bad idea though.

I like the idea of eating and drinking from a purely social standpoint. Think of the fun parties you could have and tapping a Motorhead Keg :beerchug:

I like the idea of eating and drinking from a purely social standpoint. Think of the fun parties you could have and tapping a Motorhead Keg :beerchug:

Well...maybe. But only if Taco and Stig have to check their swords at the door...

I agree, eating and drinking could be another aspect to an Avatars health. Another bar of nutritional health. A new market for crafters making food and drink.

I agree, eating and drinking could be another aspect to an Avatars health. Another bar of nutritional health. A new market for crafters making food and drink.

Yeah, why not ?
Avatars would be forced to eat and drink proportionnaly to their stamina, and they would have private needs.
People who don't hunt nor mine, like for example, crafter and traders will be subject to obesity.
Oh, and avatars should sleep too, apartments would be of use cause if you sleep in the wild bad thing may happen. Like for example, you can steal the gear of an avatar who sleep or even more weird, female avatars may be even rap.ed by boorums.

Also, while we are at it, avatars should have an urge to pee and poop, so they'd have to either break whatever they do and rush to a paid restroom (good for economy!) spending oil and mind essence in process (good for economy!), or stock themselves up with Diapers (L) and Mobile Dry Closets (L) (crafters, rejoice!).

Of course those with high stamina should be able to visit restrooms less often.

Welcome to a brave new world of ultimate realism :yay:

[System]: You must take a shit towards a Claim Marker to operate it.

I almost see noobs camping the restrooms to collect whatever you left there, to sell as fertilizer. "Hey, mistah, have you finished?"

more cost to play? no ty

not really a priority, there are soooooooooooooooo many other important things to work on in the game ahead of that.

didn't your avatar used to turn into a ghost unable to do anything until ghost form avatar found its way to a revive terminal in ancient days?...

I wonder if you guys caught the very subtle sarcasm in this thread.

As in there are already games that actually do this, i'm just pointing out how MA hasn't done it because they suck the ped out of everything else that we do.

As in YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS FOR AGREEING WITH ME!!!

:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

As in there are already games that actually do this, i'm just pointing out how MA hasn't done it because they suck the ped out of everything else that we do.

You joke but its been considered.

Cyrene was looking at it pretty closely in the early days of production.
Their early release screenshots from the test server had some very interesting hotkey symbols on it (One that looked like a sheaf of wheat iirc).

Makes sense really for these short term skill boosts,auto looting boosts etc to be fashioned as food but as long as it stays a choice and not something you MUST do to continue playing happily.

It was considered by MindArk in about 2004, as shown in this posting of an transcript of an early interview with Marco:

What kind of purpose will food serve in-game?
MindArk: Food will be in sooner or later and eating will give you some kind of a boost. For example your health max drops without food (no starvation to death). Food will essentially be eaten to keep your levels of HP, Mindforce, stamina, etc up.

and in this 'Review of the 2004-05 Roadmap' by Wistrel at the end of 2005.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?12152-MindArk-A-year-in-review

So while you may have intended it 'ironically' Timewarpman, it's been a recurring suggested feature for many many years.

I guess your just shit at sarcasm if you have to point it out to people, maybe you should stick to ranting about taming never coming back... oh wait you got fucked over there didn't you funny man.

Reactions: jod
I think done right it can be interesting. Use food as a temporary (minutes) speed boost (for hunters or miners) not to be used more than once a day. Or while your avatar is kept fed, your regeneration speed is increased. The idea is not to significantly affect game play but to make it more interesting by providing more options for people to respond to certain circumstances with certain tools that also provide new market niches for players to supply those items. Another option is climbing and acrobatics... food could give you the strength to climb ropes, cliffs or walls, or jump twice as far as you could without it. These are things that don't affect loot but can make the game more interesting.

But no to food being required unless it's a real low and cheap/free amount and paused while your avatar is offline.

Yeah lets make like little mood bars for different needs, hunger for food, social for being forced to talk with others, fun for doing main activities and etc. And then name the Entropia Universe to Sims 4 Entropia Edition.

Seriously... Everything you recommended would rise the cost to play while not giving much back to average gambler (and gamblers are pretty much keeping this game alive).
Right now you spend 100ped and get 90ped back, with your plan you spend 100+10(food) and still get back 90 ped..

This game is not about being realistic (anyhow most of avatars dont need that food, because they get new body every few hours (revival process), and i think you can probably not eat for few hours and not die in irl also).

If you want to gamble and shoot monsters then this is your game, if you want to eat and drink and marry your neighbours then Sims is the game you might wanna try.

We have some form of food already.
Auto loot pils, skill gain boosters, acuracy , crit and similar
We have even Rakzums pouch to drink and be able to revive others.
Autoresurection pils were sold with starter pack.
We will probably see more of this kind of "food" in future.

Lets have a hunger bar and hydration bar. Not drinking causes you to die and all your gear is decayed to min. If hunger gets to 50% you lose 20% damage and at 0 all your items are deleted.

Lets also have it so you can contract eating disorders such as binge eating and anorexia to make providing food for your avatar more difficult and costly.

As well we should add other diseases such as HIV or Ebola! You can be forced to get disease vaccinations to prevent the diseases.

While we are at it lets have food give .01% tt return when you create common dung.

Lets also have a hygene and social interaction bar. If you get to 0 on hygene you get a 1 month debuff where you can't interact with others. If you get to 0 on the social bar everywhere anyone can kill you and loot your stackables.

Lets also have a rep bar. The more nice mobs you kill the worse your rep is. When you get bad rep your account gets deleted.

Eating and drinking is the dumbest idea I have ever heard.

I am surprised that some here biting (pun intended) at this suggestion and :

sar·casm (särkzm)
n.
1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

I Hope :)

I am surprised that some here are biting (pun intended) at this suggestion and :

sar·casm (särkzm)
n.
1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

I Hope :)

Last edited:
Well food to gain skill boost and whatever ? No thanks.

But here is a suggestion, Mindark could introduce poisonous creatures.
If an avatar is effected by the poison, it reduces health or skills for a set amount.
To cure it, one must use and antidote or a certain fruits for that kind of creature.

The antidote could be crafted I guess.

Just my :twocents:

Well food to gain skill boost and whatever ? No thanks.

But here is a suggestion, Mindark could introduce poisonous creatures.
If an avatar is effected by the poison, it reduces health or skills for a set amount.
To cure it, one must use and antidote or a certain fruits for that kind of creature.

The antidote could be crafted I guess.

Just my :twocents:

Newcomer starterpack wich you can buy from MA web shop contain skill bosters, if i remember you get 20 of them and each last 1 hour and provide 50% skill bost bonus.
When you consume it avatar do animation / movements as it drink it or eat it.
Sure nobody is forced to buy it.
As for other types - Auto loot pils you buy on TT.
Other are lootable ort crafted.
For example this are all crafted Nanobotss- Acuracy, Nanobots - Kill Strike, Nanobots -Metabolic Boost, Nanobots -Resilence. There were also nanobots skill bosters as events rewards.

Pouchs and poisons - we have resurection and autroresurection ones.

All that together with some other magic items like mod plates, vampiric coats, some magic helmets mean that MA just dont think to give MF users MF powers like buffs, debuffs and cures - sure is easyer to earn by selling them as food/pils or some magic items than to allow some MF er to buff arround almost for free.

Because hunting is so cheap and returns are so high that we need to balance it out with additional costs :yup:

Back