For all you Twitch fans

SoReal

Stalker
Society
Titans Of Space
Looks like google recently purchased twitch, and of course they are trying to ruin everything. A few days in and they're at it already.

This is about them muting copywrited music played over peoples streams.

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/

Last edited:
Some crazy changes for sure, no more save forever either.

So any old tutorial videos out there on twitch should be sent to youtube, before they get erased soon as they announced.

everything will be deleted after 14 days...60 days if you are premium.

This is a good idea.

I have not read it all, i have however seen it first hand.

Hopefully they let subscribers hear the music, more reason to sub and spent money within twitch.

This is a good idea.

I have not read it all, i have however seen it first hand.

Hopefully they let subscribers hear the music, more reason to sub and spent money within twitch.

who knows , this is google , im sure they will find a way to moneterize it .

Problem is

Music company wants money. So you got 2 choices.

A ) Spend countless amounts of money in court to fight the music industry. But it's all about who's got the most money to keep the legal actions ongoing. So twitch will lose after a period of time.
B ) Implement what the music industry wants, which is to mute / block all videos that contains copyrighted music. unless you pay royalties ofc.

That's all.

Problem that will ocur that will kill twitch is that the software will also target people who have yet broken the copyright, aka valve has stated you are allowed to use music from Dota2, yet the software blocks it.

So now the streamer will have to contact twitch and ask them to remove the "flag" from their VoDs.

Problem is

Music company wants money. So you got 2 choices.

A ) Spend countless amounts of money in court to fight the music industry. But it's all about who's got the most money to keep the legal actions ongoing. So twitch will lose after a period of time.
B ) Implement what the music industry wants, which is to mute / block all videos that contains copyrighted music. unless you pay royalties ofc.

That's all.

Problem that will ocur that will kill twitch is that the software will also target people who have yet broken the copyright, aka valve has stated you are allowed to use music from Dota2, yet the software blocks it.

So now the streamer will have to contact twitch and ask them to remove the "flag" from their VoDs.

And no, Subscriber or not. You will not be able to hear the audio. As twitch will have to pay royalties themself towards the music company ^^

Looks like google recently purchased twitch, and of course they are trying to ruin everything. A few days in and they're at it already.

This is about them muting copywrited music played over peoples streams.

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/

Imho, that decision to apply the laws for copyrighted material in order to help artists & musicians to get paid from their work, is not ruining everything at all..

I think this is something that happens to most website once they start to become a sizable enterprise. Technically under the current laws Twitch is innocent either way as they are protected under the "forum principal" but its certainly understandable that Twitch dosn't want to be associated with copyright infringement.

I don't really mind them trying to clamp down on that i just hope they do a better job at it then the youtube team.

Best regards
Zweshi

bye bye justintv...
http://justin.tv/
The Justin.tv website, mobile apps, and APIs are no longer in service. Thank you sincerely for seven years of live video memories.

Why is Justin.tv being shut down?
Justin.tv pioneered live video on the Internet and spawned one of the largest video platforms ever: Twitch. Justin.tv was officially renamed Twitch Interactive Inc. in February of 2014 and Twitch is now the focus of the company's resources. Unfortunately that means we need to shut down Justin.tv. We thank all of our broadcasters and viewers for 7 years of live video memories.

Back