Costs for Tier Upgrades to Armor are just Way too High

mightymax99

Guardian
Costs for Tier Upgrades to Armor are just Way too High. They are too the point where most armor is literally at X.9 for most people's armor sets. This should not be the case or how the game should be done for armor where the entire population doesn't use an in game feature that was designed to be used....

Please fix this in some way for the future it needs some modification (similar to how the enhancers lack of use was fixed by adding more durability to them). When literally no one wants to upgrade their armor, you know something is not balanced. There are various fixes.:smoke:

Last edited:
I think it depends on the efficiency/power of the armor, as with other tier upgrades and has some complicated formula that they won't change. But what they could do is make armor enhancers more powerful, therefore give more incentive to tier armors.

I think it depends on the efficiency/power of the armor, as with other tier upgrades and has some complicated formula that they won't change. But what they could do is make armor enhancers more powerful, therefore give more incentive to tier armors.

yes, possible fix, good idea

To expensive to tier, I agree ... x7 for a set x10 for tier 10 = x70.
Don't won't to spend 140k - 210k ped by the time I reach tier10, just to tier my armor !

Atami

I agree. It would cost approximatly 10500 ped to upgrade all 7 parts of my hazen set to just tier 1. I dont even want to know the cost to get it to tier 10. Especially when there arent any mobs worth using the armor for.

I agree. It would cost approximatly 10500 ped to upgrade all 7 parts of my hazen set to just tier 1. I dont even want to know the cost to get it to tier 10. Especially when there arent any mobs worth using the armor for.

I completely agree with you, we need some help on this one

it's not worth the protection benefit for the cost

Free the armors from .9 status!!!!

FREEDOMMMMMMMM:wtg:

So why not then slap some plates on or purchase the next "upgraded" armor i.e. Angel to Shadow etc..??

This only becomes a problem when you have something at the high end spectrum such as Mod Shadow, Supremacy, Charamone, Sentinel etc... but by that point you would have enough evade to effectively use that armor setup and would therefore not need to tier it much past 2 or 3.

~Danimal

Sorry to put to damper on this but wasn't the point of items having different tier rates to make them different, if all armour is tiered up to 10 then they all become exactly the same again.

And as mightymax said unless you're right at the top level where there's nothing above spending that much to tier anything up becomes pointless you may as well just buy the next one up.

Especially with the current trend of new and better items being introduced, you could spend a that cash only to find a newly created item from one of the PP's renders it tt fodder.

Sorry to put to damper on this but wasn't the point of items having different tier rates to make them different, if all armour is tiered up to 10 then they all become exactly the same again.

And as danimal said unless you're right at the top level where there's nothing above spending that much to tier anything up becomes pointless you may as well just buy the next one up.

Especially with the current trend of new and better items being introduced, you could spend a that cash only to find a newly created item from one of the PP's renders it tt fodder.

I fixed it for you..

~Danimal

We were told that tiering costs would be reduced.

THE ONLY THING THAT WAS REDUCED WAS THE ARSON CHIP

Everything else still has excessively expensive cost that isn't captured back thru hunting/mining/crafting. Its just an insanely high pedsink.

To expensive to tier, I agree ... x7 for a set x10 for tier 10 = x70.
Don't won't to spend 140k - 210k ped by the time I reach tier10, just to tier my armor !

Atami

As you say it is expensive between 140k to 210k peds on your part, there is a lot of money.

Then my question is what do you actually get for money exept a stronger armor who is more expensive to use and then where does this money ( 140-210k peds) goes to the lootpool or or in any other place because no one will be willing to pay about 300k-400k peds for your armor unless there is a clear advantage on the economic level.

As you say it is expensive between 140k to 210k peds on your part, there is a lot of money.

Then my question is what do you actually get for money exept a stronger armor who is more expensive to use and then where does this money ( 140-210k peds) goes to the lootpool or or in any other place because no one will be willing to pay about 300k-400k peds for your armor unless there is a clear advantage on the economic level.

I think that's the point. Its a pedsink that we don't get paid back on, and doesn't seem to go loot pool, just higher cost for less eco on the armor for little more def. its insanely high.

I think that's the point. Its a pedsink that we don't get paid back on, and doesn't seem to go loot pool, just higher cost for less eco on the armor for little more def. its insanely high.

That's why most people will simply upgrade to the next "best" armor, unless they are already at the high end spectrum which by that point they do not need to upgrade past 2 or 3 tier levels. This is because they would have the needed evader/dodger skills to effectively use the armor. Unless you are just plain crazy and want to teir up your high end armor to T10 (which isn't practical), one could simply get "bigger" plates to slap on the armor to enhance it further. This allows the best most practical resale value of both the plates and armor set should the time come for it in the future.

Why upgrade an Angel to T10 when you could simply get Imp/Mod Angel at T0-T3? Much cheaper and more practical.

~Danimal

My tier upgrade skills are low, I think my prof level is 13 or 14 or something like that, so I don't usually get all that many mats back after tiering. I wonder if the idea is that a highly skilled avatar will get more mats back making it more affordable to tier an item, especially a high level item. Can anybody with some good tiering skill give feedback as to what kind of returned mats you see with different level items and different tiers?

My tier upgrade skills are low, I think my prof level is 13 or 14 or something like that, so I don't usually get all that many mats back after tiering. I wonder if the idea is that a highly skilled avatar will get more mats back making it more affordable to tier an item, especially a high level item. Can anybody with some good tiering skill give feedback as to what kind of returned mats you see with different level items and different tiers?

it wouldn't matter enough even with high tiering skills with how out of balance it currently is. you barely get back anything right now and im level 40 tier upgrade

it wouldn't matter enough even with high tiering skills with how out of balance it currently is. you barely get back anything right now and im level 40 tier upgrade

Auktuma's Tier Upgrading Service??? How does the professional level not matter in how much materials you get back? :scratch2:

~Danimal

I just thinking for this Money i can buy a Mod-Fap and have 2-3 years hunting for free.

Back