FYI: Multiple Accounts Scammer Alert

Fucking scammers!
It's about time MA should investigate some situations like this. In certain situations there would be plenty proof about scam if they wanted to move pinkie.

Because forum rules dont allow me to say names, PM if you want to know them. Its about same guy who has at least 3 alt avatars. Be carefull because today he already joined another society but fortunately the leader found out about him and kicked him before he try more scams.

PM me name please, but I doubt this would b e any good as (s)he will create another new avatar for next scam...

Update

- Still no reply from support.

- Ive decided not to "give up" this case, until something happens out of it. Its not that much money for me, but it could have been, I want to minimize those chances for any fair EU-player.

Also from what ive read here, and heard from other people(Dalas Luke etc) stories, I get the feeling that support/MA rarely gives a shit about us fair/depositing players. I want an answer to what MA say about that.

Tomorrow or on tuesday I will try to call the office in Göteborg and see what they say about this.

Does anyone know if the "support staff" are sitting in the office, mentioned above? The supportguy that "helped" me with the first ticket was named Ulf, so I guess he might be from Sweden at least.

Are there any other MA offices in Sweden, or is this:

Contact
Mindark PE AB (publ)
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden
Telephone: +46 (0)31 607 260

The only one they have?

-----------------------------------
Phonecalls, ticketrespons etc will all be updated here, as noncensured as the forum rules accepts.

//Eleanora

EDIT: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/ is down, so cant go out with names public yet.

Update
- Still no reply from support.

- Entropiaplanets.com is down so cant go out with names public yet. Wisper kenji for the names we know of.

- Ive decided never to "give up" this case. Its not that much money for me, but it could have been.
Also from what ive read here, and heard from other people(Dalas Luke etc) stories, I get the feeling that support/MA rarely gives a shit about us fair/depositing players. I want an answer to that.

Tomorrow or on tuesday I will try to call the office in Göteborg and see what they say about this.

Does anyone know if the "support staff" are sitting in the office, mentioned above? The supportguy that "helped" me with the first ticket was named Ulf, so I guess he might be from Sweden at least.

Are there any other MA offices in Sweden, or is this:

Contact
Mindark PE AB (publ)
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden
Telephone: +46 (0)31 607 260

The only one they have?

-----------------------------------
Phonecalls, ticketrespons etc will all be updated here, as noncensured as the forum rules accepts.

//Eleanora

What happened to the feature that you can't create an avatar name too similar to someone else's?

Anyway, only real way to protect against this:

Take collateral
Make sure avatar is on your FL. In trade this will show as black square if they're not on FL.
Request trades via FL not thru whisper or public channels
Check the name every time... Just because an avatar looks like someone doesn't mean it is someone.

Last edited:
Lets not forget Wizzo as well manipulating the auc while MA stands idly by...

Irritates me seeing this prick screwing with gazz.

qgcgpaq.png

So call the police and tell them you lost your T15 Vivo worth 150 USD?..... Sure :\

Safety and Security

MindArk aims to provide the safest online entertainment environment available. Safety and security is highly prioritized and MindArk has implemented functions on several levels to ensure this. Both Planet Partners and the participants on the planets should always feel safe in their endeavors in Entropia Universe.

Some examples of actions taken to ensure that Entropia Universe is one of the safest virtual worlds on the market:

• Use of real time monitoring to guard against fraudulent or prohibited activity
  • Extensive logging and powerful back-end tools
  • All handling of personal information concerning participants is conducted according to MindArk's Privacy Policy and applicable privacy laws
  • For secure money transactions the Entropia Universe Gold Card system offers an access system equal to high-security online banks

Last edited:
MA is washing hands by telling that they see trade as normal activity but in situation like that, it is most likely that someone is using multiple avatars from same IP address, therefore it would be very easy to see what avatars logged in and out and where goods ended up.
They say that all transactions are final, but in past avatars was banned for trading PED with exploiters that abused system and made a lot of PED. Seems like one rule when players are victims and another when MA loses money...

Collateral is a no brainer, but there are situations when people know eachother well enough to entrust goods without collateral.

In such situations simple token 'collateral' would be nice safety measure. Be it MM diploma, 7 pec of oil or 2 ped of ammo, if other part do not put it in trade window, that should be warning.
Although this is 'extra work' and may seem as a hassle, this would protect nicely when there is identity scam like that one.

Similarly a pass-phrase would be another safety measure.

Given that token and pass phrase would be keept secret ofcourse ;)

qgcgpaq.png

So call the police and tell them you lost your T15 Vivo worth 150 USD?..... Sure :\

Safety and Security

MindArk aims to provide the safest online entertainment environment available. Safety and security is highly prioritized and MindArk has implemented functions on several levels to ensure this. Both Planet Partners and the participants on the planets should always feel safe in their endeavors in Entropia Universe.

Some examples of actions taken to ensure that Entropia Universe is one of the safest virtual worlds on the market:

• Use of real time monitoring to guard against fraudulent or prohibited activity
  • Extensive logging and powerful back-end tools
  • All handling of personal information concerning participants is conducted according to MindArk's Privacy Policy and applicable privacy laws
  • For secure money transactions the Entropia Universe Gold Card system offers an access system equal to high-security online banks

That picture compared to the reply I got from my first ticket is so missguided, read for youself:

On 2014-07-30 13:32:25 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Eleanora,

Thank you for the additional information, we will investigate the matter and it does sound like you are quite correct as we've received no cases from this avatar.

However we are not allowed to discuss our cause of action towards other accounts so I cannot give you much more information than this at this point.

What would you like out of this, are you looking to get the ammo and the armor back? (I naturally assume this otherwise.)

Kind regards,
XXXXXXX | Entropia Universe Support

------------------------------------------
Why would he even ask that last question if he already knew it was impossible for him to solve it?

Here is the last reply I got:

On 2014-07-31 07:47:21 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Eleanora,

I will need to discuss this issue a bit with my superiors for permission and what I am allowed to do, but hopefully we will get to the bottom of this and get clarity on it all.

Something will be done regardless as it is unacceptable behavior and a bannable offense with Trust crimes.

Kind regards,
XXXXXXXX | Entropia Universe Support

--------------------------------------
I still havnt got anymore replys from him after 10 days....

- What will be "done"?
- Why do I still see the scammers mainaccount getting globals?

More likely is that they don't want to set a precedent and open the flood gates as they'd end up having to man a full anti scam team.

More likely is that they don't want to set a precedent and open the flood gates as they'd end up having to man a full anti scam team.

Or all they would have to do is implement a BASIC lending system that would prevent the person who is using the item from trading, TTing, or auctioning the item. Notice that I said "lending" and not "renting" because a rental system would create item barons that would disrupt the balance of the entire entropia universe. A simple system that allowed for lending 2 or 3 things simultaneously would solve the problems without creating new ones. On top of that, it would create a new micro payment system where MA could derive a new avenue of income through small lending fees.

If they resolve your issue and are willing to help you, maybe dont post there communications with you, but do post that they as far as you know are working to rectify this and take action.

I know and understand that being gave ammo or etc... is not what anyone would *want*, but if it equal's TT value of the market price around or very close to what you paid for item. I believe it is a acceptable compromise, but you might not feel the same way and rightfully so.

That being said, if they do take action and return to you something of a fair nature. This will fortify my confidence in there security measures and reassurance that MA proactively will try to drive out and not tolerate any abuse of its systems are community.

Even posting here was only because I feel very strongly about this type indecent, nothing against MA, as I did some reading and they seem to have a great team, of really good people as well. All I ask is they find a loop hole that solidifies that there security and anti fraud measures are without flaw, or backdoor.

BTW, anyone can be scammed, tho we need to exercise good judgement and responsibility, we are only human and thefts will prey on that and the fact that there are so many good people in EU makes it a perfect place for thefts to prey on this good nature.

Or all they would have to do is implement a BASIC lending system that would prevent the person who is using the item from trading, TTing, or auctioning the item. Notice that I said "lending" and not "renting" because a rental system would create item barons that would disrupt the balance of the entire entropia universe. A simple system that allowed for lending 2 or 3 things simultaneously would solve the problems without creating new ones. On top of that, it would create a new micro payment system where MA could derive a new avenue of income through small lending fees.

Ok, how does a lending system not get used as a renting system? We've already been over this multiple times and there is no way around it. If you create a "lending" system that assures someone they will get their item back, it will be used as a renting system with no collateral necessary.

There is a way for MA to make a lending system for items...I play another game that has one. Lending someone something can be done with the item comming back to the real owner after a certain amount of time. Why hasn't MA done this? Would be alot less scamming going on with a system like that one.

Ok, how does a lending system not get used as a renting system? We've already been over this multiple times and there is no way around it. If you create a "lending" system that assures someone they will get their item back, it will be used as a renting system with no collateral necessary.

The way to get around it is if you cap the amount of items that a person can lend out..

maybe by 3 or 5 items at a time.. or even 7 if you want to be able to include armor sets.

The way to get around it is if you cap the amount of items that a person can lend out..

maybe by 3 or 5 items at a time.. or even 7 if you want to be able to include armor sets.

If that's the case, what's to say that "people" won't start to create alts just so they could circumvent this limit and be able to "lend/rent" stuff out?

Just asking of course...

And then the 'Item Barons' will just have multiple alts to do the lending from.

I'm all for finding an answer as I believe in the merits of a safe lending system but this one wont solve the issue-and It's an important issue imo.

On top of that, it would create a new micro payment system where MA could derive a new avenue of income through small lending fees.

Why does every suggestion have to have some fking fee attached to it, i think it's time for MA to start adding value for money not more fees for every little bit of game play added.

A lending system is basically already in place. I let a new player borrow my VTOL, when he was done I pressed the recall all vehicles button. This could be applied to other loaned items.

Update - it worked!

Earlier this morning I said I was going to call MA until something happened.
This is exactly what I did, I phoned the office in Göteborg, and a girl answered it. I explained the situation, and that I still was waiting for my reply from the first ticket aswell. I gave her my name and email. She then said she wasnt working "in-game" but go to the department and deliver the message I sent.

The amazing part

I came back home from my exam, I logged in, watched some Sopranos, made myself something to eat, went back to EU and had the message: Returned due to scam. Cheers, XXXXXXlCalypso

The T15 is back in my hands! :yay:

+Rep to the girl I spoke to on the phone, that actually did take this serious.

+Rep to all you wonderful people out there that helped me in all kind of different ways.

///Eleanora Sabado

http://sv.!!!!!!!!!!!!/r/21b7uyd/8

Last edited:
Earlier this morning I said I was going to call MA until something happened.
This is exactly what I did, I phoned the office in Göteborg, and a girl answered it. I explained the situation, and that I still was waiting for my reply from the first ticket aswell. I gave her my name and email. She then said she wasnt working "in-game" but go to the department and deliver the message I sent.

The amazing part

I came back home from my exam, I logged in, watched some Sopranos, made myself something to eat, went back to EU and had the message: Returned due to scam. Cheers, XXXXXXlCalypso

The T15 is back in my hands! :yay:

+Rep to the girl I spoke to on the phone, that actually did take this serious.

+Rep to all you wonderful people out there that helped me in all kind of different ways.

///Eleanora Sabado

What???? About time MA steps up and fixes this kind of thing.

+rep MA

UPDATE 2.0 - The reply from Support Center

Here is the message I got back from the ticket:

On 2014-08-11 16:06:30 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Eleanora,

Normally we wouldn't be able to return the item to you since "all trades are final" however I've decided to make an exception in this case. I'm doing this because of the fact that all evidence I've seen indicates that a scam has taken place and that the original item was sold to the trade terminal. This means that I can re-create the item without interfering in the economy in a significant way. The item should be in your carried inventory already.

Have a nice day!,

Best Regards,
XXXXXXXXX | Planet Calypso

Once again + REP Support!

Reactions: May

Hi Eleanora,

Normally we wouldn't be able to return the item to you since "all trades are final" however I've decided to make an exception in this case. I'm doing this because of the fact that all evidence I've seen indicates that a scam has taken place and that the original item was sold to the trade terminal. This means that I can re-create the item without interfering in the economy in a significant way. The item should be in your carried inventory already.

Have a nice day!,

Best Regards,

So that idiot scammer went through the hassle if creating all those accounts to scam you only to turn around and sell the fap to the TT?????? ....what a dumb ass

Edit: this doesn't add up. Can you reply to MA, of course thank them, but then also ask them for the name of the avatar who TTed the FAP?

Edit 2: was the T15 at full TT value? Cuz if it was then it would make more sense.

Last edited:

Take home lesson: if you're a scammer, never TT items you steal.

Edit: I say this to point out that MA's policy of all trades are final is dumb in these situations.

At the very least, give us more tools so we can better identify imposter avatars. Numerous great suggestions for doing this have been mentioned on the forums.

Last edited:
Wow!!!!

I'm amazed, GREAT JOB MA!

I just started reading this tread. Yes it's "only" $200 but being scammed is the worst.

Congrats on getting your fap back:)

Many +reps to Mindark you guys are becomming more and more a great company!

Thank you for taking care of your customer.

Jay-Jay

Reactions: SHY
So that idiot scammer went through the hassle if creating all those accounts to scam you only to turn around and sell the fap to the TT?????? ....what a dumb ass

Edit: this doesn't add up. Can you reply to MA, of course thank them, but then also ask them for the name of the avatar who TTed the FAP?

Edit 2: was the T15 at full TT value? Cuz if it was then it would make more sense.

They wont go out with the information what ava that TTed it, but I am 100%(or say 99,99%)sure that I know its one out of 3 avatars. The first one that traded the FAP with my made, the 2nd avatar that was in our soc to get information, or his third(that I know of) avatar that he uses as a "main".

The TT was not full. It had the same value as it was when my socmate left the tool to the scammer.

Gratz to the OP. Hope they also banned the scammer with all his alts.

They wont go out with the information what ava that TTed it, but I am 100%(or say 99,99%)sure that I know its one out of 3 avatars. The first one that traded the FAP with my made, the 2nd avatar that was in our soc to get information, or his third(that I know of) avatar that he uses as a "main".

The TT was not full. It had the same value as it was when my socmate left the tool to the scammer.

Please, can you PM me those names? please? :)

Or anybody who is reading this and knows their names?

Thanks, and congrats !!!

Hi Eleanora,

Have a nice day!,

Best Regards,

Once again + REP Support!

Great to hear and awesome job MA

Back