(I Wish...) For A Change In The Way Inventory Loads

sawachika

Old Alpha
The way it works now is that it attempts to load "everything" that you hold within the tab. And that seriously hogs up the physical memory of a CPU.

Once it finishes consuming your RAM, you get the out of memory crash.

Would it be possible to revamp the inventory so that its not such a mem hog? Make it load only what you see or something like that?

If that's not possible, then please actually enforce the limit to the number of items that we can hold in our inventory.

(Didn't realise that there was such a potential bug or problem....and went all out with the purchase of the Toulan Fanoos thingy. A whooping 13k of them if your curious about it.) :lolup:

I mentioned it in a thread on another site ;) but if we could two modes on our inventories and storage where we could switch between the classic graphic one and one based on a text list, just like the auction it would

i) Reduce load times as only text is required except for double clicking where the normal item info would appear when people have lots of items in storage.

ii) Mean that when an item grows in the number of spaces it needs, this has happened many times in the past, it would not affect the text based version.

iii) Reduce the occurances where people select the wrong item, i.e. the oreamp L and UL mix ups where people tt, sell, drop the wrong one when doing bulk exchanges.

iV) Allow easier sorting and selection, i.e. alphabetically, type, quantity and tt value.

I made that on EF two years ago. Sadly it didn't get anywhere. Although it was for storage it could equally apply to what we're carrying.

I made that on EF two years ago. Sadly it didn't get anywhere. Although it was for storage it could equally apply to what we're carrying.

Two years ago and still nothing huh? No dice for what I'm wishing then...:cry:

For the past couple of weeks I've been heavily into Skyrim, all the storage and inventory are text based lists.

Although not sortable, it appears to be in alphabetical and category, I'd hate to have to go through the number of items I've got stashed away already as just icons.

Back