How does Tax work for mining claims?

-Hades-

Old
Dominik Hades Thalmann
Hi,

I just wondered how does the tax-system works for mining claims. So if you find a piece of a valuable ore or enmatter, lets say dunkel. Does Mindarks system give something on top to pay the land-owner? Because you cant split a dunkel-enmatter as you could suggest when it comes to hunting, I always thought the system "gives away" some ammo from my loot as tax-payment.

Hi,

I just wondered how does the tax-system works for mining claims. So if you find a piece of a valuable ore or enmatter, lets say dunkel. Does Mindarks system give something on top to pay the land-owner? Because you cant split a dunkel-enmatter as you could suggest when it comes to hunting, I always thought the system "gives away" some ammo from my loot as tax-payment.

they get % in peds daily of all loot in the LA in peds.

Yeah sure but isnt it the way that these taxes (or at least the part for my loot) are deducted from my personal loot?

I always assumed that if that you will not get that type of ore, etc. if after the tax deduction the value is less than the single unit of that item. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise yet.

Hi,

Some Uber hunters who hunt every day , and made alot of tests, noticed that they have same return in taxed and untaxed areas.

seems Mindark does not calculate it from return loot, or maby does not calculate at all from loot.

Kim "calypso once sayd that people think wrong how tax is calculated. So maby tax % is reduced from Mindark side , not from player.

It is a conflicting observation. The plain concept is the tax comes out of your pool. However, hunters have done long tests (which I have the numbers) that suggest little to no variation in a medium size sample. What makes me believe that is when you get a full tt item in loot and only this on a taxed la. This wouldn't be possible or extremely unlikely. Also dropping proves for lidacon at 5% and only getting one ore (3.5ped). My thought process is that you get loot normally and the tax comes from the server pool.. which means greater tax percentage increases volatility. That seems to be my experience. In the end, all that matters is the markup of the items you are getting and any rebate events or programs to make it worth while to hunt or mine on taxed LAS like www.tiny.cc/arkla6 which explains what is running on my LA and to some degree 8coins on arkadia.

The easy test is for me to crank up tax to 99% and see what happens but the 12h cool down on changing it back makes that complicated.

The easy test is for me to crank up tax to 99% and see what happens but the 12h cool down on changing it back makes that complicated.

i think the max tax u can set is 10%, or im wrong?

Try these, Noodles post half way down the first link is the best hypothesis i have read.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...04-Mining-in-taxed-ares&highlight=mining+test

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?132510-Mining-loot-analysis

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: For ease of searching

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Noodles

Feel free to read through the following thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...-loot-analysis

In this thread are some data taken a few years ago, and a subsequent analysis. The data suggest the following:

0. NRF or claim is determined.

1. Loot size is determined based on drop cost and a 'random' multiplier (note this is not usually the loot you actually get). Example, your drop cost 2 PED, with a 1.030 multiplier, so loot size is 2.060 PED.

2. Tax is applied. For the example in a 5.00% tax area, the land owner gets 0.0500*2.060 = 0.1030 PED. Your loot size is now 2.060 - 0.1030 = 1.957 PED. This is still not the loot you actually get.

3. Resource type is determined. Note that resource type could be determined earlier (like step 0.5). Timing of resource determination doesn't really affect this description of taxation and loot value.

4. Your loot size (1.957 PED) is rounded to a whole number of resource units. Example, if you've found gold stone, you will receive either 1 or 2 stones (at 1.00 PED per stone).

5. The rounding is done probabilistically, with more chance given to the number of stones that is closest in value to your loot size. In this case, since 2 stones (2 PED) is closer to 1.957 PED than is 1 stone (1 PED), you are more likely to get 2 stones. However, the chance of getting 1 stone is about 4.3%, with about a 95.7% chance of getting two stones.

6. The probabilities even out, such that if you found an infinite number of gold claims with loot size 1.957 PED, the weighted average of 1 PED and 2 PED loots would be 1.957 PED.

This hypothesis does predict that it is possible to turn a claim into a NRF, if you happen to round down to 0 resource units (may happen for high tt resources).

This hypothesis has not been proven beyond doubt, but it is consistent with the observed data.

There may be other hypotheses that also explain the data, and we might be unable to differentiate between them.

In conclusion, land owner always gets some tax from your claim, and you, on average, get the rest.

Best Wishes,

Noodles

There is some truth to the above commentary and does apply to instances and hunting based on my own observations and published numbers on PAF.

Back