When to drop probes?

Society
Freelancer
xo TRAP ox
Hi everyone, so I was wondering on planetside how far away to drop probes. I do not use the mining log app. I like to run when I drop probes also. and I usually count 15 seconds in between. Can anyone tell me if there is a easier way? and I know it's 55m, so does that mean when I drop probes, I run 55m then 55more and then drop? thank for any suggestions

110 metres yes

Count 20-23 seconds instead, depending on your running speed. To avoid any overlap you'll have to run 110m between drops for NRFs, less if you find claims.

When u will become a heavy miner you will see space is relative.
Just keep drooping 5 in 5 seconds on rebomb and 10 sec on nrf no stop.
All rest is luck and knowledge about places.

Count 20-23 seconds instead, depending on your running speed. To avoid any overlap you'll have to run 110m between drops for NRFs, less if you find claims.

Wow this might be a good reason why I was doing so bad. I did a 1800 ped run yesterday. I used 4 light lvl2, lvl5, 2 lvl8's, and a lvl 10 and only got back 718ped tt. I was a little upset, but u live and learn.

Wow this might be a good reason why I was doing so bad. I did a 1800 ped run yesterday. I used 4 light lvl2, lvl5, 2 lvl8's, and a lvl 10 and only got back 718ped tt. I was a little upset, but u live and learn.

Yes that sounds like a strategy for disaster. I recommend trying out LBML, you'll be able to see what your drop radii really look like and drop for optimal returns.

I personally:
Count about 12 seconds planetside and drop as soon as reload on foma-like places. (but I have decent stamina and speed also, more time between needed for slower runners)
* or the new metabolic boost gear which would increase the drop rate/ decrease the time needed

Double bomb on claims for that type (get ore re-bomb ore, get both re-bomb both ect)
Stagger the next line for circular overlap.

kinda like:
0-0-0
-0-0-
0-0-0

And let my skills point me in a direction if its not a dome.

The spheres should overlap some so the depth gets averaged down, IMO anyhow.

*If you play eve and have used probes, imagine the probe spheres as the bombs, and line them up, all touching. You have some gaps in depth due to the curve as soon as you touch the next sphere(where there is nothing to be found, even if its 20m down), with overlap you gain a better average depth/ higher signal strength. )

Last edited:
I personally:
Count about 12 seconds planetside and drop as soon as reload on foma-like places. (but I have decent stamina and speed also, more time between needed for slower runners)
Double bomb on claims for that type (get ore re-bomb ore, get both re-bomb both ect)
Stagger the next line for circular overlap.

kinda like:
0-0-0
-0-0-
0-0-0

And let my skills point me in a direction if its not a dome.

The spheres should overlap some so the depth gets averaged down, IMO anyhow.

*If you play eve and have used probes, imagine the probe spheres as the bombs, and line them up, all touching. You have some gaps in depth due to the curve as soon as you touch the next sphere(where there is nothing to be found, even if its 20m down), with overlap you gain a better average depth.

Claims don't have depth until found.

Thanks for the info, And another thing I'm using f-105 and it's at tier 2.9 is it really worth tiering up?

Thanks for the info, And another thing I'm using f-105 and it's at tier 2.9 is it really worth tiering up?

Only if your going to use enhancer's in my view. Only thing it does is increas the MU but you're paying for the MU by tieiring it.

Anyway on another view. Idk why anyone would refuse or not want to use LBMT. Honestly the best thing that's happened to mining. Takes the guess work out of everything.

short answer; No, better to get a f-106 instead and then if you really want more depth/range or whatever you tier that one up

Anyway on another view. Idk why anyone would refuse or not want to use LBMT.

Because the last time I checked, all the high MU resources were conveniently missing from their public data. Why would you give away your secrets? Your favorite spots are now in their database.

There's no skill to mining. Just run and drop. Returns will average out over the long term.

CO

I typically mine both ore and enmat at the same time. Drop 1 ore, run 55 meters, drop 1 enmat, run 55 meters, then repeat, this way I drop more probes and avoid overlap of each type. Also, if I find a claim, I usually drop same probe right at claim marker, many times I get another claim, and have even global'd and hoffed from those drops. That's my method and I'm sticking to it. Mining is not my major profession.

Claims don't have depth until found.

claims aint there before u drop a bomb

and also u can press P (i think it was P) for coordinates.. and from there u can see when u have moved 110m coz using this second counting tactic is rubbish because u can have more agility than others

I typically mine both ore and enmat at the same time. Drop 1 ore, run 55 meters, drop 1 enmat, run 55 meters, then repeat, this way I drop more probes and avoid overlap of each type. Also, if I find a claim, I usually drop same probe right at claim marker, many times I get another claim, and have even global'd and hoffed from those drops. That's my method and I'm sticking to it. Mining is not my major profession.

yep some say rebombing claim is a bad thing but its hard to stop it when most of ur big claims have come from these drops

I love ur method of mining, think I'm gonna start doing it aswell. thnx

110 meters is the best method, most logical and not that hard. I don't understand why someone would think that dropping by seconds is easier. :confused:

Back