Question: Same old question but I would like an update.

Yes, a pool for each kind of mobs. If it was based on chances, the currently dominating in hunting activity LT/Eomons would steal all chances from other mobs.

How do you figure? If you have a million cards in a bin, each with a number 1 to 100 on them, it doesn't reduce your chance of getting a high number just because someone else is pulling cards out too. Why would high multipliers preferentially be assigned to LT and Eomons?

When it comes to hunting, look at bond theory. I haven't found it deviating from it yet. Crafting and mining are different as it does not have the gap between 90% and 3.5x.

In the end, it is about markup and not chasing TT. Hunt what makes sense for what you want to achieve and not that it is going to HOF.

How do you figure? If you have a million cards in a bin, each with a number 1 to 100 on them, it doesn't reduce your chance of getting a high number just because someone else is pulling cards out too. Why would high multipliers preferentially be assigned to LT and Eomons?

Yeah. I think it just APPEARS as if longtooth and eomon have a bigger lootpool; when in actuality there just happens to be a larger playerbase hunting those particular mobs.

About this loot theory stuff. I'm very skeptical of all theories because before you can present a theory you should ask yourself; "would this lead to an imbalance?"

If the answer is yes. Then more than likely the theory is false.

Nonetheless here's a possible theory..

At times it seems as if the globals are coming in waves though. I've noticed that it isn't uncommon for it to go some time with no globals, and then all of a sudden there's a big chain of globals popping up one after the next. So, not sure.. but just an observation, wonder if the globals are on some kind of cycle... Maybe a big planet-wide or universal pool is filled to X amount threshold. Once that threshold is met (for MA to meet their quota etc.) a percentage of that pool is dropped on current activities (mining, hunting, crafting). Maybe?

Yes, a pool for each kind of mobs. If it was based on chances, the currently dominating in hunting activity LT/Eomons would steal all chances from other mobs. In reality, loot situation on other mobs doesn't differ greatly from pre-migration.

I disagree a little with that, the reason is: I watch all globals or at least try to and I have noticed that other mobs seem to be having higher loot now, after the migration started. Not necessarily more globals byt a bit larger.

Also on the card barrel thing, if there are more people shooting LT/Eomon they get more chances in the barrel, if I understand what your are saying. LT/Eomon have had almost 40K globals just in the 3 lowest maturity (young, mature, old).

At times it seems as if the globals are coming in waves though. I've noticed that it isn't uncommon for it to go some time with no globals, and then all of a sudden there's a big chain of globals popping up one after the next. So, not sure.. but just an observation, wonder if the globals are on some kind of cycle... Maybe a big planet-wide or universal pool is filled to X amount threshold. Once that threshold is met (for MA to meet their quota etc.) a percentage of that pool is dropped on current activities (mining, hunting, crafting). Maybe?
Gotta agree on this. Also, it logically leads to a theory that higher level players spend faster per minute, so they help fill the quota quicker when logged in and active in profession causing decay... especially in crafting's lootpool bucket... so ubers feed the n00bs somewhat at least in tt value...

loots/unsuccessful clicks = pecs/peds going in to the (hourly/quarter hourly payout) quota(s). more no loots systemwide = more peds to give away, which is why MA reduced no loots some so far, but has not completely done away with them.?

Last edited:
Yeah. I think it just APPEARS as if longtooth and eomon have a bigger lootpool; when in actuality there just happens to be a larger playerbase hunting those particular mobs.

About this loot theory stuff. I'm very skeptical of all theories because before you can present a theory you should ask yourself; "would this lead to an imbalance?"

If the answer is yes. Then more than likely the theory is false.

Yes they do come in waves, planet and continent specific. Several different waves.

As for lootpool yes each mob has it's own but also each spawn area and probably each maturity also. So my suggestion is go to a very hunted mob but in an area where nobody hunts. Then you fill up the area and take advantage of the mobs popularity. And just wait for the wave to come.

You should tell everybody that is a Quote from Marco in 2005, I didn't know and sure some of the others didn't and what a crock!!!!

LOL Marco said ....

Never ending story :)

Back