When with the equip fee be removed from clothes?

KyrismaStarsong

Stalker
Society
Synergen
I remember seeing in the roadmap more than a few updates ago that the fee to equip clothes will be removed. It's been some time now, when can we expect to enjoy this aspect of the game duty free?

I would love this to happen - I haven't taken off my HTT cargo pants in over a year because they are about to break :laugh:

They're probably trying to work out how to separate the UL clothes and the L ones.

Next stage should be to reduce the tt value they need to look perfect.

Or more likely is that they've shelved the idea and are hoping we've forgotten about it ;)

I remember seeing in the roadmap more than a few updates ago that the fee to equip clothes will be removed. It's been some time now, when can we expect to enjoy this aspect of the game duty free?

Just stop taking ur clothes off :p

I would also like to know this! :)

bump for knowledge....

This is why I haven't bothered with the fashion aspect of the game.

That and there are also no tight-ass mini skirt (M) and Hello Kitty tube top (M) in game.

I thought only the armour equip fee would be removed? I'm pretty sure they never mentioned clothes

Still waiting for an answer, or for the fee to be removed. How about some feedback devs?

I thought only the armour equip fee would be removed? I'm pretty sure they never mentioned clothes

Armor fee was removed long time ago, long before that announcement.

As promised in the 2013 State of the Universe Address, MindArk implemented several changes and features that helped to reduce the overall cost to participate in Entropia Universe, including:
Removal or lowering of many unpopular fees, such as the armor equipping fee.

[....]

Continuing with the improvements made in 2013, MindArk plans to further improve average returns for many activities. One example would be the removal of the clothing equip fee in an upcoming platform release.
state of the universe 2014

Last edited:
if they would remove the stupid equip fee and the need to have them fully repaired (which goes into the 100s of peds) or lower that max tt at least, tailors could possibly even have some proper customer base again

where it was easily possible to have a whole assemble for a total of 10-20 ped tt in the past, those 20 ped are easily already taken by just one piece of clothing nowadays
so ppl think twice in in buying more and most of the time just leave it be

so if they revert the fee back and the max tt, that would be a pretty good thing imo

(and yes, i still lurk the forums here and there :p)

Removing armor feew made me using 7 sets regularly. I bet making such for clothes would result in same.
It's good for them as more peds are tighten in hi TT clothes repaired full to look well. WIth that equiping fee most of ppl is no bothering themseves with sets of clothes and usualy use one.

This is why I haven't bothered with the fashion aspect of the game.

That and there are also no tight-ass mini skirt (M) and Hello Kitty tube top (M) in game.

if they would remove the stupid equip fee and the need to have them fully repaired (which goes into the 100s of peds) or lower that max tt at least, tailors could possibly even have some proper customer base again

where it was easily possible to have a whole assemble for a total of 10-20 ped tt in the past, those 20 ped are easily already taken by just one piece of clothing nowadays
so ppl think twice in in buying more and most of the time just leave it be

so if they revert the fee back and the max tt, that would be a pretty good thing imo

(and yes, i still lurk the forums here and there :p)

Removing armor feew made me using 7 sets regularly. I bet making such for clothes would result in same.
It's good for them as more peds are tighten in hi TT clothes repaired full to look well. WIth that equiping fee most of ppl is no bothering themseves with sets of clothes and usualy use one.

I hope the Devs are at least reading this thread. I'm willing to bet the general sediment of the entire playerbase can been summed up with these three posts. Even Alice has something to say on the subject, and thats no small thing. Maybe if the fees were removed more old time players who have moved on would have an excuse to spend some new time in game. Maybe we could even get Alice himself playing again, which would be great, we miss him!

Clothes decay should not be removed, everything must decay, i really wish the shop rental fee will be reintroduced.

Clothes decay should not be removed, everything must decay, i really wish the shop rental fee will be reintroduced.

Yeah right, lets also make avatars age, and once they are 90-100 weeks old they die and get removed from the game, with skills and everything. For teh realism!

Maybe we could even get Alice himself playing again, which would be great, we miss him!

heh, that would prolly take a bit more doing, but considering im more or less gone since 2 years? now and my ambu coat still wasnt fixed look wise, i don't think clothes are a too high priority for MA :D

heh, that would prolly take a bit more doing, but considering im more or less gone since 2 years? now and my ambu coat still wasnt fixed look wise, i don't think clothes are a too high priority for MA :D

Maybe Kim could comment on why some of these old Calypso textures remain unfixed. The other planet partners are able to fix their textures quickly. Is it a question of low priority or are there other issues?

Yeah right, lets also make avatars age, and once they are 90-100 weeks old they die and get removed from the game, with skills and everything. For teh realism!

Having our avatars age is not a bad idea, the dieing part is however not. Plus rep to you good sir!.

Ummm if they removed the fee to equip/unequip cloths would that not mean you can wear forever with out decay?

How would clothing decay if removed, if decay is removed why even have value on cloths because is all speculative.

As clothing decays it looks shittier so you have to keep it repaired and make sense, why would they remove decay on cloths?

What needs to be fixed is Texturing and Painting L clothing it decays every attempt that is stupid, taking on and off makes sense to decay clothing but texturing the L stuff and decaying it is totally stupid.

Ummm if they removed the fee to equip/unequip cloths would that not mean you can wear forever with out decay?

How would clothing decay if removed, if decay is removed why even have value on cloths because is all speculative.

As clothing decays it looks shittier so you have to keep it repaired and make sense, why would they remove decay on cloths?

What needs to be fixed is Texturing and Painting L clothing it decays every attempt that is stupid, taking on and off makes sense to decay clothing but texturing the L stuff and decaying it is totally stupid.

If you really started to play in January 2001...
I think 1-2 years before you started playing there was no decay on changing clothes if i remember correct.
The average MU on clothes was a LOT higher than it is in present day.
Paint cans had high MU % cause they were pretty rare in loot.

I would love it if the equip fee would be removed. I have to try on the clothes that I sell all the time to make sure things match and then if they don't match I have to keep trying stuff on until they do. Lots of wasted ped there. Most annoying thing is that when you take off your amour, your shoes come off with it.

That said, I think the existing texture problem is more of an issue atm, where all textures that were applied under 100% are bugged and don't look right anymore. Was hoping they would fix it in this update as half of the clothes in my shop were applied with at least 1 field under 100% and now look like crap. (had to take them out and they have been sitting idle in my storage for the past 2 months). I'm sure there's also plenty of people out there wondering why their outfit looks messed up now.

Wow, pretty sad that I can't get an answer on this. Not even something as simple as "we changed our minds". Why even bother having an Ask the Devs section?

It's such a bitch now too because the Harrier armor can't be worn with coats, etc. So every time I equip this it nu-equips my clothes. Great this super cheap "eco" armor now costs equip fee ....

I haven't seen a replay from official MA on any topic on these forums since shrapnel was introduced. Not even sure they still come here.

equip fee on clothes is a major pain in the ass on cyrene if you plan to use the hub much at all. The main terminals for tt, auction, etc. are not down there in the hub, so you have to pay the equip fee every time you do pvp in hub if you want to come back upstairs with any clothes on to access the auction, etc. I guess you could run around in underwear all day and never wear any clothes but we don't need a planet full of nekkid avatars... Kinda wish they'd change the hub so that regular clothes worked there since clothes don't give you any pvp bonus as far as I know. Armor might, but not clothes.

Last edited:
Wow, pretty sad that I can't get an answer on this. Not even something as simple as "we changed our minds". Why even bother having an Ask the Devs section?

You're not getting an answer on this because without the equip fee currently the clothes produce no decay. Thus they make MA no money existing.

Clothing would need to have a feature added that produced decay before this could be removed.

Asking it to be removed, but yet offering no methodology for the publisher to make money off of their existence is asking for something for free.

That is unreasonable.

Hence the question is unreasonable.

Hence why you do not get your answer.

I hope this clarifies the problem <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
So... Is this equip fee 10 PED or something? While I knew it was there, I never noticed it.

It makes perfect sense and I would hate to see it removed.

So... Is this equip fee 10 PED or something? While I knew it was there, I never noticed it.

It makes perfect sense and I would hate to see it removed.

it decays the clothes. which sucks on (L) clothes

Back