Epic Interplanetary Robot Invasion Event

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
I would like to see an Epic Interplanetary Robot Invasion Event that consists of Robot Attack Ships appearing in space and systematically going from planet to planet attacking everything in space with robots invading each planet, one after the other.

With each planet, the fight would ensue in space against massive shared loot robot attack ships, and like migration, the battle area would continuously shift... Moving from space station to space station and through lootable space. Once arriving at a planet's space station and after defeating the players, hoards of existing and new types of robots would invade the planet in various places. They would methodically move from one part of the planet to the other, like migration and once defeated on the planet, or once their objective on that planet is achieved, they would retreat to their attack ships in space and slowly make their way to the next planet, one after another.

Something like this could easily become the most epic event ever and might be well suited to summer, as a means to keep people as active as possible during the slowest time of year for video games.

Perhaps the first annual event could end with the robots victoriously conquering Next Island, Calypso's neglected outpost, and maintain a year round presence there as a means to renew interest and relevancy in that planet.

Just think of the crazy stuff Robots could do with some of the Next Island technology.

Last edited:
Judgement day is inevitable...............

Great idea HW

good idea except for the lootable space part

'yes! I just HOFFED huge on that robot ship'
10 seconds later, you are at revive and some scumbag 'rat has your loot

Well, considering the defense force would be less willing to engage the Robot Attack Ships in lootable areas, inevitably they would advance through those areas much more quickly since only the best equipped Motherships and Privateers would be willing to mount an attack.

Exactly. It won't work in space. Idea is Nice though. Epic like the first great robot war that took place in zychion all those years ago.

Last edited:
maybe, they could the event area non pvp, might help.

plus drones in hawaiian shirts, would love to see that :D

+ rep Hardwrath

As a former Pre-VU 10 player myself I do miss the old robot invasions that MA used to hold annually. I think there is a lot of possibility with the new planets and even space itself to make it more fun and maybe get people to explore a bit more.

Exactly. It won't work in space.

Well, there is a such thing as mothership and privateer owners who have made a substantial investment in the SI of their ship. So just because it won't work for a Sleipnir owner, doesn't mean the event won't work at all. After all, those ships are already in lootable PVP hunting every single day.

The concept is to have a comprehensive and massive event, with different phases for different types of players. In terms of the space battles, it should be obvious that the main parts of it that have the most participation would take place in the safe non-lootable space around space stations.

I see this working very well when Ark and Cyrene fail, and they use the robot attack as deletion for those planets...

What? We can all dream, right?

I see this working very well when Ark and Cyrene fail, and they use the robot attack as deletion for those planets...

Why would they delete the planets? That doesn't make sense. Also, with all information that's available, Cyrene and especially Arkadia are successful.

Would love such an event - the lootable pvp part just adds the extra spice - whoever is going to try to loot a fellow player during an event with many players is going to face being lootet himself shortly after - and some ships out there are quite capable of defending themself especially when operating with event sized crew :)

I like that idea!
Always camped the old robo wars and spend my last ammo and underpants to be able to kill that bastards :)

It seems i have a hate love to robots, since i got killed very fast at my first day in PE by a drone.

Id love an epic space event :love:

Lets do it :D :cool:

Id love an epic space event :love:

Lets do it :D :cool:

Imagine if some unlimited Quad-Wings looted from it... Or even a new class of attack ship :eyecrazy:

It would work in space. Some of us don't play the role of victim well. If I'm going to shoot a robot ship I darned sure ain't worried about an intellectually challenged idiot in another Quad.

Great idea HW :)

Imagine if some unlimited Quad-Wings looted from it... Or even a new class of attack ship :eyecrazy:

They have the abilty.

Remember the hunt the perception? Link
That was fab! Almost every ship in space alive and fighting - to loot MA's ship of her gold.

1_632659.jpg

:)

Then when Banshee came to play? That was a blast! Seems MA do enjoy some space fun

Link

In his UL Quad, which could hit 10X faster and harder than any other quad.. and his rk50!
banshee.jpg

These little thing make space legendary and so much fun :) :cool:

The War with Akbal-Cimi should be fought in our skies, and descend on our planets, fully immersive, fantastic story line game play :)

I have often dreamed of this :ahh::ahh::ahh:

Bonnie dreams

They could just switch of Lootable in space, for that event.

Let's say the humans have a tech to prodect space and all ppl are in aliance, so we all fight against robots and not against each other.

Have there been any successful similar events in lootable PVP?

They could just switch of Lootable in space, for that event.

Let's say the humans have a tech to prodect space and all ppl are in aliance, so we all fight against robots and not against each other.

Have there been any successful similar events in lootable PVP?

You were around for hunt the perception Neil? It was a bit rag tag, but it some how worked.

If it were to work efficienty again , I'd suggest , like HardWrath, it should descend from space to the planets. So have an awesome fighty pvp hard core bitey space part, and also bring it down to planet. So those who enjoy either side, can partake :) Also, importantly, the story :)

I will sure be up in space, giving it my damndess!
:handgun::handgun::handgun:

You were around for hunt the perception Neil? It was a bit rag tag, but it some how worked.

If it were to work efficienty again , I'd suggest , like HardWrath, it should descend from space to the planets. So have an awesome fighty pvp hard core bitey space part, and also bring it down to planet. So those who enjoy either side, can partake :) Also, importantly, the story :)

Lootable PVP is fine for "hunt the boss" events where everyone can split right after the looting but I can't see it working for "invasion" type events.

About storyline, keep in mind that Caly is the only planet which has robots in its storyline. Not saying robots can't be done on other planets, just that it would be a new thing for them.

About storyline, keep in mind that Caly is the only planet which has robots in its storyline. Not saying robots can't be done on other planets, just that it would be a new thing for them.

Rocktropia: All the vixens are bots, there are also traditional Drones in the north section of bamf and If i remember right they are mentioned in some of the missions.

Next Island: Some of the NPCs are robots, and they are part of the story there along with the steampunk looking bots mobs there.

Arkadia: I was just looking up stuff on the ark underground this morning since I had never been there before, there are robot monsters there.

Cyrene: lots of robot mobs there.

Toulan: only planet I haven't been to yet....

Lootable PVP is fine for "hunt the boss" events where everyone can split right after the looting but I can't see it working for "invasion" type events.

If there were enough mobs for teams to work apart, or all mobs to be dmg loot shared then I cant see the issue. Just works like planet.

Sure its in PvP But MS (many) have tt's and with 19 guns and an exuberant of Si on some of them now, its about time it was put to use :)

Last edited:
Rocktropia: All the vixens are bots, there are also traditional Drones in the north section of bamf and If i remember right they are mentioned in some of the missions.

Next Island: Some of the NPCs are robots, and they are part of the story there along with the steampunk looking bots mobs there.

Arkadia: I was just looking up stuff on the ark underground this morning since I had never been there before, there are robot monsters there.

Cyrene: lots of robot mobs there.

Toulan: only planet I haven't been to yet....

Well, yes of course they have robots, but not robot invasions.

It's time to change that!! :wise:
Indeed! :)

(On the backstage, control over those events would be given to the PP ofc. Doubt there is any "universal event team" at MA anyway, it's the Caly team that organizes the events on Caly and Ark team on Ark. Althou, in this case they could assemble a special Universe-wide team, consisting ppl from every PP.)

Anyway, this is a great idea. Hope we can see this epic event one day!

+rep

nice ideas... but don't just make it a "migration with bots". Do more real "role playing" where community actions play a part in it all...

Remember the orbs/duchev logs sticking around due to community actions...

Remember Marika? In today's social media world with all sorts of real world devices with gps that allow for real world geocaching and roleplay... with compets coming being more social media based than most of eu.. there is all sorts of possibilities.

epic event on all eu related planets, including earth would bring a lot of needed media attention to this game. Hide coordinates of various things in daily finds in compet game... in real world gps locations that lead to other real world action (epic scavenger hunt irl... to gather needed supplies to send to in game places, and virtual assets showing up related in real time, which society can gather the most x,y, z with canned goods gathered going to real world charities in multiple real world countries, etc.) , in more active facebook websites related to eu, in dev posts on more community forums other than those 711 owns, etc.

ok.. just virtual this year due to lack of planning time... BUT start the buzz in MA and PPs in meetings for next year... with every year being bigger/better...

Last edited:
Well, this kind of event would give room for a good story line, thats for sure.

Exactly. It won't work in space. Idea is Nice though. Epic like the first great robot war that took place in zychion all those years ago.

Sure it would, see Max's comment before yours.

And those quads not willing to take the risk simply wait for the robots to land on the planet.

I'd much rather prefer revival of the dead planets. They should auction them off to active players with money.

Looking forward to this robot invasion. :yup:
When does it start?

Last edited:
Back