Entropia Universe 14.9 Release Notes

Just wondering what will happen to all the crafters if people can turn into mobs anonymously and walk past turrets to pk people in non-pvp areas.
If you add looting possibility to this then the crafters will be targetted by other players as they are sitting ducks with lots of lootable resources.

That'd never happen, though. PvP looting never has been allowed outside areas that require specific actions to enter (space needs thruster, pvp3-4 needs toxic shot), and it never will.

If it does, I'll eat my Mindforce implant :silly2:

Just wondering what will happen to all the crafters if people can turn into mobs anonymously and walk past turrets to pk people in non-pvp areas.
If you add looting possibility to this then the crafters will be targetted by other players as they are sitting ducks with lots of lootable resources.

crafters can hire bodyguards for the time of crafting

I can't download the latest VU, it keep saying I need to repair it and download a 33.13MB file, but it gets error again and start all of it again, I can't play at all.

you won't be looted by mobs outside pvp3/4. and pretty sure we'll have a no creature zone in ah...just give it a week or 2

Introducing: Creature Control System.

There is no new skill attached to this new feature ?

Skill to become a mob ? Skill to use (in all forms of use) a mob ?

May be funny for a while, but will this last ?
Or we have to wait for arenas...

You won't get loot when you as a mob kill an avatar. When you kill a player-controlled creature you do get loot.

Melee bug, otherwise all is fine.

Seems somewhat fun. I am waiting to spawn as an Araneatrox :silly2:

--
Edit: nvm the "fine" part. Sleep over quick fix.

Last edited:
From what it looks like on the guide the creature control pills will be trade able
the real question is does every mob now drop them and if so how rare is the drop

It is now possible to take the role of a ferocious creature and start hunting other avatars!

While in creature form you can harm other avatars even in safe zones, but they can also harm you.

While in creature form you are anonymous, i.e. other avatars can not see your Avatar identity.

Those two factors together = disaster.

MA will need to hire more people to answer support cases of pissed players.
It is sure that there will be loads of cases of harassing certain players, like 'favorite' trader or crafter in their usual place, or 'favorite' hunter on miner in their places. Not to mention defenseless noobs around their usual places...

Either make identity visible (that would prevent abusing system and destroying fun for others) or make killing possible only in certain places.
As it is now it is asking for a trouble and making game less fun for those killed when doing minding their own business.

On top of that I wonder if MA tested if those spawned mobs can enter event areas during events like event on LA.
This could lead to gangbanging certain players in those events, again making it very frustrating and not fair (in my book).
Conversely it would be good option for LandGrab.

Last edited:
sounds fun. for once Im glad Im at work for a VU :laugh:

Seems more like "Creature Troll System" to me. What exactly can a player gain from doing this other than getting in the new hof section for it?

Edit to add: If it gets out of hand, I can see players having to meet in remote places in order to conduct trade rather than get harassed at the regular trading areas.

Interesting idea by MA to cause people more decay - either put on armor and fight back or allow yourself to get ganked.

Last edited:
Seems more like "Creature Troll System" to me. What exactly can one gain from doing this other than getting in the new hof section for it?

I havent read a whole lot about this really, but if you can loot players in pvp4, that would be pretty useful? :acid:

Seems more like "Creature Troll System" to me. What exactly can one gain from doing this other than getting in the new hof section for it?

well people have been begging about more 'fun' stuff, guess that this falls in to that category and just isn't for you.

Edit to add: If it gets out of hand, I can see players having to meet in remote places in order to conduct trade rather than get harassed at the regular trading areas.

Or just meet indoors, where most mobs probably can't reach you :cool:

Actually, maybe Zychion can become a new trading place? Up on the broken roads should be a rather safe spot?

Might be a good time to sell the trusty ES500 ;p

Sure, I can see the fun in it for both sides if they want to participate in it.

But what about the times when you don't want to participate in it. Like when you just want to conduct regular business - p2p trade, hang out without worrying about decay.

Will creatures be allowed in buildings, ie service centers, malls, hangers, banks, etc? What if you want to go shopping. Do yoiu now have to go around carrying armor, weapons and ammo with you just in case you run into a pack of atrox while cruising the mall looking for a new island shirt?

Seems more like "Creature Troll System" to me. What exactly can a player gain from doing this other than getting in the new hof section for it?
What people gain from doing killing sprees other than a place on the hof board? I never understood it but apparently it has something to do with the dominance hierarchy in human societies :naughty: :D

wow, that was fast moving :D now give me some creature pills :D

also it's only for pvp i guess? so transforming into a snable won't be much fun

it said in safe areas and invulnerable to turrets. doesnt sound like pvp only to me. sounds like you can attack people in cities let alone no pvp areas

What people gain from doing killing sprees other than a place on the hof board? I never understood it but apparently it has something to do with the dominance hierarchy in human societies :naughty: :D

Ahh yes, achieving glory by preying on the weak. Yummy. :tongue2:

Are the controlled mob lootable?!

Sure sound like fun, but think about the scenario:
You are out hunting, and already have 1-2 mobs on you who gives you problem, and suddenly a moron is in controlled mob and run towards you and fks things up. Or a miner who have no protection or weapons to defend him self.

anyhow, i like the idea of this, but... avatar name should be shown and I hope the controlled mob is set to shared loot.

There are old skills attached, guess which? You might like it, you did want a use for them for long time :)

Saturday Scan Controlled Mob Event !!!

... If that's a community wish, i'll do it again.

anyhow, i like the idea of this, but... avatar name should be shown and I hope the controlled mob is set to shared loot.

I also hope that:
  • controlled mobs have zero regen, and
  • avatars who have damaged a controlled mob get loot even if it dies because its time expires.
Otherwise, shooting at controlled mobs would be almost guaranteed waste.

I think it will be fun...so what if a creature occasionally kills people in twins or something...plus, I am betting the big creatures will be very expensive. Most will be smaller mobs I bet...someone trying to troll twins with a foul will just get laughed at anyhow :)

Yes you get loot from controlled mobs, (previously) they could be shared loot or not shared loot... hopefully they will all be shared loot, I think that's the only viable option. The timer in the info page showed a max time of like 15 minutes, so a mob only has limited time to regen... unless they buy more minutes (peds? how expensive?).

It is sure that there will be loads of cases of harassing certain players, like 'favorite' trader or crafter in their usual place, or 'favorite' hunter on miner in their places. Not to mention defenseless noobs around their usual places...

Well, some traders will finally have people (er, not really people) lining up to see them... :laugh:

As for newbies, I'm starting to suspect this is somehow connected with Port Atlantis Area being cleared of almost all normal mobs.

I think it will be fun...so what if a creature occasionally kills people in twins or something...plus, I am betting the big creatures will be very expensive. Most will be smaller mobs I bet...someone trying to troll twins with a foul will just get laughed at anyhow :)

I want a Formicacida to go fast, kill, and hide !!!
But no need, people cant know who i am :)

Tantardion might not have much success,
the timeout will be reached before we can do anything :whistle:

Yeah yeah, heard that before so many times... To quote Yoda "Do or do not. There is no try." :silly2:

Yeah? Really? I just went 3 months without logging in earlier this year. It is rather easy for me these days to step away. I was actually surprised how little I actually want to log in anymore. Regardless, you wont see me globalling anymore, I can guarantee that, until MA has some fucking standards about what they do to players (whether or not it was a PP's fault), I will stop depositing, and sure as hell will stop cycling.

Ok you were right this time :)

Rage over...I am not quitting. Mohammed confirms over on Toulan forum that this is indeed a mistake and will get fixed. (He also says do NOT repair them right now)

http://www.toulanforum.com/forum/sho...ted=1#post2397

My only issue was getting killed while crafting from these thins but sounds like they require large open space.. thus mobile stations will be safe but open quarry would not.

Yeah, looks like those that dont want to deal with it will just move indoors. Twin Peaks traders will move into the bank or the Twin Peaks Mall roof tp.

edit: oh wait nvm. too much open space to turn into creature

Back