Entropia Universe 14.9 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
General:
Improved client stability.
!
Introducing: Creature Control System.
It is now possible to take the role of a ferocious creature and start hunting other avatars!
So how do you do this?
By consuming a Creature Control Capsule you can transform into a creature and gain it’s abilities, this will lock most of your regular actions and instead open up a new Creature Control Interface.
While in creature form you can harm other avatars even in safe zones, but they can also harm you.
The duration of the transformation is controlled by a timer, however it is possible to extend the time using the "Add time" feature.

Additional information:

• Creature Controlled Capsules can be found in creature loot.
  • While in creature form you are anonymous, i.e. other avatars can not see your Avatar identity
  • Planet specific creature capsules can only be used on corresponding planets.
  • Dying in creature form will end the transformation and send you to nearest revive terminal.
  • You cannot swim and will drown while in creature form, but you are free of fall damage.
  • Creatures need clear open area to be able to spawn, bigger the creature, bigger area.
  • Defense turrets can not harm you in creature form.
  • A new Hall of Fame section has been added to cover the top Creature Control players.
  • When dying as a creature the avatar will be transported to closest revive terminal

Beginners guide web page:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/beginners-guide/creature-control-system/

Features

A Private Message (PM) notification on the main chat window. Different settings for the PM notification can be set in the Options panels HUD section.
Adjustments

Increased summoning mining claim to 100 meters range to make it easier for those who cannot reach their claims.

Bug Fixes

• Passengers should no longer be able to spawn with “Arrival Safe” protection after a Privater/Mothership has been destroyed
  • Some coloring and material customizing where they replaced model material has now been fixed
  • Fixed some issues with avatar animation transition
  • Fixed an issue where the chat still could freeze if team names had special characters
  • Effect over time should now be displayed correctly in the Auction
  • Various small bug fixes.
    !
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

wow, that was fast moving :D now give me some creature pills :D

also it's only for pvp i guess? so transforming into a snable won't be much fun

[*]Fixed an issue where the chat still could freeze if team names had special characters
I can enable globals on the chat again? Well, nice, might even touch the game now.

Now it seems scanning creatures have a value...

36znnh1xeup4m5z6w7459fvewigsdww

This looks very interesting, good job!

new bugs encountered.

Already had reports in chat of screwed up colours on vehicles. Haven't checked myself as my coloured ones are in planet storage.

More worryingly...

Avatar name:it seems that in trade windows not all items show their proper TT value
Avatar name: for instance I am trading almost 40PED worth of Carabok hides with a society member
Avatar name: and its value shows up in the trade as 0

and when you hunt other avatars as animal, what happens when you kill the avatar? does it get looted? and what happens when the avatar kills me while i´m an animal? can i be looted?

Umm. my skildek decimators i had in storage and inventory is gone ? bring em back please. :mad:

Umm. my skildek decimators i had in storage and inventory is gone ? bring em back please. :mad:

Ye so is mine :mad:

PS: Also crazy lag atm at small LT all standing and waiting for loot and chat, but i gues it all over the place.

Am I the only one that thinks that turrets not harming controlled mobs is a very bad idea?

Like say, who will protect PA and Icarus and Half Moon Bay ?

Am I the only one that thinks that turrets not harming controlled mobs is a very bad idea?

Like say, who will protect PA and Icarus and Half Moon Bay ?
Or 10 creatures raping the traders at Twin.

LT server completely fucked.

Was out hunting took down 3 LT figured loot lagg. Al of a sudden the LT couldnt hit me while I could hit them. I cant use chatt either. Figured owell 3 LTs lost might aswell relogg and now I cant get back in.

So far I have to admit VUs are becoming less and less full of bugs, and it's a really good feeling from player base side, expecially when new systems are implemented, thanks MA!

pvp intown, just what I've always wanted :mad:

The lag is strong ........

[System]: Failed to save client chat settings to server.

Well LT server has gone down. I got moved to another server

Yay! Mobtrains coming back! We will see cities be invaded again! Good fun! Can even make events of it, where a society gets a load of mobs together and attack a certain point.

Just wondering if controlled mobs will give loot to the killer as normal mobs do.

That is interesting they are reviving the defunct Investigator skills :wise:

Who else is having to download the game after doing update? Well not all of it is being re-downloaded but did have to go and re install the starter.

Nice creature control is live =)) Maybe thats why MA devs were spawning some mobs at twin peaks, final test?

Is everyone receiving time out login?

So far I have to admit VUs are becoming less and less full of bugs, and it's a really good feeling from player base side, expecially when new systems are implemented, thanks MA!

I hope you are kidding...because you basically posted this the second the patch was done. I find it hard to beleive that you checked all of EU for bugs/hidden nerfs/wtf's in a mere few minutes.

On another note, this one is FULL of bugs/hidden nerfs/wtf's

Skildek decimators not displaying
Mirath sharpshot and fatal shot confirmed nerfed (81 range down to 33).
Jaseem hat now 350 tt instead of 40 Most toulan clothing tt raised by 500%, costing me thousands
My Wazir Pleats show "52.00/7.50 PED"
People locked out of foma as claims expiring
Oh! and....L bp books look like someone wiped their ass with them.
MM harness not displaying....these I found in the first five minutes....will update with more.

Wow!!! fancy new repair bill!

How the fuck does the repair window do its math?

Now I have over 30 items from toulan that need a few thousand ped now just to be full tt again. This is the most blatant PED stealing I ever saw. You WILL NOT see me in game playing anymore when they treat us like this.

Selling thread being made today.

EDIT: Rage over...I am not quitting :D Mohammed confirms over on Toulan forum that this is indeed a mistake and will get fixed. (He also says do NOT repair them right now)

http://www.toulanforum.com/forum/showthread.php?968-Clothes-max-TT-increase&p=2397&posted=1#post2397

Last edited:
Entropia Universe
5 mins ·

Lag issues in todays release.

Some users are experiencing lag like behavior on some servers. The developers are working on resolving the associated issues asap. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

[System]: Failed to save client chat settings to server.
Error: Unknown error

can do everything i like, but all mobs dont give loot... wtf...

My Wazir Pleats show "52.00/7.50 PED"

That's happened with other items in the past, when the TT value has been modified and lowered... At least you won't have to repair it for quite some time? :silly2:

same issues here. killing stuff and not getting loot. disconnected and cant get back in.. loosing is the new way of winning!

Back