MindArk Protects Community

KullXP

Prowler
Society
~ZEN~
Kull KullXP Holland
deactivated

Last edited:
that's the best thing i've seen/heard last 3 years :D Gz man !

Now this is good to see :), hopefully will deter others from coming to EU to scam/steal.

Good work Kim :).

Really pleased to see this!

I suspect that scam accusations are not always as cut and dried as forum posts may initially make them seem, but in the cases where it is, wonderful to see MA get involved and right the ship!

Thanks MA, the overall improvement in your customer relations on many fronts this past year has been refreshing and I know many of us are noticing and appreciating your efforts.

Storm

Some faith being restored right here

nice to see!

So any more detail on what this scam was about and what was returned?

Good job, but Kim was quick to comment that he makes an exception, it wouldn't happen if the scammer sold the item to someone instead of tt'ing it. So while it's nice, it unfortunately doesn't change anything in the long term.

IT is awesome they got it resolved, but it does send a confusing message about the policy, and who they apply it to.

Typically if someone TT's something on accident it costs 1k PED to recover.
Typically all trades are final.

Both of these policies other players before these had no option for remedy and flat out lost items or paid $ for a mistake, and yet both were waived here.

How many support cases pop up asking for other items back now? or in the future?

To some the thought may occur that hey, if I made a network of avatars in order to get back what I stole from myself due to this policy.....then support would have even harder times focusing on the real issues.

Its great this particular issue is resolved no doubt, but the situation at hand is:

The lack of monitoring for alternate accounts, and that issue is not fixed, and ultimately led to the loss.

That is not something worth congratulating, until it is safe for all IMO.

Kudos MA for making sure elaborate scammers dont go unpunished and their wrogn doings rectified in a sociable and feasible manner.

Makes me feel better and better about being loyal to MA with all my hard earned cash! Now, please put skill boost pills in the webshop at twenty cents a piece (batches of 5 dollars - unlimited quantity please), and I will be hooked FOREVER!!!

IT is awesome they got it resolved, but it does send a confusing message about the policy, and who they apply it to.

Typically if someone TT's something on accident it costs 1k PED to recover.
Typically all trades are final.

Both of these policies other players before these had no option for remedy and flat out lost items or paid $ for a mistake, and yet both were waived here.

How many support cases pop up asking for other items back now? or in the future?

To some the thought may occur that hey, if I made a network of avatars in order to get back what I stole from myself due to this policy.....then support would have even harder times focusing on the real issues.

Its great this particular issue is resolved no doubt, but the situation at hand is:

The lack of monitoring for alternate accounts, and that issue is not fixed, and ultimately led to the loss.

That is not something worth congratulating, until it is safe for all IMO.

i think there is alot situations and midark can decide when it is right to investigate and when it is not.
if scam trade made by stupidity, theyr fault. If account was stolen or smth, i think it has to be investigated.

Ofc mindark will get alot support cases now with any situation of scam. But Mindark works for community, they should help every people to resolve problems.(with money or wo them.)

Kudos MA for making sure elaborate scammers dont go unpunished and their wrogn doings rectified in a sociable and feasible manner.

Makes me feel better and better about being loyal to MA with all my hard earned cash! Now, please put skill boost pills in the webshop at twenty cents a piece (batches of 5 dollars - unlimited quantity please), and I will be hooked FOREVER!!!

Are you sure the "scammer" got "punished"? I more guess they took the tt value/item from their own MA/Calypso pocket and give the item back to the original owner, not sure they took any peds from the scammer.

Are you sure the "scammer" got "punished"? I more guess they took the tt value/item from their own MA/Calypso pocket and give the item back to the original owner, not sure they took any peds from the scammer.

there was a bug few years ago, because of lag you could be in 2 places at 1 time, identify that bug could seeing double chat in chat window.
I was in pvp4 and teleported to event area by pushing a button in event window. Suddenly i was left in pvp4 and same time hunted neconu in event area. Somehow i died and did not understood how, made delog and i was in akmuul teleport without loot.

Wrote a support asking why i lost 600 ped of my loot and revived in akmuul, instead when i was in neconu event.

answer was short :
saying that they see i was looted in pvp4 and in any mistake, they cannot return my money , because taht avatar who looted me was not fault, and they cannot summon or make ped from air, so best what they could do is to apolorgize me and leave me without any return believing that i will understand.

so in conclusion, there is no option in theyr policy to not get that money from scammer i think.

Good job, but Kim was quick to comment that he makes an exception, it wouldn't happen if the scammer sold the item to someone instead of tt'ing it. So while it's nice, it unfortunately doesn't change anything in the long term.

Which makes sense. If the item changes hands multiple times, then there are multiple people that need to be refunded, and can be very disruptive to play. If it's just the scammer who had the item and it gets TT'd, then there's no one else involved other than the scammer and the person scammed. The former scenario is normally why virtual items are rarely returned on most games even if the staff are the nicest people on earth. It's often logistically complicated, and you're disappointing many other players who might have included the item in a trade for other items.

Holy cow!

That is surprisingly great news!

Nice to see something positive!

Guess I am out of step with public opinion, but I think this is a dreadful mistake.

MA have set themselves up for a big fall.

Watch how the false accusations rise on the back of this, and expect legthy and protracted angst the next time MA refuses to act against someone accused.

Scammers are the shit of the earth, but MA IS NOT and SHOULD NOT BE setting themselves up as a Police Force.

Trouble ahead.....

Well.. Seems the bigger issue is that a high value item was provided to someone without collateral. Because if there was collateral, this would never happen.

Well.. Seems the bigger issue is that a high value item was provided to someone without collateral. Because if there was collateral, this would never happen.

Second that.
Best protection against scammers, is using your brain, and demanding colateral.

If they only did this all the time many players would return back ...

thats trully awesome
but now they have to return the stuff they stole du to bugs also :)
and do that for everyone that got scammed !

So any more detail on what this scam was about and what was returned?

Read all about it here, https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?264437-Multiple-Accounts-Scammer-Alert
Please update OP with this link.
Scam was about an T15 fap.

Most relevant post from that thread is this:

Here is the message I got back from the ticket:

On 2014-08-11 16:06:30 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Eleanora,

Normally we wouldn't be able to return the item to you since "all trades are final" however I've decided to make an exception in this case. I'm doing this because of the fact that all evidence I've seen indicates that a scam has taken place and that the original item was sold to the trade terminal. This means that I can re-create the item without interfering in the economy in a significant way. The item should be in your carried inventory already.

Have a nice day!,

Best Regards,
XXXXXXXXX | Planet Calypso

Once again + REP Support!

I'll sum up MA's response in just one smilie:

:thumbup:

Back