Entropedia currently down due to database

I've sent a skype message to siniko.

my presentation could use work for sure, but most of the same data is on my site as well in the meantime.

some harder to find tables can be found here :eu databases found my mission broker loc without having to wait at tleast :)

and some with different layouts are linkable off the main page, like for mobs, which also shows max loot ect.

Any info on when its back up again?

I sent Siniko a PM on 7/28 about the password reset function not working on the site... the PM hasn't even been opened yet. Could be awhile before site is working again...

It would be nice if someone who actually played EU administered the site.

It would be even better if MindArk took over the site and then let the community continue with updating the details. Entropedia is a vital tool to EU players.

i pretty much almost don't want to play entropia at all without entropedia functioning so mindark should definitely try to acquire this website or something, although i'm not really convinced they'd do a better job managing it.

I've sent a further message to Siniko, and also one to 711, in case he can do something at his end.

Well, I offered but he didn't want to give it up. I think he has been working on a rewrite for 5 months now. I might need to declare my intent to build a competitor.. last time that got his attention.

I've just checked and the site is up again, so I'll close this thread.

:locked:

Entropedia Still Down

Well, as Serica was quick to close the last thread... Entropedia is still down.

Front page is available, but that is all. Can't search or anything.

Yep, and I'm still getting the database error message...

Probably closed thread because it serves no purpose other than stating the obvious.

711 took a look at it and got it up again .. but only briefly.

I guess whatever it is that's triggering the database disconnect still needs to be fixed, and for that we'll have to wait on Siniko. There's nothing more I can do until he responds.

This indeed has become a critical part of EU, so a bit strange that it is in the hands of 1 person, MA should act on this, cause if they like it or not
there lack on info on stuff makes this site CRITICAL in caps :)

I love using this site because I can update creature loots while hunting them, I don't think I would even bother hunting creatures if I didn't feel like I was also helping to document what drops they offer.

Hopefully it will be back soon :(

It's pretty much a necessity.

I think its safe to say that we need a competing product. Having one repo is great but the way its being handled right now is just not working out. Maybe its hosting location but for me lately(after new guy stepped up) the site has either been dead slow or simply offline/inaccessible...

Its very strange to me that a site that stand by the non-profit mantra and is suppose to be a free information sharing repo is in the hands of a single person and not a community driven effort. A simple Github repo of the site/data could make this site run like a dream in a few weeks/months.... and that comes from someone who would rather see the site commercialized rather then community driven.

If i had the time to i would have written a database tool myself but sadly thats not possible for the moment. I would however help provide data to a similair site if i thought it was good enough to compete.

Best regards
Zweshi

Last edited:
the entropia armory is a useful secondary tool to entropedia.
and the bob the builder..
lbml..

anyone know any other secondary tools that can be used similar to entropedia..
sux that it's down..

there's a similar version of entropedia..

entropia universe directory.. and another one, I cant think of right now,
but the information is so off and not up to date...

even entropedia is not perfect, but it's the best thing we got right now imo..

sure would be great if MA had a nice database we could access.. but then it probably wouldn't be free ://

hope to see a better, more efficient and up to date database some day.

The first time I saw entropedia a couple of weeks ago my immediate reaction was "I am going to make my own site with better interface, and way faster performance".

It's just a matter of where I can get the data? :)

You might be surprised to hear that MindArk offers none of this information freely outside of their game and that it was all collected by dedicated users.

Some other websites offer some of the info Entropedia had, but I would say your best bet is just to wait for Entropedia to come back up and take the raw info off of it.

I think its safe to say that we need a competing product. Having one repo is great but the way its being handled right now is just not working out. Maybe its hosting location but for me lately(after new guy stepped up) the site has either been dead slow or simply offline/inaccessible...

Its very strange to me that a site that stand by the non-profit mantra and is suppose to be a free information sharing repo is in the hands of a single person and not a community driven effort. A simple Github repo of the site/data could make this site run like a dream in a few weeks/months.... and that comes from someone who would rather see the site commercialized rather then community driven.

If i had the time to i would have written a database tool myself but sadly thats not possible for the moment. I would however help provide data to a similair site if i thought it was good enough to compete.

Best regards
Zweshi

It's not the hosting location that's the problem because it's hosted at the same place as this forum. It's the fact that the owner of the site doesn't want anything to do with it and the person he chose to administer the site really doesn't even play EU, apparently doesn't care either, and is busy with other things.

MindArk should purchase entropiawiki.com immediately and then allow the community to continue updating as we do now.

It's not the hosting location that's the problem because it's hosted at the same place as this forum. It's the fact that the owner of the site doesn't want anything to do with it and the person he chose to administer the site really doesn't even play EU, apparently doesn't care either, and is busy with other things.

MindArk should purchase entropiawiki.com immediately and then allow the community to continue updating as we do now.

The problem IS coming from the hosting location, PCF and entropedia are not hosted on the same server. The person he chose to let administer ( me ) is just working on a new rewrite, on a new server. and fix current bugs on the current site.

Which would stop this from happening,

Not many people know how the site looks like on the backend, nor the server that Entropedia.info is currently running on.

So before saying that the site is now running worse because i took over is just wrong.

So before saying that the site is now running worse because i took over is just wrong.

I guess some people just don't let the truth or facts get in the way of a good story. good luck with the site.

The problem IS coming from the hosting location, PCF and entropedia are not hosted on the same server. The person he chose to let administer ( me ) is just working on a new rewrite, on a new server. and fix current bugs on the current site.

Which would stop this from happening,

Not many people know how the site looks like on the backend, nor the server that Entropedia.info is currently running on.

Glad to hear from you. Any ETA on the site coming back up? I have a lot of updates to add! :D

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that the site is running worse because of you. I am simply saying that it's not running. 711 helps host, you help administer, both are thankless jobs, but the owner is absent. You are busy with stuff, 711 is busy with stuff, you both do what you can when you can, but the owner is absent.

Back