number of forums

macca

Old
Andrew macca Macdonald
I'm thinking about all the forums that are about this game. I guess I'm worried about how this place looks when people do a bit of research. Most people I know (great classic song btw) will always look at the forum when entering a new game or activity.
With Entropia there are separate forums for Entropia and all the planets. So when mates go to research the game they see maybe 100+ people on the biggest forum and think....."Is this game really big/any good? Particularly as this game uses a lot or real money and people (like me many years ago) do a lot of research before spending big $'s.
Does anyone else think that there should be 1 forum with sections for each planet? (not talking about websites)
I know planets are fighting for new players and forums are independent, but I don't think it is a good look. Any thoughts?

* An example I use is the Chevrolet SS forum, a nothing car in America which has sold only 2000 cars this year...But you log on and see 1200+++ people at any one time. I think all small perceptions like this could add up to a better game.

I think several forums was a terrible idea. It's the same game, they could just have sub forums on the same forum imo. I'm on Arkadia alot, but I've never even visited Arkadia Forum, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

But what is better Chevrolet SS to have 1 or 5 forums :scratch2:

And what if you want to play on Caly and never read about vixens or chtulhus. Then you ask why everything is in one forum, can't we have separate forums. :laugh:

And btw this is harder to understand, but the idea is that every planet is semi-separate game build on the entropia platform.

In my opinion, it is much better to have a different forum for each planet. Different information, different focus, different style, different community management.

Each planet is a different brand.

It would be easier for me to read/register everything in one forum. I haven't bothered to register in the other ones.

In my opinion, it is much better to have a different forum for each planet. Different information, different focus, different style, different community management.

Each planet is a different brand.

Also, the potential for conflict on all levels (due to arbitrary disagreements) would possibly increase quite a bit if the player bases, mods, etc for all planets had to squeeze into a single forum :)

Yeah it would be better but it won't happen because they are separate entities with separate policies. And unfortunately the one forum that was the most populated was sold off to planet calypso and turned into a planet specific forum (this one), when what we were before was entropia forum. I still consider this forum to be entropia forum because the thousands of posts, plots, images etc. i uploaded to entropia forum are here now.

So it doesn't look good to outsiders, but just ignore the name and treat this as a central forum and the problem will eventually resolve itself.

A new forum wouldnt hurt, keep the old ones and get a fresh start somewhere...

Every planet its own forum, thats ok.

Personally, I have always thought that MA should have one central site, similar to Stratics, where each planet had their own forum there, and each PP manages their own forum content, but all are connected through one central site and ONE user name.

Personally, I have always thought that MA should have one central site, similar to Stratics, where each planet had their own forum there, and each PP manages their own forum content, but all are connected through one central site and ONE user name.

This is what I want too.

And I totally get what the OP is saying about potential players seeing such small forums for certain planets and wondering if its worth playing.

If they ever did this, I would guess that some new users would see the traffic at PCF and it would influence them to start on Caly instead, even if they heard about the game through a different PP's marketing efforts.

But I still think overall, it would instantly show new players that there is a lot more activity than just their current planet. And so, hitting every potential new player in the face #1 search-results page that links to all forums, EL, entropedia, bob, jdgree, LBML, etc, would BE A GREAT THING!!!

Last edited:
Most people that play any game do not read or post on the forums at all. Can't blame them either.

Their first foray into a game forum is usually for help and the first reply to their question is some asshole telling them to use the search function. If the asshole had ever used the search function in a forum themselves, they know that it rarely ever returns relevant information and mostly returns every post that has the word "and" in it.

Amen brother.

Why not? If this was the case, where Entropia had one forum login place and sub forums for each planet, the I would be more active on other planets. I hate the idea of wanting to visit a planet and try to find info on another 'alien' website. It would be so much easier to log in once and have access to all the planet forums.

Most people that play any game do not read or post on the forums at all. Can't blame them either.

Their first foray into a game forum is usually for help and the first reply to their question is some asshole telling them to use the search function. If the asshole had ever used the search function in a forum themselves, they know that it rarely ever returns relevant information and mostly returns every post that has the word "and" in it.

Myopic lately?

Yes there are plenty of dumb ones that don't read the forum, or use entropedia etc...but they are the ones who will log in regardless. That is irrelevant. We are talking about the SMART ones that research the game before they jump in.

Search functions never work perfectly. It takes a little digging sometimes, and any smart person should and will utilize all resources available. If forums contain useless posts (many of mine included), that is no reason to not make the rest of the info more readily available, because there is still so much good info available about this game at our fingertips.

Apparently, you want your hand held in game with every question answered by some other player to save you the time looking it up. That is not how it works.

I do understand the function for having different forums, different websites, etc. for each planet, they are kinda rivaling within the same platform.
But this, because we have avatars, they should be interchangeable within the forums as it is in the game, i'm still the same ava when i go to a different planet.
But now my pics & history won't travel with me when i go to a different forum, and there's even a possibility that some troll has already registered my name on that forum, and might even use it for scamming or make me look bad with my avatar's name by posting bad stuff.

So, there's that.

I think having one site with one login, with different forums for each planet, administered by each PP, would be a good move for marketing purposes. Also for convenience for us, obviously. It would be nice to have a single page devoted to the 3rd party entropia resources we use as well. Could it happen? I think so, if one of the PPs or MA or even a really dedicated player took the initiative to get all the parties involved to agree to the plan.

There are arguments for and against having multiple forums. :wise:

For including independence from one individual having too much influence (ie banning and silencing critics for example)

Against includes the mentioned fact* that a new player and even many experienced playera will check out one or possibly two forums per day.

In my own case in the past 2+ years I pretty much check this forum only, and not EP, EF, AF, ND, NIF.... are there others? :scratch2:

I think Mindark missed a trick not having their own forum, and now we get half a dozen forums for one game? Pre VU 10.0 we only had one forum - Entropia Pioneers then most moved over to Entropia Forum (still exists, does anyone post there any more?)

I can only compare this situation to my previous MMORPG (ok it was 8 years ago now when I left :eyecrazy: ) Eve Online, but to my knowledge it just has ONE forum.

*may not be a fact, but its how I browse

I think having one site with one login, with different forums for each planet, administered by each PP, would be a good move for marketing purposes. Also for convenience for us, obviously. It would be nice to have a single page devoted to the 3rd party entropia resources we use as well. Could it happen? I think so, if one of the PPs or MA or even a really dedicated player took the initiative to get all the parties involved to agree to the plan.
Well, anyone could go ahead and tap into the forums to get the posts and just stream them to one single site, that's not much of a problem.
But i'd still like them unified from MA's side a little bit (same usernames, same data etc. on every forum, since we are single avatars), not sure how feasible that would be but... dunno, something like that.
But since MA has nothing to do with any of the forums, it's a bit more iffier.

One universal forum makes sense to me, preferably an official one with sub forums for each planet.

If for no other reason to keep us informed of everything we might be interested in. For example, a small event on Caly, lasts a day or a few hours...like a bot invasion. If you aren't on the planet or reading the right forum...you won't find out easily but you may want to go if you knew. The company running each planet isn't going to tell you things that get you to shoot off elsewhere are they?

There's a bit of universal info sharing, and friends tell each other about some stuff. But one universe forum would be very helpful. It's a pain to need to visit so many places to find information and MA rely on players to share info because they don't do a great job with information themselves.

WOF is coming up now, but how would you know if you weren't on here or Calypso? I get it on the loader, but does everyone ...people may want to get into that but not know about it, expecially if they are newish and never visited here or Caly. A universal forum would make everyone aware of things like WOF.

It's not difficult to link the forums to single authentication system if they all used the same platform but Ark just witched theirs over

If MA are going to manage it then linking it to our in game account limit the problem is when the servers go down during an update and stop authenticating so no one can get on the forums to complain about the servers being down :laugh:

One universal forum makes sense to me, preferably an official one with sub forums for each planet.

If for no other reason to keep us informed of everything we might be interested in. For example, a small event on Caly, lasts a day or a few hours...like a bot invasion. If you aren't on the planet or reading the right forum...you won't find out easily but you may want to go if you knew. The company running each planet isn't going to tell you things that get you to shoot off elsewhere are they?

There's a bit of universal info sharing, and friends tell each other about some stuff. But one universe forum would be very helpful. It's a pain to need to visit so many places to find information and MA rely on players to share info because they don't do a great job with information themselves.

WOF is coming up now, but how would you know if you weren't on here or Calypso? I get it on the loader, but does everyone ...people may want to get into that but not know about it, expecially if they are newish and never visited here or Caly. A universal forum would make everyone aware of things like WOF.

Is it really so much effort to browse the forums for the planets you are interested in?

Ark forum is owned by Ark Studios, run for the benefit of Arkadia, moderated according to its own policies, administrated by a mix of Ark staff and volunteers. Marketing on the forum is directed at Arkadian features and events.

Cyrene forum is owned and run by its PP. Same for RT and Toulan. And if you don't like the moderation of one forum you can frequent others. If you get urself banned on one forum you can still participate in others.

If you want one set of login credentials, just go ahead and use the same ones when you create each account.

A monolithic forum to cover all, offers little benefit over the current system.

Forum for every planet it is good and right!
every planet is a separate "entity"!
different company - different style -different culture - different people - different game!
...Like countries iRL

It would be a nice gesture on the part of the individual forums if they would have a prominent, dedicated spot providing links to the other forums. When you leave one to go to another you could just browse or, if you chose to participate in a discussion, log in...your choice. I mainly look at caly and ark, but, if it were more convenient, I'd check out the others just to see if anything was happening that I might have an interest in.

My 2 pec.

Back