How Mindark is securing YOUR Money

helena

Elite
Society
Crimson devils
Helene Helena Fra
Yesterday i connected back after VU and lag periods (in which i got no loot on many mobs but managed to get some)

All the loot i got during that period just vanished after i connected back after the long break
That was about 1500- 2000 ped in my inventory

This is the answer of the support about it:

Hi,

Thank you very much for the detailed information. Please accept our truthful apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. Unfortunately, I must inform you that due to technical reasons both unexpected and unavoidable issues that affect the performance of the system do occasionally occur and, according to the EULA § 5 and § 6, we do not compensate for losses in such cases.

Please rest assured that we will certainly investigate this matter further, try to locate the cause and take all reasonable efforts in order to prevent this from happening again.

Best Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Translation:

Hi,

Thank you very much. Your money is now in our pocket and we wont give it back. You can go fuck yourself if you are unhappy. We decide everything and your money is ours if we decide to call it a bug.

I see Mindark is improving everyday again, now they start pure stealing. I love the new CEO and i know what i m gonna do now with my peds

Be carreful with ur money ..

thats pretty bad, but from MA's perspective, what should they do?

IF they don't have any logs proving what you had and what not, they could, at best assume and then everyone would come and tell them that they lost something. I sincerely hope they do have logs and backtrack your loss and give it back to you cause even though I would not call it stealing, it is, beyond a shadow of a doubt piss poor customer care

Angel

I went into the Feffoid Cave Instance. Out of the 15 mobs I received 3 loots and all were Tier I Components.
The rest did not give loot, or no loot messages. I contacted support and got the same reply as you did.

They have made the statement in the past that if you are unsure about things after updates to wait - but they have updates quite a bit - so that's not a great solution.

I was happy with their quick response, but not the resolution. I hope we can see more confidence returning to the players.

Nothing new, this goes back to atleast vu 10.. that's how much they did about it..

I went into the Feffoid Cave Instance. Out of the 15 mobs I received 3 loots and all were Tier I Components.
The rest did not give loot, or no loot messages. I contacted support and got the same reply as you did.

This happened to me, but I stopped after 4 mobs, exited cave, relogged and they started giving loot again.

But did you loose your ammo/decay? It was not just back too the original state?

Hmm I hope this didnt happen with my crafting this month time tell though. Otherwise I can kiss 23k odd goodbye :(

This is nothing. I had 1600000 ped in loot from last run on me and when I dced all was lost :(

...Thank you very much. Your money is now in our pocket and we wont give it back. You can go fuck yourself if you are unhappy. We decide everything and your money is ours if we decide to call it a bug.

I see Mindark is improving everyday again, now they start pure stealing. I love the new CEO and i know what i m gonna do now with my peds

Nothing new.
They always did things this way, always.

I had the same problem, and had a similar disgusting answer.

But did you loose your ammo/decay? It was not just back too the original state?

I can't believe there is again someone asking such stupid question....

Don't you think that a 10 year old player & uber wouldn't do that before bothering to do and wait for an answer from the (so called) support ?

This is nothing. I had 1600000 ped in loot from last run on me and when I dced all was lost :(

hahah both nice trys :D Well there is no help for this its simple you dont get 2 mobs in row just stop shooting ,by continuing to shoot you accept the risk to lose everything.MA should ask themselfs than do they want people to shoot or stand still doing nothing ....

hahah both nice trys :D Well there is no help for this its simple you dont get 2 mobs in row just stop shooting ,by continuing to shoot you accept the risk to lose everything.MA should ask themselfs than do they want people to shoot or stand still doing nothing ....

Crafting bit different half the time im not at the pc when doing long runs which can be very boring at times;)

I find this hard to believe.

If your loot is gone due to a rollback or so, then your ammo should still be there. Are you sure you didn't throw it in the tt?

I find this hard to believe.

If your loot is gone due to a rollback or so, then your ammo should still be there. Are you sure you didn't throw it in the tt?

Second this for those that didn't get my joke. It's complete bullshit.

well im on about the logs that keep track your loses for instance if your crafting on condition like i do and these log goes missing over whatever period it could add up unless hunting crafting and mining is complete luck and a noob can get 100kped without putting a penny in ???. But im sure its all been tracked fine just was saying.

All this MA say about not having logs is total bullshit.
Logs are an important part of any business , whether its a website or an application.

Nothing new.
They always did things this way, always.

I had the same problem, and had a similar disgusting answer.

I can't believe there is again someone asking such stupid question....

Don't you think that a 10 year old player & uber wouldn't do that before bothering to do and wait for an answer from the (so called) support ?

Well dude, I don't keep track on every player in this game, fucking "uber" or not. ;)

Anyway, It's a bit hard to believe that the loot goes away and the ammo don't come back because the inventory must be on the server. If it's one kill/loot and some crash happen just when the loot was made maybe, but if is multiple kills and loot it sounds very strange that even would be possible. If loot from multiple kills "disappear" the only cause I can see is that all the inventory goes back to an earlier state. I'm not saying it impossible it was like the poster said, only it feels very strange.

well if it true poeple that have cld will have a nice payout like the other week

let all take a brake for a month just stop playing till they can fix it or close it down for now one loose more money for there problem'

Well dude, I don't keep track on every player in this game, fucking "uber" or not. ;)

Anyway, It's a bit hard to believe that the loot goes away and the ammo don't come back because the inventory must be on the server. If it's one kill/loot and some crash happen just when the loot was made maybe, but if is multiple kills and loot it sounds very strange that even would be possible. If loot from multiple kills "disappear" the only cause I can see is that all the inventory goes back to an earlier state. I'm not saying it impossible it was like the poster said, only it feels very strange.

I'm 100% sur helena dont get ammo in inventory ... it's a melee user :laugh:

Common, why do you restore backlogs and hog the servers so we lag our assess of if you can't utilise the logs later on and control your shit. This summer has been nothing but bad imo :(

Only good thing is the Vikings that can do their things with swords!
I'm sorry for your loss helena :(

Helena, I agree with your TRANSLATION. That fucking sucks!

and yes MA should test the server/loots before opening it to players as the test subjects.
Shitty flaw indeed.

IMO ..and unfortunately I'm going to have to side with MeanMachine and say let this be a warning to all that hunting etc. right after VU us a gamble on top of a gamble :wise:

When this happend, i couldnt get loot from mobs i stoped after 3 of them, when i logged back my ammo were refunded but maybe i was on a different server with different parameters

Yesterday i connected back after VU and lag periods (in which i got no loot on many mobs but managed to get some)

All the loot i got during that period just vanished after i connected back after the long break
That was about 1500- 2000 ped in my inventory

This is the answer of the support about it:

Hi,

Thank you very much for the detailed information. Please accept our truthful apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. Unfortunately, I must inform you that due to technical reasons both unexpected and unavoidable issues that affect the performance of the system do occasionally occur and, according to the EULA § 5 and § 6, we do not compensate for losses in such cases.

Please rest assured that we will certainly investigate this matter further, try to locate the cause and take all reasonable efforts in order to prevent this from happening again.

Best Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Translation:

Hi,

Thank you very much. Your money is now in our pocket and we wont give it back. You can go fuck yourself if you are unhappy. We decide everything and your money is ours if we decide to call it a bug.

Be carreful with ur money ..

Here is EULA § 5 and § 6, can someone fish out to make sure the statement they made above is true, can't seem to find it.

5. Account Inactivity, Account Ban and Account Termination
5.1. Definitions
The following terms referred to in this paragraph will have the following meaning:
Terminated Account (or “Account Termination”) means that the Account is purged and that You will no longer be able to retrieve its contents or to re-activate it to access Entropia Universe. Purging the Account means that, when applicable, all skills will be deleted, any estate deeds will be transferred back to MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner and the virtual objects on the Account will be exchanged for their Trade Terminal (TT) value. The aggregated value will be added to the balance on the PED Card connected to Your Account for You to withdraw if exceeding the minimal withdrawal limit of 1 000 PED. Any pending transactions involving a Terminated Account will be revoked.
Locked Account (or “Account Lockdown”) means that the Account is temporarily not accessible due to Your own request.
Banned Account (or “Account Banning”) means that the Account is under investigation due to a suspected violation of the EULA, ToU and/or Rules of Conduct, or that the Account user was deemed to have violated one of the said agreements. This may be temporary for short or long periods, on MindArk's and/or MindArk's Partner sole and absolute discretion.
5.2. Locked Account
Please note that if Your Account has been Locked You are still obliged to comply with the EULA and the ToU Agreement in their relevant parts.

5.3. Terminated Account
In the event that Your Account is Terminated and if applicable, no refund will be granted except for the balance on Your PED Card and the TT value of the objects on the Account, as set out above. Any delinquent or unresolved issues relating to former participation in the Entropia Universe must be resolved before MindArk will permit You to register a new Account.

5.4. Inactivated Account
You acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed Inactive if it has not been logged into for a period of three hundred (300) consecutive days.

You further acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be Terminated if it is not used for a period of seven hundred and fifty (750) consecutive days (i.e., 450 days after Your Account has been deemed Inactive).

You hereby explicitly consent that after the period of 750 days of inactivity Your Entropia Universe Account is deemed to have been abandoned by You. You also agree to assign MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner all rights in Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account according to the procedures established in this paragraph 5. You hereby discharge MindArk, any of MindArk's Partners and their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, and expenses to You arising out of, or relating to, Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account.

5.5. Banned Account
If Your Entropia Universe Account has been temporarily Banned, MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner may, at their sole discretion and upon verification of Your identity or fulfillment of other conditions, reactivate Your Account.
You hereby expressly acknowledge that if MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner decide not to reactivate Your Account, it will eventually be Terminated, with or without Your right to withdraw any remaining PED Card value, on MindArk's and/or MindArk's Partner sole and absolute discretion.
6. Transactions with Virtual and Real Life Items
The terms in this paragraph 6 do not apply to Your participation within the Entropia Universe Starting Area.
6.1. Transactions between Avatars
The Entropia Universe provides You with trading administration services (including the Auction System service, the Shop Systems services, Avatar Direct Trade System services etc) that enables You to carry out secure transactions with others, in which participating parts can exchange Virtual Items and Real World Items (the "Approved Transaction").
Please notice that transactions concerning payment for Virtual Items, including PED, outside the Entropia Universe often involve fraudulent activities. You acknowledge that any transaction regarding Virtual Items, including PED, carried out using any service or system other than one of MindArk’s Approved Transaction systems is at Your own risk. MindArk reserves the right to take any reasonably necessary measures for the purpose of preventing and acting against frauds and non-Approved Transactions, including, but not limited to, making a reservation against a suspected Transaction, and Banning and/or Terminating a directly or indirectly involved Account, if MindArk determines that the transaction was not performed in compliance to this Agreement.
MindArk acknowledges the responsibility to maintain records on all transactions with Virtual Items via MindArk's Approved Transaction systems. You agree that MindArk's transaction records shall be conclusive proof of the transaction carried out via Your Account.
You acknowledge Your responsibility to keep track of any and all transactions with Virtual Items involving Your Account. MindArk accepts no responsibility for misplaced or misused Virtual Items in any incidence, regardless of reason.
6.2. Transactions with Real World Items
Additional terms shall apply upon any transaction with non-virtual items (“Real World Items”) between You and third parties or between You and MindArk. For further information see Third Party Items Purchase Agreement and General Real World Items Agreement, available when making transactions with Real World Items within the Entropia Universe.

ps. the 6.2 links above don't even work?

Last edited:
Well i was always understood ma say they dont keep logs because instances like these they then become liable for any losses incurred. Can you imagine it if they say they kept logs for instance on loot and losses how many disgruntled players would put lawsuits in for whatever buffer loot they had stored in the system. i mean come on of course they keep logs whether it be directly to ped loss or its tied to your attributes which i strongly think myself.

I think what happened directly here in a way comes under 5.4. Inactivated Account mostly this bit 5. You hereby discharge MindArk, any of MindArk's Partners and their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, and expenses to You arising out of, or relating to, Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account.

After all the account was terminated at that point in time which incurred losses.

I believe § 9 is the one you should be looking at...in the T&C.

MindArk provides the Entropia Universe, a virtual universe where You are free to choose the course of the action You wish to pursue.

MINDARK, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIERIES SHALL, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSS OR EXPENSE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, OR ECONOMIC LOSS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEY FEES, LOST OF GOODWILL OR HARDWARE DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR TRANSMISSION OR USE OF ANY CONTENT USING THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT , TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, MINDARK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE LOSS OF ANY DATA OR ELECTRONIC FILES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACCOUNT, AVATAR, SKILLS AND/OR VIRTUAL ITEMS AND/OR CURRENCIES, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SERVER FAILURE, INTERRUPTIONS OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION, INTERNET LATENCY, VIRUSES, BUGS, TROJAN HORSES AND THE LIKE, SOFTWARE AND/OR HARDWARE DEFECTS OR ERRORS, UNAUTHORISED USE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE SYSTEM OR SERVERS, USE OF CONTENT SUBMITTED TO THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE, AND THE USE OF ENTROPIA UNIVERSE IN GENERAL.

You acknowledge that MindArk will not be liable for any damages or loss caused by failure to perform any term or condition of this Agreement due to conditions beyond MindArk’s reasonable control such as, but not limited to, war, terror attack, strikes, fires, floods, acts of God, governmental or authority restrictions, power failures, or damage or destruction of any network facilities or servers.

MindArk reserves the right to interrupt the services available via Entropia Universe and/or the operation of the Entropia Universe System with or without prior notice for any reason. You agree that MindArk will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by interruption of the Entropia Universe, delay or failure to perform.

MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT.

MindArk does not endorse any Participant Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and MindArk expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Participant Content (see furtherer terms for Participant Content in EULA Paragraph 4 and MindArk’s Participant Content Policy.

MINDARK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTIES REGARDING GOODS OR SERVICES YOU OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES DURING YOUR USE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE. YOU AGREE TO LOOK SOLELY TO THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS REGARDING SUCH TRANSACTIONS WITH THIRD PARTIES. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE SPECIAL 'THIRD PARTY'S ITEMS PURCHASE AGREEMENT' TERMS (THAT YOU ACCEPT IN THE CASE OF MAKING A THIRD PARTY ITEM PURCHASE) WILL APPLY AS A COMPLEMENT TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY.

I believe § 9 is the one you should be looking at...in the T&C.

yep just seen that one acts of god :) typical insurance company clause to get out of something :)

wonder why they said sections 5 to 6 though

Back