Info: Why Throw Away PEDs Buying ComPet Deeds?

GradenFoss

Stalker
Graden (Switch) Foss
Why pay more for ComPet Deeds than is necessary? :scratch2:

competdeed1.jpg

competdeed2.jpg

You can get ComPet Deeds for the regular price from Global Auction: :idea:

competdeed3.jpg

because he is crazymoney!

because some people know other people are stupid/ignorant and dont know to check global auction

Looks like market manipulation to establish a falsely inflated price for the un-knowing. This can be accomplished easily using alts or 2 colluding avatars.

Maybe MA should disable non global trading untill they are sold allowing only private or global auction sales.

I don't see a simple solution to this.

I don't see a simple solution to this.
simple solution turn off the flag that allows the deeds to be sold in auctions after purchase until all of the deeds are sold...

Market manipulation is rife in this game. I am still waiting to see this Compet game. It doesn't have a startup website yet. We are buying deeds based on one picture and a draft plan. Considering MindArk doesn't even market EU how they plan to attract players to Compet is beyond me. I just don't see how this game is going to work. What is their advertising strategy? Who are they targeting. Why are teenagers going to a this game?

Propably both sellers and the 1 bidder are all the same person. :laugh:

Market manipulation is rife in this game. I am still waiting to see this Compet game. It doesn't have a startup website yet. We are buying deeds based on one picture and a draft plan.

Don't forget the conflicting news releases.

It doesn't have a startup website yet. We are buying deeds based on one picture and a draft plan.

as above, and a draft plan that niether adds up, nor is realistic to the rest of the app industry.

some ppl don't look at global auction...in this case seler probably is taking unfair advtage over MA off ppl to who not checking their auction display settings

solution is simple and known for long time already...make all auctions GLOBAL not place specific

simple solution turn off the flag that allows the deeds to be sold in auctions after purchase until all of the deeds are sold...

Would this solution be fair if they take the path of AUD though? Would it really be okay to shut off sales of a deed that could potentially trade at less than the MindArk value?

To be honest, this doesn't seem like a huge issue. A buyer got deeds for a price he/she was willing to pay, and a seller sold deeds for a price he/she was willing to sell at. The buyer could have gotten a slightly better deal by doing a little more research, but this isn't some "bought a CLD for 100000 PED" story.

To be honest, this doesn't seem like a huge issue.

For me it's an ugly business, because of the history with CLDs. For some time, the resellers even managed to deplete the global auction. Each time MA staff added them, they were faster than ordinary players to grab them.

Another example is the apartment on Calypso. For years, there had been apartments for 250 ped listed in calypso auction. Those auctions were created by MA, and had expiry of 6 months. Then, suddently, some resellers, over a day, bought all of them. This caused price go to up (bad for new players who wants apartment), and availibility to go down - as resellers only listed one or two at a time, there was no choice or way less choice anymore about which apartment you could choose from (ie which floor, which Town, which view from apartment you wanted).

For the AUDs I Think it's a simular story: Some players were thinking, they would buy them with the sole intent of reselling them (assuming stock would run out the same way as CLD did). And well, as it appear that the supply did not run out as fast as they thought, they now have to get rid of the AUDs they really didn't want to have to keep.

To keep market stable in the beginning, maybe there should be a (short) "sunrise period" when it's not possible to sell deeds like this in auction, let's say 2 weeks. Not too long time so normal people who need the cash feel forced to keep them, but long enough for normal players to get aware of the first-hand source and to grab them from there. Then, after the "sunrise period", it will be possible to list them in auction, at a more normal price. (And, of course, normal PvP trades enabled all the time. This is just to slow the auction resellers a bit.)

As for "price you want to pay": If something COSTs 1000 PED from MA (first-hand), I do not want to pay more, at least as long as the primary source is still Selling. I could be willing to buy from a friend or someone else who bought my mistake - but for sure I don't want to pay premium price to someone who only did move the item from "global" to "local" auction (unless I know that the person has done somethign great ingame and should be sponsored - but this doesn't apply to auction zombies).

I should add, I bought my first AUD and paid 51 ped for it. But I did it from a street trader, and because I spared an extra roundtrip to Arkadia just to pick up the deed. In this case, the seller did me a favour. And, though, moving something from global auction is doing a bear favour, as you remove the availibility.

Last edited:
Maybe make items sold in "global" auction also appear intermixed in all other auctions?

This. Globally auctioned items should be listed in each specific planet auction list. ie not separated.

Back