Lets have a poll "Who Would like to have the mob disappear after looting, like it was before?"

Lets have a poll "Who Would like to have the mob disappear after looting, like it was before?&q

• Have mob disappear right after looting (the old way)

Votes: 83 70.9%
  • Keep it the way it is now

Votes: 34 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I like the way it was when the mob disappeared as soon as it was looted. Then big reason is I like to select the target and the move to target option when hunting. Most of the time no problems but lately I have noticed that I will get "Stuck" on the selected target, sometimes until it disappears. It seems to happen about once or twice in 10-12 mobs but last night I had it happen 3 times in a row and it seems to be getting more frequent lately.

Just a BTW I am not sure who MA was referring to when they said a "Lot" of players requested this be implemented because in seven odd years I have never heard one player in open chat or PM or Soc chat mention wanting this, ever, period.

I very much prefer the mob staying, especially for screenshots of swirlies.

I never knew I needed it and now I know I don't.

It doesn't bother me either way. So the first person to give me 1000 ped can have my vote!:laugh: I'll take items as well! :yup:

Edit: since it is already here, instead of having them change the code back, maybe we just live with it, or is it really effecting your game play?

Its quite annoying when you get 'stuck' on the dead mob, I agree. but I have learned to live with it. usually a quick click on my 'loot' button after new mob is selected gets my ava focused back on what he needs to be doing, instead of being extremely interested in the carcass

:thumbup:

This was one of the most useless changes MA has made in my time playing. And that is saying something. Would love for the mobs to disappear immediately again.

I very much prefer the mob staying, especially for screenshots of swirlies.

I wonder about that, first it tells you what you did in the chat window, second if you are being attacked by another mob and he is close it kind of ruins the screenshot anyway and lastly what is the value of a dead mob, I could see if it gave the maturity of the mob, maybe but as I said that is in the window.

Not being rude or anything like that just stating my thoughts.

It doesn't bother me either way. So the first person to give me 1000 ped can have my vote!:laugh: I'll take items as well! :yup:

Edit: since it is already here, instead of having them change the code back, maybe we just live with it, or is it really effecting your game play?

Actually it does when I have a nice sized boost and trying to get in as many shots as possible and get stuck. It is more annoying than anything:mad: Yes I could live and will if it doesn't change.

Its quite annoying when you get 'stuck' on the dead mob, I agree. but I have learned to live with it. usually a quick click on my 'loot' button after new mob is selected gets my ava focused back on what he needs to be doing, instead of being extremely interested in the carcass

:thumbup:

I use the loot pill most of the time and so there is nothing to loot and does not help me. I have had my avatar walk very slowly to the dead mob and stick his nose in his butt:). Annoying, very annoying and stinky too:lolup:

I use the loot pill most of the time and so there is nothing to loot and does not help me. I have had my avatar walk very slowly to the dead mob and stick his nose in his butt:). Annoying, very annoying and stinky too:lolup:

no no I mean 'looting' your next target, which is still alive, usually breaks it

lately I have noticed that I will get "Stuck" on the selected target, sometimes until it disappears. It seems to happen about once or twice in 10-12 mobs but last night I had it happen 3 times in a row and it seems to be getting more frequent lately.

I'm assuming you're referring to the "stuck" in wiggle mode when trying to loot a creature.

This problem has nothing to do with the persistence of the corpse after looting.

It's an issue with the move to target system (which, incidentally, is always having issues). This exact problem happened on and off quite a while before we had the persistent corpses, you'd stand there wiggling and unable to move to the next target for a while after the corpse disappeared (immediately). On certain mobs, it happens almost every time for me. I think the problem has to do with the size and shape of the mob, maybe avatar height, etc. That's probably why it doesn't seem to be consistent and gives some people more problems than others. If I'm recalling right, I think this particular issue surfaced around the time MA was redesign the hitboxes.

Therefore, making corpses disappear immediately won't fix this problem. (I do like the corpses remaining btw, they could even stay a few seconds longer than they do.)

no no I mean 'looting' your next target, which is still alive, usually breaks it

I'm not sure what you mean, how do you loot your next target that is not dead ? Or do you have loot target on a key and then just press the key ?

I hate this change ;/
Many times get stuck aiming a carcass!!!
Old way was better 100%

omfg do we actually have 12 People that want it this way? Is there even one single benefit of having it this way?

It is highly annoying when you have a large collect and are killing mobs on mass. The corpses block the alive mobs, and results in thousands if not more of ped being lost. But hey, I can see why ma like it ;)

Actually it does when I have a nice sized boost and trying to get in as many shots as possible and get stuck. It is more annoying than anything:mad: Yes I could live and will if it doesn't change.
Hmm I will have to recheck to see if this is happening to me when I'm able to log in again. Thanks for the heads up! :beerchug:

I'm assuming you're referring to the "stuck" in wiggle mode when trying to loot a creature.

This problem has nothing to do with the persistence of the corpse after looting.

It's an issue with the move to target system (which, incidentally, is always having issues). This exact problem happened on and off quite a while before we had the persistent corpses, you'd stand there wiggling and unable to move to the next target for a while after the corpse disappeared (immediately). On certain mobs, it happens almost every time for me. I think the problem has to do with the size and shape of the mob, maybe avatar height, etc. That's probably why it doesn't seem to be consistent and gives some people more problems than others. If I'm recalling right, I think this particular issue surfaced around the time MA was redesign the hitboxes.

Therefore, making corpses disappear immediately won't fix this problem. (I do like the corpses remaining btw, they could even stay a few seconds longer than they do.)

If you say so I believe you but I just don't remember this ever happening before. However I am not talking about when trying to loot the mob, this occurs to me after I have already looted the mob, as I use the loot pill most of the time and the looting is almost instantaneous. ofc when there is no lag, but the loot is in the window when it happens to me.

It is highly annoying when you have a large collect and are killing mobs on mass. The corpses block the alive mobs, and results in thousands if not more of ped being lost. But hey, I can see why ma like it ;)

I forgot about that but you are absolutely right.

Just another question for the people that said they liked the new way, would you please tell us if you asked MA to make the change. I am really interested, when they made change and said "We heard you" (we know that is kind of BS:laugh:) I am just wondering who it was they heard it from?????

I don't really care if it's this or the other way.. Like whatever..

I do always the last shot with the right mouse key, this way it loot after killing and stop shoting.
But the old system was better.

I do always the last shot with the right mouse key, this way it loot after killing and stop shoting.

That's ok when in non-pvp planet side though, where I hunt every shot counts, right clicking at a carcass whilst aiming at the mob behind it costs 1 ped every time :(

I don't believe that the right mouse click stops the weapon from firing, at least not for me, but for sure the left mouse key will stop the firing.

That's ok when in non-pvp planet side though, where I hunt every shot counts, right clicking at a carcass whilst aiming at the mob behind it costs 1 ped every time :(

Good point I forgot about the PVP things are a little different there. You are a bonnie lass and smart too:)

I wonder about that, first it tells you what you did in the chat window, second if you are being attacked by another mob and he is close it kind of ruins the screenshot anyway and lastly what is the value of a dead mob, I could see if it gave the maturity of the mob, maybe but as I said that is in the window.

Not being rude or anything like that just stating my thoughts.

I might then just as well take a screenshot of the chat window, or just copy paste from teh chat window, why bother with swirlies or anything?

....MAcould do at least some tiny -o,5 - 1 sek animation of looting ( roling corpse or something ). Then they can leave mob visible....

I'm not sure what you mean, how do you loot your next target that is not dead ? Or do you have loot target on a key and then just press the key ?

yes. loot target action on a key. when I press that key while targetting my next (alive) mob, it breaks the 'stuck on dead mob' problem

If you say so I believe you but I just don't remember this ever happening before. However I am not talking about when trying to loot the mob, this occurs to me after I have already looted the mob, as I use the loot pill most of the time and the looting is almost instantaneous. ofc when there is no lag, but the loot is in the window when it happens to me.

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. The persistent corpses don't have anything to do with auto-target bugs. Don't use move to target when using the auto loot pill is my suggestion, do as Jqkill said and put loot on a hotkey.

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. The persistent corpses don't have anything to do with auto-target bugs. Don't use move to target when using the auto loot pill is my suggestion, do as Jqkill said and put loot on a hotkey.

This is exactly the reason why MA should get rid of this. All of this added bullshit to just to loot your mobs. Looting mobs was one of the only things that actually worked, and MA found a way to break it.

Back