Question: Skilling Weapon

Hello everyone who is reading my post!
I have a question - hope someone can help me with this.
At the moment I have a starter weapon from MU store [ZZ Barabella] which doesnt give me more skil increse (SIB?)
So I got a good deal on a carabine "Cold-Ir" ...I have lvl8 in my laser weapon and about the same in laser hit.
with Cold-Ir I do massive damage and thats cool - you realy feel the difference, but since its not maxed out its not very efficient Low Crit, often Miss etc. My question Would be..which weapon should I buy to skill up Cold-Ir?
Ive seen some weps that have *Learning Period (not yet) *Skill increase bonus (not yet) - can I use one of those to skill up? Maybe you can give me an advice for some good/cheap weapon to use for skiling up and not using 2000 ammo? Thank you in advance for ansvers. Best of luck to you all!
Necrotizing Fon Fascitis

SIB means that the weapon gives a bit more skills while you are not maxed on it. The best advice is to only use weapons with SIB=Not Anymore, that means you are completely maxed on your weapon and you are getting the most out of the PED you spend.

That said, there are weapons with SIB=Never, those are the infamous level 100 weapons that you should not touch (atleast not in a long while).

If you want to check how far from maxed you are on your weapon take a look at the two lower numbers before the tiers:
- Hit Ability (HA): Your ability to hit the target, at 10/10 you should never get a "MISS" (only evades).
- Critical Hit Ability (CHA): Your ability to land a critical hit (double damage). At 10/10 you should get about 2% critical chance.

Both are maxed at 10.0/10.0.If you have 9.5/10 it is not such a bad thing to use that weapon to take advantage of a bit of SIB, but it's not recommended as you will always get more using maxed weapons.

I hope with this information you can choose your next best weapon, the best way to learn is to try things yourself. I only wrote here because entropedia is currently down, usually when you have a question there's a big chance that entropedia has the best answer.

So here's a link for your bookmarks: http:\\www.entropiawiki.com\

Good luck.

PS: Xent Tech X2 is a great low level skiller, and very very cheap. From there you have a very nice route of (L) guns: Chikara, Kallous, EWE, etc...

Thanks

SIB means that the weapon gives a bit more skills while you are not maxed on it. The best advice is to only use weapons with SIB=Not Anymore, that means you are completely maxed on your weapon and you are getting the most out of the PED you spend.

That said, there are weapons with SIB=Never, those are the infamous level 100 weapons that you should not touch (atleast not in a long while).

If you want to check how far from maxed you are on your weapon take a look at the two lower numbers before the tiers:
- Hit Ability (HA): Your ability to hit the target, at 10/10 you should never get a "MISS" (only evades).
- Critical Hit Ability (CHA): Your ability to land a critical hit (double damage). At 10/10 you should get about 2% critical chance.

Both are maxed at 10.0/10.0.If you have 9.5/10 it is not such a bad thing to use that weapon to take advantage of a bit of SIB, but it's not recommended as you will always get more using maxed weapons.

I hope with this information you can choose your next best weapon, the best way to learn is to try things yourself. I only wrote here because entropedia is currently down, usually when you have a question there's a big chance that entropedia has the best answer.

So here's a link for your bookmarks: http:\\www.entropiawiki.com\

Good luck.

PS: Xent Tech X2 is a great low level skiller, and very very cheap. From there you have a very nice route of (L) guns: Chikara, Kallous, EWE, etc...

Hello Angel!
Thanks for your quick reply!
So my starter weapon from EU shop [ZZ Barabella] has been maxed out in both hit and critical, but that does it means that it slowly skills up also my new Cold-Ir weapon?
Thanks for your reply again!

Thanks for answer Angel

So I have ZZ Barabella carabine which is maxed out both hit and critical, but does that mean that if I use this weapon my Cold-Ir will slowly skill aswell?
Thanks for your time and for quick reply.
Necrotizing Fon Fasciitis

So I have ZZ Barabella carabine which is maxed out both hit and critical, but does that mean that if I use this weapon my Cold-Ir will slowly skill aswell?
Thanks for your time and for quick reply.
Necrotizing Fon Fasciitis

Yes, of course. As you skill with any laser rifle the numbers on your cold-ir will get better, but since cold-ir is maxed very, very, very late it will not matter that much. My advice is to sell it, and keep skilling to unlock new (L) weapons.

Level 100 is such a long-term goal... and an awesome one too :)

Welcome to the universe, and good luck mate.

Cheers

Thanks for info :) - now things got bit more understandable!
*dont want to get L weps..dont see the point buying one and throwing it out after one hunt
...need to aim for lvl 100 :) ! ...will keep using ZZ Carabella and shoot low level mobs till I skill up properly.
Thanks again for the info! Good Luck to you! And thanks for your help!

Necro

Yes, of course. As you skill with any laser rifle the numbers on your cold-ir will get better, but since cold-ir is maxed very, very, very late it will not matter that much. My advice is to sell it, and keep skilling to unlock new (L) weapons.

Level 100 is such a long-term goal... and an awesome one too :)

Welcome to the universe, and good luck mate.

Unless :wise: ... you are here to have fun and money's not an issue...or you can afford to and want to. I started in 2008 and never learned about SIB until much much later. At that point, I was used to doing higher damage with the higher misses, and going to SIB for my level was boring. Eventually I eased into the higher SIB guns and that worked best for me. I used Fusil Charade and loved it. I don't know if using the gun gave me skills faster (more decay/ammo spent), but it didn't take long till I was using LR41's, which is when I turned to SIB.

If you can afford it, and like a bigger gun, perhaps that's what you're looking for. But like Angel said, lvl 100 guns will take forever to max, so don't plan on getting there anytime soon.

Some recommendations:

• Xent X2/X3 + A102
  • LR S1X1 + A101
  • Ozpyn chon + A101
  • S.I. HK110 + b101 or barb amp

The new sinkadus and barbarella thing from web shop.. but use gun with A101 and only put the little amp on your s.i. hk110

All these guns amped as shown and maxed out are perfect for skilling and are super eco with 2.9++ DPP

You can also play with the weapon compare tool and create your own combinations when entropedia is back up..

Last edited:
Back