Is skilling worse on Caly compared to Ark?

dabrixmgp

Old
I was on Ark and decided to raise a new skill. I picked up a Carabok kill quest and was shocked at how fast it went up. I got to lvl 5 right as I finished the kill 1000. Now Im back on Caly and just finished the kill 500 puny quest. I think I have maybe gotten 25% of level 5 done. It just seems like its moving very slowly compared to how it was on Ark. Why is this and should I go back?

Ark has much higher monster levels for the same ho compaired to calypso, therefor skil gain is much more, the punys from caly are lvl one and lrovide almost no skill gain, while caraboks are lvl 4.. In short, for what i have seen, caraboks provide up to 1700% more skills

Also argonaut with 300 hp compaired to tiarak with 170ish hp, the tiarak provide about 400% more skill gains.

Id say choose arkadia for hunting skill gains, however ark mobs generally do more damage than the same hp mob on calypso.

Last edited:
Id say choose arkadia for hunting skill gains, however ark mobs generally do more damage than the same hp mob on calypso.

i found the opposite to be true. I killed puny just fine on Ark wearing nothing but newbie yellow suit. I actually had to use Pixie to hunt puny outside Icarus.

i found the opposite to be true. I killed puny just fine on Ark wearing nothing but newbie yellow suit. I actually had to use Pixie to hunt puny outside Icarus.

Well i guess i might need to add, my statement above is before they made the caly puny changed the last update.. Apparently they do more dmg now but the lvl is still the same or something? Im not sure.

The carabok attack more frequently (less dmg per hit than caly punies) and they have higher speed, both of those are apparently factors that contribute to "L" number (hp, agressiveness, dmg, hit rate, speed, maybe other factors too). The higher the L number the more skills you'll get, probably the kill bonus is higher, and it also seems to affect loot too. Most ark mobs attack more often but with less force than caly mobs (in general). Good for skilling, but can result in higher armor cost depending on the mob and your armor choices. They used to be L10 originally with 10 hp, so a lot of people consider L4 a "nerf". :)

Also.... your skilling will slow down significantly as you skill up... regardless of what you hunt.

You don't need pixie for puny. Unless you are accidently targeting the juveniles (which is quite an easy error to make).

Rocktropia ;)
gotta probably agree, at least on low levels since rocktropians have lower hp than puny on other planets...so kill bonus is there for lower amount of tt value spent in decay. However, rocktropians are fairly useless lootwise unless maybe you have creative juice bp that only uses rocktropian records... however that variation is higher cost per click than the other variations last time I checked. Still a nice little thing going on there where one type of material is used in a bp that is on lowest hp mob in game... wish other planets would get their act together and follow suit with similar type of mob/bp combos. Also wish the spawn for the rocktropians was a lot bigger than it is... also wish the instance thingy down the road from Billy's bar worked right. The countdown thing starts but then it never continued for me after that... kinda pointless unless there was something I was missing with that that you need to keep it going long enough to make the waves keep coming. Staying in the same location where you activate it didn't seem to keep it from ending which I'm guessing it should have if it was supposed to be like the wave things on Calypso.

Back