Entropia weapons database and others

Sierra

Dominant
Society
Guess Who
Sierra Sapphire Sionia
I was wondering where to get a data source for making a web app. Mainly for comparing efficiency of weapons and things, but I'll add other features.

This is essentially something I want for myself because I feel other tools could be more intuitive, but it'll be open to the public and scalable.

Any SQL dumps or anything out there? :p

I'm wondering where Entropedia got its data.

From players, who updated the site's database with information from the Item Info pages and from testing weapons ingame to calculate decay.

I understand the data in Entropedia's database would be covered by EU laws, which establish the website owner to be the owner of record of the database contents. Thus, as I understand it, any use of the Entropedia database by another site requires Siniko's prior consent.

Note: I'll just bold the above to make it clear that I'm not including using the data for personal use and other approved uses.
To the best of my knowledge, this is the relevant legislation: Directive 96/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 1996 on the legal protection of databases

Last edited:
I was wondering where to get a data source for making a web app. Mainly for comparing efficiency of weapons and things, but I'll add other features.

This is essentially something I want for myself because I feel other tools could be more intuitive, but it'll be open to the public and scalable.

Any SQL dumps or anything out there? :p

Entropedia hosted / hosts the main database. Forgo has a copy : http://www.lundsys.com/Entropia/

I guess we need to solve the problem of having one public read-write db that is reliable and not dependent on a single person (or company), with making easy for people to grab their own read only copy from time to time.

Entropedia hosted / hosts the main database. Forgo has a copy : http://www.lundsys.com/Entropia/

I guess we need to solve the problem of having one public read-write db that is reliable and not dependent on a single person (or company), with making easy for people to grab their own read only copy from time to time.

Wouldn't it be nice if MA stepped up to host and support a wiki for their game. My experience is most other game producers do this.

You can grab your own copy. You can export the whole database to .XML files for your own use trough a feature on entropiawiki.com. The only bad thing is that you need to continue to export changes everytime the users are updating entropedia ^^

You can grab your own copy. You can export the whole database to .XML files for your own use trough a feature on entropiawiki.com. The only bad thing is that you need to continue to export changes everytime the users are updating entropedia ^^

You can easily write a grabber with wget or curl and schedule it as often as you like it to run. Add an import for your own database and you are set.

I understand the data in Entropedia's database would be covered by EU laws, which establish the website owner to be the owner of record of the database contents. Thus, as I understand it, any use of the Entropedia database by another site requires Siniko's prior consent.

Really? I don't think this is something I signed up to. When did it stop being Witte's? I don't think I have given anybody permission to sell on any of the entries or pages I have created.

This. The option I used to get table data was to download into .csv format via the link on all the tables. As with most ...pedia's.

I originally uploaded info quite awhile ago couple years now, some have been re-uploaded here and there and many things I have added in my DB's directly. Its a mess, and not a complete mirror image. And the last 6 months I have not had the time due to another project to really work on it as much as I would like.

This would be soo much easier with an API from MA to access or at least grab the game data periodically.

3-d models would be awesome also, so we could see some really cool html5 applications for data.

Yes, I could, if the site worked. Even regular pulls. But this does not solve the problem of a the central R/W database.

Wouldn't it be nice if MA stepped up to host and support a wiki for their game. My experience is most other game producers do this.

Yes they should host a central repository for the data. Even if it relies 100% on players to research and input the data. Really, sites like entropedia should be considered "official" parts of the game... when entropedia goes down certain kinds of activity stops.

And I agree it's messed up if the entropedia data is considered private property, since it was contributed by the public. Another reason why we need a different solution. I'm sure Siniko is a great guy and all but does anyone other than Serica know who he is or have a way to talk to him?

Last edited:
Really? I don't think this is something I signed up to. When did it stop being Witte's? I don't think I have given anybody permission to sell on any of the entries or pages I have created.

I am not privy to the details of arrangements between Witte and Siniko.

However, so far as I am aware, the site was not 'sold'.

Instead, Siniko has become the site admin and 'custodian' of Entropedia's code and database in the same way as Witte took over the original pe-wiki.com site from its creator, Minder.

And when the day comes that Siniko is unable or unwilling to continue with the site, I expect that he too will choose a suitable successor who will commit to continuing the work for the EU community.

Can someone pm a link to the latest raw xml files before it came down?

I want to start working today, will keep it local and private if it turns out those files are only meant for personal use :p

If this progresses I could perhaps make it so my app could have data edited/submitted, and provide a rest API to return JSON to other sites to use the data

For a central repository thing :)

I'd have to have mod volunteers perhaps to check the data as it comes in to make sure it's not bogus :D

Can someone pm a link to the latest raw xml files before it came down?

I want to start working today, will keep it local and private if it turns out those files are only meant for personal use :p

Now entropedia us up again and you can download the data via the "export to csv" function.

Back