My first Creature Control Capsule usage

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
After listening to everyone drone on about what these are worth, I can clearly answer NOTHING! Unless it is a big ass mob.

I paid a person 100 ped for one because I wanted to try this thing and because I am generous.

Scavanger wolf stalker.

Some notes:

Cant be used in team.
Cant read local, but can read PM
Cant use auction.
Hit rate was 10% (70% evaded, 20% misses)
This wolf did about 10-20 hp of damage on the unarmored
Killing 3 is not a hof (it probably has to be more than 10 to hof)

I only was able to kill 3 b/c Stig, jeeth4x and billy jean ruby first took intentional falling damage to lower hp, took off armor, and promised not to shoot me, and then it still took 7 minutes to kill them :) Thanks guys!

Low creatures will be killed in seconds, so they are worthless!

Plus, with one per maturity, these will be quite common. And with 90% evades or misses, very hard to kill people with a mob under L 35-40.

To be fair, I have very little scan skill. However, all low HP mobs (under 5k) will be dead in less than 1 minute.

But it sure was fun as hell to be in a UCM! I must say that. But good luck with the big ones, because not many people in game will have enough skill to hit a lot.

Last edited:
I need some shrooms.....

Woot! honored part of the team who tested TacoMob :)
and yes he was helpless and softy lol

you can use this pill only once or it has "unlimited" uses ?

Spoke a lill bout this in team.
Basicly if my thoughts are still intact this is just an expensive way of anoying ppl?

Thanks for "taking the bite" and posting all the info!!
+rep for offering a nice prize to the looter of the pill.

It's what I thought - small mobs will be worthless = equal to one minute of "fun" Just think any time you see a stray mob in Twin - they are dead in no time.

Potential abuse: player created hunting events?

The fact that you can't turn back unless you are killed (well I guess time can run out) makes it not useful as a way to avoid mobs.

Crazy thing.

you can use this pill only once or it has "unlimited" uses ?

From the description in the first pic, 'consumed on use' means you use it once and then it disappears.

Thanks for testing - +rep

I have read lots of negative comments about these pills and I clearly understand how new things can be frightening to some people. I also understand that to some oldtimers and grinders this seem like a stupid thing.

However if you start to think, what is it that all hunters want? Markup on loot.
Does general hunting loot hold a lot of markup? No.
How do you create markup? You create a demand for something?
How do you create a demand for something? In this case it will be 15 minutes of fun for the pillbuyer.

In my eyes this is a new way from Mindarks side to create markup in loot, give it a chance.
The drop rate on these pills wont be big, still it's a fresh generated markup for hunters by Mindark.

Nice of threadstarter to pay that amount of markup, hope you had a little fun anyway. Next time its you looting it.

/Pete

yes! it's one use only
but hey!!! this is fun!!! nothing less nothing more :)
at least with low lvl mobs

Big question:

has anyone killed you after tests and did they looted anything (or even "no loot" msg)?

Falagor
:bandit:

Did you check the cost of the "more minutes" option?

I expect the "hit" rate depends on the evader (or dodger if it's a shooting mob) level of the avatar and maybe even your own investigator level (seeing as you got "misses", it might indicate you weren't maxed on the mob control).

Oh, and were you shared loot?

I have read lots of negative comments about these pills and I clearly understand how new things can be frightening to some people. I also understand that to some oldtimers and grinders this seem like a stupid thing.

However if you start to think, what is it that all hunters want? Markup on loot.
How do you create a demand for something? In this case it will be 15 minutes of fun for the pillbuyer.

In my eyes this is a new way from Mindarks side to create markup in loot, give it a chance.
The drop rate on these pills wont be big, still it's a fresh generated markup for hunters by Mindark.

Nice of threadstarter to pay that amount of markup, hope you had a little fun anyway. Next time its you looting it.

/Pete

I hope your are right but MA seems to drop the ball on well everything they do. This has the potential to be awsome but atm it looks mostly like a harass ppl thingie thats gonna end up as loved as pirates.

If MA however add some more value to this then ppl might want to pay for this and al of a sudden they will be awsome and then some.

it is a lvl 5 mob, what did you expect?

well.....we can have a creature fight right? you be a creature, il be a creature and we fight.....lols........or does it only do damage on avatars........it may not be worth it for the buyer but if i looted one, it would be a fun break from grinding....or i maybe too optimistic

I don't think it's useless, can be fun pay time if you play an oratan axe great.
On lower mob, better not to try to enter in a town. In futur upcoming pet batte i don't think you can partake in it as a mob and even so you will prolly have way less stats than tamed mobs.
I think it 's a genious move from MA. It will help to fill mob infos on entropedia and such while making money at the same time.

/Pete

If Administrators of this forum and MA office thinks about this coment they will boost economy.
well said m8

+rep for testing it out and giving a more than fair price to the guy who discovered it.

If you don't have enough skills to be able to control a lvl5 mob, it seems that people who could actually use them will be counted in the fingers of one hand - something that won't help with their MU.

Question: Did you gain any skills while transformed?

How was your run speed? :)

It'd be interesting to have an Equus or Tezlapod pill, as they move faster even than a Valkyrie

Will try to answer all the questions real quick before I go get drunk....

Extra 10 minutes was 10 ped

Yes I ran faster than a human.

Balljuggler, I wasn't expecting anything different. Your comment sux.

I do not know if those that shot me got loot because most vixen farmers live in Chinese prisons and speak no english.

I did NOT gain skills.

I assume that I was evaded by the 3 testers just as much as the mob itself gets evaded by them, which is a lot.

The misses were much less common than the screenie purports. (but 20% is still a lot)

If Administrators of this forum and MA office thinks about this coment they will boost economy.
well said m8

It would "boost the economy" on mobs like Malcruenter/Big Bulk/Osseo/etc and up, or maybe Stalkers of smaller mobs. Other than that, on all mobs L1-L30, this is nothing but a fun toy that will and should be worth tt once the initial ga-ga period is over. Kill streaks will ALL be from L40 or bigger in a year, too. They are the only mobs that can kill 10 before dying, unless you cheat and line up naked noobs like some of those existing kill streak awards probably are. Either way, its fun, but don't expect markup.

Last edited:
Few Q's:

As a creature can you kill other creatures and they contribute to a mission count?
Do you get any HP regen as you do in an avatar state?

Chaz.

What level Animal Investigator did you need for this pill?

**im assuming its animal investigator cos its an animal:wise:

I hope this pill will loot a lot. At least when you get a 50% payback run and get a pill, you can compensate some frustration with the pill fun.:laugh:

always better than novas

Based on the current loot rate, only a few people will ever loot these, they're unlikely to make any significance to markup.

I wouldn't say the pills are worthless, just that you aren't strong in combat (and for sharing this info, I say thank you.. There is, however, also value in having some fun. It would be quite handy for those wanting to make a video or something, or just to be able to attack someone in an outpost.

Or, perhaps, in being able to run through a certain region, knowing other mobs won't attack you.

Most likely we'll see groups using the pills on low level creatures, single players won't do much damage but if you had 20 people using them all attacking a single player then it becomes more useful. But if their loot rate is as bad as people are saying then it's possibly only meant as a bit of fun - something severely lacking in EU at the moment (how we ever managed to make EU fun up to now I'll never know :rolleyes: ).

Also remember they nerfed scanning to stop people using the auto use feature to prevent skill farming. It may have been an unlucky streak to gain no skill at all but it wouldn't surprise be to find that MA have nerfed it so that people can't just pop a pill and then hit other players who aren't going to shoot back. Skill gain for all with no real danger and as it can be done anywhere so it's much easier to hide the fact players are doing it and as it's free to attack with no ammo or decay usage it would be just the cost of the pills and the time extensions.

One thing I noticed is the 4 attack boxes.

While this one has only 1 attack, other mobs have more. Now, some mobs have 2 clearly separate attacks (attack types) like vangaurd etc...

But my question is, do you think that a mobs different attack animations will signify a different attack type?

For example, will the Mulmun spin-move be a separate one then their basic punch?

And if so, we would be able to further characterize a mobs damage type by a given attack animation based on testing it on a friend in various armors.

Some mobs I feel have different range attack damages on my armor then they do when the finally get up close to me. (most obvious to me on harb, and some cyrene mobs like Fenris and the various smaller bots at the aerial base outskirts)

Also, what mobs can any of you think of that have 4 clearly defined attack types...I never thought that much about it,

if their loot rate is as bad as people are saying

Their loot is supposed to be identical to the creature and maturity they represent. So if you're finding loot to be wrong, send a support case.

Back