Question: Rapid market value rise in Pyrite and Black paint

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
In the last month Pyrite Ingots (207 to 234%) and Black paint cans (436 to 550%) etc also seen in other areas. Has the market confidence improved or is there another reason for these gradual increases over the last few weeks?

Reasons: PVP is full of lyst and migration mobs dont drop black? just a guess :wise:

also output amplifiers have become cheaper and more damage enhancers are being used due to migration.

If you want to talk about market confidence i would look at AUD and CLD prices (which have increased too though).

I know of a couple avatars 'hoarding' Pyrite. I know of one who has over 10k tt of it. So that's a factor, but a lot of usual PK'ers are hunting or on another planet, and PK'ers mine the majority of that stuff for the market. So you have a decrease in a supply of it, and demand has remained constant, if not increased due to the increase in hunting from migration. After migration ends, supply will increase, and the price will slowly drop back to normal.

I know of a couple avatars 'hoarding' Pyrite. I know of one who has over 10k tt of it.

This is the only reason why its not spawning anymore. I remember well when i got like 50% of drops pyrite, now for few months at least i can hardly get 1 pyrite out of 20 drops. This is 100% market cornering and manipulation, MA needs to interact.

Last edited:
Yes. We all should gather in and start to hoard lysterium and crude oil, because pyrite turnover is nothing compared to those Market Monsters.

The consequences will be unbelievable and I promise every participant a Bright and Prosperous Future.

PM me for details and coordinates of lysterium&crude oil Monstrous Pile.

Thank you.

Yes. We all should gather in and start to hoard lysterium and crude oil, because pyrite turnover is nothing compared to those Market Monsters.

The consequences will be unbelievable and I promise every participant a Bright and Prosperous Future.

PM me for details and coordinates of lysterium&crude oil Monstrous Pile.

Thank you.

Its amazing how u fly in the thread with all the sarcasm, but literally offer zero info on the topic. Maybe some thoughts why pyrite is not spawning anymore?

Sincerely,
your lemming

Its amazing how u fly in the thread with all the sarcasm, but literally offer zero info on the topic. Maybe some thoughts why pyrite is not spawning anymore?

Sincerely,
your lemming

What do you offering for my Precious Information?

high pyrite prices = more expensive enhancers = less playing for me
Someone MA doesn't seem to get that, but well ... at least it saves me PED :)

Atami

Get 10+ people. Buy PK gear. Take over PVP4 :)

Start hoarding pyrite yourself.

It's not like one ava managed to get 10k tt of pyrite by himself/herself lol :D

But the investment costs will be abit "high" ;)

Pyrite is still spawning, just not as frequently as it used to. I mined over 500tt of it last week in a period of 2-3 days, however, I don't just mine for 1 hour and call it good. I spent a good 12-14+ hours to get this amount.

Average monthly AH turnover in black paint is just ~400 cans, hence one buyer dedicated to coloring something black is enough to move the market. In fact, they need to move it to lure sellers out of the bush.

Of course, you can interpret investment into e-enlargement as a sign of increased confidence, but that would likely still be confidence of one avatar.

This is the only reason why its not spawning anymore. I remember well when i got like 50% of drops pyrite, now for few months at least i can hardly get 1 pyrite out of 20 drops. This is 100% market cornering and manipulation, MA needs to interact. And everyone knows to whom all signs point to

So, in your preferred world, if someone accumulates "too much" of something to suit you, you want Mommy to step in and tell them what they HAVE to do with the materials they developed the skills to get, paid for the armors and equipment needed to keep it after they get it, and perhaps made it a group effort with associated cost and profit dilution.

Without considering any of that you holler "manipulation".

Geeze...some people's children!

Nothing wrong with hoarding even if its for manipulation - he risks a lot of money with it. Besides its supply and demand - he hopes to sell it for higher. Actually I would say its not manipulation, its more like speculation. Speculators can also influence volumes and thus prices.

Manipulation becomes a problem if you make fake sales to screw with auction history or spread false information on the forum about "recent sales". We have seen that quite a bit over the years, especially on hunting gear.

This is 100% market cornering and manipulation, MA needs to interact. And everyone knows to whom all signs point to

I bought a totally different resource with an avg purchase price of 111% , and have now sold the whole batch at an avg of 135%, time did the job for me in raising MU.

Am i a market manipulator?

You cant call MA as soon as things dont fit your agenda, you either do something about it yourself, or you live with how it is.

Nothing wrong with hoarding even if its for manipulation - he risks a lot of money with it.
We all know how the game mechanics work. Big enough amount in your storage guarantees the droprate outside will stay low. Where's the risk here? There is no risk whatsoever...

So we're supposed to shut up and pay for that shit?
Or maby quietly log off and go play something else until it's over?

Well. The hell we are.
Those game mechanics are too easy to manipulate. Time to fix that shit.
If there's indeed some risk involved (eg alternate source might appear for resource your hoarding) then it's a different story.

Risk and reward.
No risk, no reward.

:wtg:

I believe in resource Caps to maintain a balance but I think the caps are too low and thus too easy to manipulate. Esis by the big ubers, ores being hoarded by well known scammers, etc.

Easiest answer is don't pay for it.

Easiest answer is don't pay for it.

thats exactly how a market is supposed to work, and the risk "hoarders" (severely abused term) take when they decide to try something like this.

thats exactly how a market is supposed to work, and the risk "hoarders" (severely abused term) take when they decide to try something like this.

So your vote goes for "Log off, stop playing"?
Smart decision, no doubt. Smarter than "Shut up and pay".

I bought a totally different resource with an avg purchase price of 111% , and have now sold the whole batch at an avg of 135%, time did the job for me in raising MU.

Am i a market manipulator?

You cant call MA as soon as things dont fit your agenda, you either do something about it yourself, or you live with how it is.

No, not at all.. actually what you are doing, playing the natural swings in value, helps with stabilizing market values. You are buying when the price is low due to excessive supply and/or weak demand, thus keeping the price from bottoming out by creating a floor in terms of price. Then, weeks or months later when demand exceeds supply, your sales of that item also help stabilize things and prevent the value from going too high.

That's totally different then what we are talking about here because hoarding vast quantities of an item in order to starve the market just to inflate the price is in my opinion manipulation. Its dramatically different then playing the natural swings in value... Moreover its really stupid because it has a ton of risk.

Also, its possible that hoarding Pyrite is tricking the loot balance system into thinking there is a buildup of excess supply thus causing it to loot less. None of us know how exactly things balance but it could easily be a contributing factor. Im willing to bet a lot of money that if that whole stack of Pyrite was sold to the TT, or consumed in crafting, hours later we would see a lot of Pyrite Globals along with a small HoF or two.

My advice to those who are hoarding Pyrite is to sell now... do you really think that MindArk will allow the prices to go up more? After all, when it comes to consumable items, its MindArk who controls the market and not anyone else... MindArk can flood the market with a few keystrokes if they want to and I have seen it happen before. Once enough people bitch about it, MA will take action and then you are screwed.

Pyrite is up now so sell now.

Last edited:
We all know how the game mechanics work. Big enough amount in your storage guarantees the droprate outside will stay low. Where's the risk here? There is no risk whatsoever...

So we're supposed to shut up and pay for that shit?
Or maby quietly log off and go play something else until it's over?

Well. The hell we are.
Those game mechanics are too easy to manipulate. Time to fix that shit.
If there's indeed some risk involved (eg alternate source might appear for resource your hoarding) then it's a different story.

Risk and reward.
No risk, no reward.

:wtg:

For one succesful attempt at this (assuming it works, hard to prove it, since there could million other factors involved) there are 100 fails. Over the years I have seem loads of trader fails of hoarding and trying to resell. Besides - looking at history you have to remember that MA can change droprates, usage, usefulness etc. overnight with no prior warning or explanation afterwards. The risks are very significant.

Hoarding some generic resource that has no max amount (eg lyst for the miners or animal oils for hunters) can be very risky. Resources with a defined max amount, (like Pyrite) is a totally different story. The system goes into loop and can't get out of it without "divine" intervention.

The risks are very significant.
The market manipulator will be struck by the lightning and drop dead? That would be a very entertaining solution! Hope u right. :)

The market manipulator will be struck by the lightning and drop dead? That would be a very entertaining solution! Hope u right. :)

MA could decide that their cap was ill conceived and raise it significantly, ruining the value of the hoarder's stockpile. I may start a campaign to make this happen :D

MA could decide that their cap was ill conceived and raise it significantly, ruining the value of the hoarder's stockpile. I may start a campaign to make this happen :D

Ill join that campaign

I hate paying 400% and higher for damage enhancers.

Back