• No, that's a terrible idea.

Votes: 27 32.5%

• Total voters

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Yes I am creating another thread on this. The original thread which can be found here and has a disabled POLL.

Ever been on one planet, and you notice something on another planet that you really want to bid on, but you can't because you're not on that other planet. Oh, no worries, you'll just hop in your quad and fly for 45 minutes dodging pirates, paying planet entry fees, etc.. just so you can bid on a single item. Except for one problem, the item only has 30 minutes left. Guess you'll need a warp flight.. that'll be 30 peds, and maybe a 7 ped teleport down if you're in a real hurry. On second thought.. I'll just let that one go..

Based on our previous discussion, I am proposing the ability to BID on any item in any planet.
(note that I am not proposing that the items be teleported to you from another planet should you win the auction.)

Last edited:
I think the idea of being able to BID on items from other planets, but then only being able to collect them by going to the planet the item is located on is actually a good solution for this problem, as what you're complaining about is intended design by MA, in an attempt to force players to go between planets and therefore spend PEDs doing so if they want to interact with markets on other planets.

However, your solution allows them to continue to generate revenue in this fashion while still allowing players to not feel stressful time constraints.

By the way, wasn't it possible in the past to bid on items from different planets' auctions with a fee associated in doing so?

I think the idea of being able to BID on items from other planets, but then only being able to collect them by going to the planet the item is located on is actually a good solution for this problem, as what you're complaining about is intended design by MA, in an attempt to force players to go between planets and therefore spend PEDs doing so if they want to interact with markets on other planets.

However, your solution allows them to continue to generate revenue in this fashion while still allowing players to not feel stressful time constraints.

By the way, wasn't it possible in the past to bid on items from different planets' auctions with a fee associated in doing so?

I'm not sure if it was possible in the past. But imagine if the auction was already setup so that you can already bid universally. I doubt you'd hear anyone complaining. Actually if you can imagine that it was already a universal auction setup; and suddently there was a VU that made it the way it is currently (bid only on planet) I think you'd hear a LOT of complaints on the forum.

I'm not sure if it was possible in the past. But imagine if the auction was already setup so that you can already bid universally. I doubt you'd hear anyone complaining. Actually if you can imagine that it was already a universal auction setup; and suddently there was a VU that made it the way it is currently (bid only on planet) I think you'd hear a LOT of complaints on the forum.

You always hear a LOT of complaints on the forum. :/

Yes it was possible to bid item on CND auction and optionally even get it transported down to the planet (or vice versa).
If i remember it right u only had to pay extra for the transport and bidding was free. :scratch2:

So yes, this is actually what we already had ingame once. Only without automated transportation of goods.

Having separate markets works if the markets are stable.

As it is now we have a stable market on Calypso, an emerging market on Arkadia and the rest are dead.

The concept is good but EU is not in a state where it would need something like this. I would say that traveling between planets would be much more encouraged if players would have the ability to sell their loot on whatever market they want without having to pay extra fee.

Last edited:
Having separate markets works if the markets are stable.

As it is now we have a stable market on Calypso, an emerging market on Arkadia and the rest one are dead.

The concept is good but EU is not in a state where it would need something like this. I would say that traveling between planets would be much more encouraged if players would have the ability to sell their loot on whatever market they want without having to pay extra fee.

I would say we have a stable selling market both on Calypso and Arkadia and Cyrene is an emerging market, and the rest is dead.
I no longer feel the need to sell my loot to the tt on Arkadia, I put it up on auction and most of it sells. And Cyrene has nice markup items, So I put em up there as well and they sell as well. Cyrene is a crafter friendly planet, so you can actually put a lot of stuff on auction.

On the matter Buying, Calypso is still the only viable option, especially for UL sib weaponry or armor.

I really like the idea of being able to bid on Calypso auctions while I'm on Arkadia. Can't tell you how many times i have been looking for a specific item and can't get it on the Ark AH but there it is on Caly.

Just some thoughts about this but maybe it can be implemented with a slight fee (maybe based on the same % as the listing fees are?) and only allow cross planet bidding when there is maybe 2 days or less left to an auction that has no bids on it. Maybe even move expiring auctions with no bids to the global auction and allow bidding that way. All auctions (global should tell you where it was listed) require you to travel to that planet to retrieve any won items.

Nope thanks :) What will hapend to all people that invest peds in space ???

Actually...if my memory haven't failed me, right about the time when hangars were disabled and people could TP up to Rocktropia for about 45 peds? During that time, the auctions on the various locations were universally "biddable". And upon winning the auction, players have the choice of either going down there to collect it personally, or pay a "transportation" fee to have it "magically" appear in their inventory...wherever they are at the moment.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ction-transport-fee-to-support-ingame-Economy

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?185288-Formula-For-Auction-Transport-Cost-Between-Rocktropia-and-Calypso

And I do believe that it was after space got implemented, that this ability to bid universally got removed.

Assuming that goods are not teleported for a winning bid, people will still have to commute in space to pick up on other planet.

Nothing, people will still have to go and collect the item from the planet it was listed on if they win the auction.

Eta ^^ lol great minds :D

And upon winning the auction, players have the choice of either going down there to collect it personally, or pay a "transportation" fee to have it "magically" appear in their inventory...wherever they are at the moment.

I pretty sure there wasn't a choice about paying the transport fee. If you were bidding from another planet, you had to pay the transport fee.

Even with the transport fee as high as it was, it's not a good idea to bring back a universal auction. Best to let the planet auctions stay separate. Sure it's an inconvenience to travel to another planet to buy something, but that's the whole point: separation of planet economies to allow new planets to develop their own. Opening up the other planets to the hoards of caly auction zombies would not be good for the players on those planets or for the planets themselves. If you want something from another planet get off your figurative couch and go get it. An contract/item delivery system would be much better solution for the lazy/busy than a universal auction.

In my opinion, for certain items there should be Universal Auction as planets like RT or Ark are trying to provide foot to there version of Currencies(Not sure, what they called them) and the PED must be provided more power. If MA wants to introduce new features in financial system then it should be Debit Cards linked to PED card for ATM withdrawal etc.:ahh:

few years ago, 5 or 6 or 7 ..people was able to buy from CND and pay a big tax, if i dont mistaken was a tax on weight..and was something like 10 peds per amp..or something and lets say 20-30 peds for 200-250 peds of caldorite for example. Is not the exact tax but i remember very well that i was paiyng very much for something i forgot upthere:p

If MA wants to introduce new features in financial system then it should be Debit Cards linked to PED card for ATM withdrawal etc.:ahh:

Gold Card.

With a VISA logo in the lower right.

Sweeeeeet!

They won't care because this system would still force players to go through space in order to collect their item following place their bid on it.

Yes to universal AU +transport.

Insert a option in auction where the seller can choose if he/she would like to list it as a planet side auction, or as a Universal Auction -add a small cost like 50pec - 1 ped / 10-20% extra to the current au fees.

They won't care because this system would still force players to go through space in order to collect their item following place their bid on it.

+Space : Space benefits because if more people are bidding, especially from other planets this requires them to travel in space to get to the other planet to pick up the goods, as opposed to not bidding at all.

+MA : More bids = more currency in circulation = more deposits.

+Player : The average player benefits being able to bid on anything, anywhere.

I don't really agree with add extra fee for making an item able to be bidded from anywhere. The structure of the auction doesn't have to change; just open up the ability to bid on other planets.

Back