ISIS-guns

Status

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Without being political,...

ISIS guns and rifles may be getting a new meaning these days?

I just realized this and had to pick myself up from the floor from laughing :d

Well, good point.

MindArk might want to change the name of the guns to something else.

No doubt every time we mention an ISIS gun on this forum, it flags every government intelligence agency in the world. Might be good to save them some work and change the name.

Also, considering the atrocities committed by ISIS/ISIL in the middle east, out of respect for the families of the victims, it should be a priority for MA to change the name... Especially now with Planet Toulan online, which markets to the middle east.

With the potent evil that organization spreads, nothing good can come from MindArk keeping the guns named ISIS

Well those are calypso guns so calypso is tasked with changing the names.

I suppose all of a sudden, the gun name "Grindhouse Sleaze" doesn't sound as bad :scratch2:

Rocktropia guns are disappointing. I expected at least that the gun made female orgasm noises when it was shot. At least it would make sense then.

Should we also start rewriting history textbooks on the grounds that a certain name reminds of something to someone?

Hah! I never thought of that.

I loved when Performance Enhancing Drugs were talked about on the news (PEDs)

"Ohhh it looks like he was using PEDs!!"

Should we also start rewriting history textbooks on the grounds that a certain name reminds of something to someone?

Well, history textbooks are already rewritten every few years...

With that said, its apples and oranges

In my opinion, it absolutely should not be changed.

Obviously, I am generally against that type of changing in all fiction and such... Which may be because it's a bit like giving it away to that kind of people.

On a similar topic, I read an article last week about how some tourists in Gothenburg were shocked by swastikas on old trams in the city... though they are actually ancient sun crosses used by the tram constructors (ASEA) back in the 1920-1930s, before changing it in 1933 (the tram having been constructed in 1929) :silly2: also discussion there about changing it or not

http://www.expressen.se/gt/turister-forfasas-over-sparvagnens-hakkors/ (Article in Swedish, though there are also some pictures)

Yea, and if ISIS had beheaded your children and taken your wife as a slave for not converting their religion, then maybe would you think its a good idea for MA to change the name of the ISIS guns?

Its kinda the same as if MA had a gun named NAZI

With that said, its apples and oranges
Not really. If Naomi wouldn't put the name in all caps, I wouldn't have realized what he's talking about, since it wouldn't evoke any other associations but the usual, the name of egyptian goddess.

I don't mind renaming if it really bothers anyone, just wonder how far it can go. Seems like a lot of renaming.

as a christian, big YES! †ن

as a christian, big YES! †ن

I also am Christian but to be fair, I think that most members of any religion including Muslims are appalled by what ISIS is doing because they are nothing short of animals.

Well ISIS as you are referring to is just a translation. Wait i put an IS does that offend you ?

It might be worth MA renaming these guns. An ISIS gun has no place in this game.

What a lot of hot air over an initialism for a group that, let's face it, has only been using this in Western media since April last year. And for that some of you think every other past usage of a word that uses the same letters needs to change?

As this well and truly comes under 'Real-world Controversial Discussion', this discussion is done.
3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion
Discussion of real world politics, nationalism, religion, war, or other similarly controversial topics is NOT permitted or appropriate for this forum. PlanetCalypsoForum, as the game, is a global community with players from many different countries around the world. Discussion of such topics often disrupts the forum community. Therefore, refrain from starting or participating in any such discussions, as they will be deleted from the forum without notice.

:locked:

Status
Back