PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand
    Society
    The Dung Kickers
    Images

You do not own an estate you buy nor the contents in it!

Hi,

I would like to let people know what can happen if you buy a (planet) estate especially if furnished.
    Here is the story:

On the 20th of august I purchased an apartment on arkadia. The total price was 800 ped for a lvl 2 apartment (Celeste North 12 Lvl 2). Now this is arkadia, but the same can happen on calypso. There was for approx 170 ped tt of stuff in the app at the time of purchase. This included a very cool coin. Basically the price was around 500-600 ped for the app with all TT and MU included I guess, which seemed fair to me. See screenies:

Upon me attempting to claim the apartment this warning appeared: "Estate can not be traded due to the following item: Assault Rifle (FA) (L) (This item can not be traded.)."

There also was a Medkit (L) in it so that would have caused a problem as well I imagine.

Now here it comes, I write support about the gun and go to work. When I come back home I see (as expected) no reply from support yet. I go to my apartment to look at the coin again and find the place raided, 11 nova aside and 5 curtains that are still hanging (forgotten probably). No coin either of course.

So basically it seems at this stage it is possible to buy even a castle and if the former owner has put an untradeable item in it he or she can use the estate forever and the deedholder has nothing but a virtual piece of paper. As the estates no longer seem to be needed to be set to restricted mode to enable trade I can only assume the former owners in fact still own the estate and everything in it...

Basically my advise is do not buy any estate that is furnished until this is resolved. Because all the stuff that is in it can be gone pretty soon after you hold the deed already!

Gally
    EU Nova Fragment harvester... funding the lootpools since 2006.

Billy Jean Ruby
    Society
    Factory of Fun
    Images
    Yes and it is odd, why a "return items to owner" option, doesn't exist in the estate manage area!
    One of the default operations, basic and essential to....."another virtual world" I lived for about 7 years.
    Last edited by Billy Jean Ruby; 08-21-2014 at 11:44.

Billy Jean Ruby
    Society
    Factory of Fun
    Images
    due web lag posted twice ;/
    Last edited by Billy Jean Ruby; 08-21-2014 at 11:44.

Dustrial Dust Liberman
    Images
    Did you get your stuff back?

This is stuff in the infrastructure that annoys people when it does not work properly :3
    Official forum w*orer!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi,

I would like to let people know what can happen if you buy a (planet) estate especially if furnished.
    Here is the story:

On the 20th of august I purchased an apartment on arkadia. The total price was 800 ped for a lvl 2 apartment (Celeste North 12 Lvl 2). Now this is arkadia, but the same can happen on calypso. There was for approx 170 ped tt of stuff in the app at the time of purchase. This included a very cool coin. Basically the price was around 500-600 ped for the app with all TT and MU included I guess, which seemed fair to me. See screenies:
    What was the status of the deed when you got it - was it "Restricted: Yes" or "Restricted: No"?

As far as I know, estates are supposed to be set to restricted during trades (eg when placed in auction), when it's in restricted mode no items can be removed from estate, and you're supposed to hold the estate deed in inventory to remove restricted access (so a seller can't unrestrict it while deed is placed in auction).

Fineprint legal stuff: You dont get ownership of the the apartment when you buy it; MA Always owns it but you get the right to manage it. (Now afterwards, after seeing a post here in Another thread, I got to the conclusion reason is to reduce the headache given by Swedish tax bureu.)
    Last edited by aia; 08-21-2014 at 12:48.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mindark just can't seem to get estates straightened out, ever... As soon as they fix one thing three more things break with the system.

sorry to hear that you got your junk stolen. It sounds like a definite scammy thing happened, so maybe support ticket can help you get your stuff back.

P.S. As far as 'ownership goes' - You don't own anything in Entropia, ever... even if Bulletin's by Mindark itself suggest otherwise. That's why all the apartment deeds say 'holder' instead of 'owner' as they previously did many years ago.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 08-21-2014 at 12:54.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    So you essentially were scammed by the seller?
    Last edited by Svarog; 08-21-2014 at 14:41.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Images
    Damn, my shithead list is getting pretty crowded lately. One more guy I will ever deal with, sell or buy, help in any way, answer or acknowledge.

Hope you can get it sorted out by support.

Well yes it's kind of douchebag to pick things up from a sold apartment (unless you have talked aobut it with the new owner first). Now I don't know how "noobish" the seller is, but a serious seller should have put the apartment in restricted mode Before Selling it.

Sounds like a potential bug waiting to be exploited...

And the seller probably knew about it and was waiting for a "buyer" to prey upon.

Good luck with your report. And please inform us of the outcome.

I pray that you get your stuff back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast