Question: Raise the Cap on Pyrite?

There's no cap on lyst.

it is a part of economics, why need to ruin it ?
yes, lyst have dont have cap or at least it is verry big. But that is why it cost nothing and pyrite cost alot.

Dreamers... Free market my ass.
This is artificially created environment, it cannot work if nobody's fine-tuning it.
Yes, it's supposed to leave an impression about a free market. Up's and downs and small crises... We are playing the free market here, and we're playing it well... ;)

Now, somebody call the balancing manager. Otherwise the machine breaks down.

Pyrite is up about 25% over normal price, .

What is notmal price ?
normal price for me is TT.

Esi, pyrite, other rare stuff - drops just in event times it hard to get.
Like my friend sayd in skype yesterday- people think there is rare esi drop but see how much it sold in tt per week.

all L guns cost ~130% where before event was 105%. That is 25% over normal price ? but it is bigger because people hunt less that mobs and more people need that guns. that is normal.

if someone is not willing pay 300 or whatever % for pyrite, that is not an problem to make it more drop.

In my opinion there should be no hard cap on any resource. I agree some reources should be there in abundance while others should be really scarce.
However I would prefer this to be regulated through the find rate of the resources, not a hard cap.

Lets say you only find pyrite once every 100 drops...random number. It would still be valuable but noone could completely corner the market.

I find a scenario where one person or a group of people have the possibilty of stockpiling the entire stock of any resource rather disturbing as it could bring the whole game to a screeching halt.

However as long as there is profit in it, stuff like that will happen.

Anyways my :twocents:

In my opinion there should be no hard cap on any resource. I agree some reources should be there in abundance while others should be really scarce.
However I would prefer this to be regulated through the find rate of the resources, not a hard cap.

Lets say you only find pyrite once every 100 drops...random number. It would still be valuable but noone could completely corner the market.

I find a scenario where one person or a group of people have the possibilty of stockpiling the entire stock of any resource rather disturbing as it could bring the whole game to a screeching halt.

However as long as there is profit in it, stuff like that will happen.

Anyways my :twocents:
Yes, finally we're talking about the real issue. The system is too primitive. Imagine all the oil wells on the planet would suddenly stop giving out oil when someone buys all the petroleum? What would happen with the free oil market?
There would be no free oil market. All the laws and business practice would be totally different too.

If the goal is to create a virtual economy that works just like the free market economy in the real world it has to behave a bit more like the real thing. Soft caps on important resources instead of hard caps, sliding multipliers that take into account demand and total turnover, etc.

If that's too hard to code, well, then tell the balancing guy his vacation just ended... :smoke:

Why can't people just stop using enhancers? :scratch2: They are the reason why most people lose PED all the time, then they come on forums and cry about it. Why? When the event ends, pyrite will drop in price and the person who mega-stacked it will lose a lot of PED for the fun of it.

Where is the problem again?

Why can't people just stop using enhancers? :scratch2: They are the reason why most people lose PED all the time, then they come on forums and cry about it.

I think that you don't understand when, why, and how to use enhancers.

Why can't people just stop using enhancers? :scratch2: They are the reason why most people lose PED all the time, then they come on forums and cry about it. Why? When the event ends, pyrite will drop in price and the person who mega-stacked it will lose a lot of PED for the fun of it.

Where is the problem again?

I will give u one reason. The mobs regen/hp was adjusted to keep up with the more dps lent by the enhancer system. Now not using enhancers on certain mobs would mean pretty much suicide financially for quite a few people. You can say dont hunt that mob but then that is where all the fun items are. So whats the point of having an event which only a handful people would do while rest of us scratch our bottoms waiting for enhancer prices to drop. :) Thats just one reason..Plenty others if u know what u'r doing..

In short, during events people don't use enhancers because its more fun doing it but because they need to , to have a chance at anything good :)

If such a cap exists it just proves how Entropia doesn't have much of a free market and the RCE is just a marketing ploy.

That said, why not remove the cap if it exists and reduce the frequency found via the loot algorithm. If people mine more then more would be found.

MARKUP is valu that sellers/buyers decides.

if sellers want 400% for item, and 1000 buyers not happy about it so it is bad and need to balance ?

I would agree taht need to change something if there was 0 stacks in Aukcion, but as my brother says there is more than 10 pages in aukcion.

I read forum every day seing that alot people want to buy M83 for ~20k ped, and there is few willing to sell for 50k. All unhappy because Sellers want too much and buyers want too cheap.

Is there really need to do something ?

There is allways people who can afford having impmk2, mod faps and others.
Dont you think there is people who can afford using dmg enhancers with 400% if they like.

All this game is made on this system, and all of you should know system if you make living here.

All you should know that Pyrite and enhancers is more expensive in events , it will be more expensive in MM.

All you should know that all oils will be more expensive in Robot events.

All you should know that all stuff is cheaper in summer

And so on.

Last edited:
I think the market evolves freely, and MA must intervene only in extreme cases, the sky is not falling because pyrite climbing. should fit your budget as I do and all players with a little intelligence,I do not get mourn because at a week or a month I can not buy a material for its high MU. :wise::wise:

I think the market evolves freely, and MA must intervene only in extreme cases, the sky is not falling because pyrite climbing. should fit your budget as I do and all players with a little intelligence,I do not get mourn because at a week or a month I can not buy a material for its high MU. :wise::wise:

The pyrite price is climbing because MA has already intervened too much.

There is no cap on the amount of Pyrite that can exist at all. Even if someone is hoarding it, it doesn't affect how much can be mined.

There is no cap on the amount of Pyrite that can exist at all. Even if someone is hoarding it, it doesn't affect how much can be mined.

But somehow during eomon migration (this year and last year) it is a lot harder to find pyrite. Crafters do not have, auction is empty, miners can not find. But it is like that only during migration :)

Charlie just crashed the market for some one :silly2:

Now that has got to be the best news I have heard all day :)

But somehow during eomon migration (this year and last year) it is a lot harder to find pyrite. Crafters do not have, auction is empty, miners can not find. But it is like that only during migration :)

When the demand on pyrite goes up more miners are probably mining for pyrite, more miners cleaning the same area makes it harder to find the pyrite I guess.

and i think this goes to the same box with the "there is no personal lootpool" just to fuck with players.. and they all giggle in the office

quite likely a shade of the truth, sure maybe technically no cap, however the probability of finding it decreases with the amount in game. so yea, even with a guy holding 100k ped of pyrite is still possible to find it, but will take you 10k drops to get a hit.

Developer notes V2.0a

Blaming everything on "caps" became a fad this year. Minerals may not have a hard "cap" per se but their drop rates do change over time, that's undeniable. Whether those changes are due to someone's finger on a button somewhere or simply automatic responses to consumption via crafting, or some other factors, is not easy to figure out.

Blaming everything on "caps" became a fad this year. Minerals may not have a hard "cap" per se but their drop rates do change over time, that's undeniable. Whether those changes are due to someone's finger on a button somewhere or simply automatic responses to consumption via crafting, or some other factors, is not easy to figure out.

CAP or no CAP, that is not the question.
The fact remains there is not enough Pyrite available to enjoy all aspects of this game and my gun.

The fact remains there is not enough Pyrite available to enjoy all aspects of this game and my gun.

pyrite is for hunters who love big damage.
why noone asks why so small amounts of himi,blood moss, kanerium redulite ?
rudlite is to amke big mining amps but people not complain that they cannot afford to get big mining amp because mu is too big?

edit : or maby there is no miners to mine pyrite ?

Last edited:
I'm just wondering if anyone in here has an actual education or real experience from game design...

There's plenty of pyrite :) Sounds like scads of it already dug up and ready to go :)

Unless I missed something there isnt any actual proof of a cap on pyrite? So do we all fall for trolls and heresay again :facepalm:

Unless I missed something there isnt any actual proof of a cap on pyrite? So do we all fall for trolls and heresay again :facepalm:

I've never seen you in pvp4, so I can only assume you are referring to yourself as the troll?

I've never noticed the pyrite cap, though sometimes I get only pyrite, sometimes none at all.
I think it's good as it is :) though Arkadia lootable pvp should have increased hit of pyrite.

Back