Otorugi Massacre - Sponsored by Arkadia Land Area 6

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
Otorugi Massacre!

Brought to you by Arkadia Land Area 6, East of Taipan Digsite

Rules

Event will be held from 8/22/2014 00:00 to 8/24/2014 23:59 GMT (server time)

Applies to all kills on Otorugis, Young to Stalker

Globals will count as one point, refer to prizes below
if the brain is looted, prizes are only valid if it is sold to the event runner, Meloveyou LongTime Fivedolla.

Teams may participate, BIG##### must be added to the end of the team for credit and will be added manually. See the BIG industries plugin for details.

Prizes

Top 3 hunters, in global count, will receive 5 ped per global.

Hunters must have a minimum of 20 globals to qualify for the global per ped prize.

Bad Beat Award: If the brain is looted during the event, the looter will receive 15,000ped (in exchange for the brain, no restrictions) and the top 10 hunters of that event with over 10 globals will receive 5ped per global.

Note: Due to issues with teams, the scoreboard is NOT FINAL.

Event Details: http://entropialife.com/Events.aspx?M=viewEvent&eventID=600

Last edited:
Had to amend the bad beat award. That could have ended up.being extremely costly. :)

Nice event... Good work :)

Had to clarify info about teams.

I think you need to clarify more...

I understand it, but I am not sure that others do.

The individual hunters listed in the standing on the event page have little chance to be in the top-3, even though it looks like they would if you click on the EL site, because Fivedolla allowed teams to participate. Teams are NOT listed in the standings, there are teams with twice as many globals as the current solo leader shown on EL, and therefore solo hunters are at a major disadvantage, because Fivedolla allowed teams to hunt instead of doing something like a top team categaory, and a top solo hunting category and (give 2.5 per to top 3 in each instead), which makes perfect sense, but Fivedolla wouldn't know that because he didn't consult the oracle prior to making his event. :p So gz, teams...go get the brain!

I hate to say it, bro, b/c I luv ya, but as soon as 3 teams take over the lead from the solo hunters, solo hunters will not care, and by allowing teams, you limited yourself to 3 teams grinding all weekend instead of everybody.

At least this didn't happen on a LA of yours, like those people who cost themselves thousands of peds because they didn't listen to me or fluske or the countless others that explained the folly on Ark LA1 6 months ago.

I understand you get no ped from these kills, that you just want the brain looted, and that it is your event to make how you want, but you have to be clear, because I think more than a few solo hunters are grinding away, and dont understand that the teams will be bumping them out of contention because they are NOT listed in the EL standings.

But more importantly, I know that eliciting the brain to drop requires that both dynamics are accounted for, solo AND team...not just one or the other. Teams and solo's both need to be out there constantly. Since teams can so easily win your event, you limited yourself to half the dynamic.

Last edited:
​Me and you Taco......for the Tab-Tabs ;)

Is it me or are there no Otorugi on LA 6? Just flew over the area and only saw Ubo and mutated Beladoth

Is it me or are there no Otorugi on LA 6? Just flew over the area and only saw Ubo and mutated Beladoth

there is no otorugi dna (missing brain).. but dollah wants one.. thats why he hosts these events to get ppl to hunt otos for the chance one drops.. so its untaxed hunting

there is no otorugi dna (missing brain).. but dollah wants one.. thats why he hosts these events to get ppl to hunt otos for the chance one drops.. so its untaxed hunting

thanks just figured that out too... even better, I like untaxed hunting :dunce:

He has been bleeding PEDs now for a long time trying to get one to drop and I know that he appreciates every bit of help he can get.

I think you need to clarify more...

I understand it, but I am not sure that others do.

The individual hunters listed in the standing on the event page have little chance to be in the top-3, even though it looks like they would if you click on the EL site, because Fivedolla allowed teams to participate. Teams are NOT listed in the standings, there are teams with twice as many globals as the current solo leader shown on EL, and therefore solo hunters are at a major disadvantage, because Fivedolla allowed teams to hunt instead of doing something like a top team categaory, and a top solo hunting category and (give 2.5 per to top 3 in each instead), which makes perfect sense, but Fivedolla wouldn't know that because he didn't consult the oracle prior to making his event. :p So gz, teams...go get the brain!

I hate to say it, bro, b/c I luv ya, but as soon as 3 teams take over the lead from the solo hunters, solo hunters will not care, and by allowing teams, you limited yourself to 3 teams grinding all weekend instead of everybody.

At least this didn't happen on a LA of yours, like those people who cost themselves thousands of peds because they didn't listen to me or fluske or the countless others that explained the folly on Ark LA1 6 months ago.

I understand you get no ped from these kills, that you just want the brain looted, and that it is your event to make how you want, but you have to be clear, because I think more than a few solo hunters are grinding away, and dont understand that the teams will be bumping them out of contention because they are NOT listed in the EL standings.

But more importantly, I know that eliciting the brain to drop requires that both dynamics are accounted for, solo AND team...not just one or the other. Teams and solo's both need to be out there constantly. Since teams can so easily win your event, you limited yourself to half the dynamic.

I understand your comments but the overall objective is not to get into the top 3. There is no glorious grand prize for getting into the top 3. In fact, a grand prize for the looter and the participants requires the brain to drop. my only complaint is that the EL event does not factor in teams in the scoreboard, thus I will have to do that manually. Right now, there is only one team which does not have any faster turnover than what you or I can do ourselves. Is it exploitable? Sure, but I do not find any real advantage in doing so. You may, at best, be able to squeeze out an additional 50 peds which is ultimately a disencouraging fact as it would not be worth most team's time.

While I understand your extrapolation, this event and LA1's event are dissimilar. Not to throw them under the bus, but there were many things with that event that are in my no-no list. That includes changing rules in the middle of the event, which is why I will not disqualify any teams for this weekend.

I can create two separate events but there isn't enough team interest and I DO have to pay a fee to use EL's services, even if a portion of it is manual (which the team would be).

In the end, and in short, to properly win the event, you must loot the Otorugi Brain. Everything else is offsetting hunting markup to incentivize you to do what I (and Arkadia) need at this time.

1st place (47) Felanguar FEEL Wish
2nd place TacoRageQuitEveryDaySmallPenis (39)
3rd Place Jack Scar WhineAboutLootInaBox (33)

Come collect your prizes.

Week 36 starts now.

Back